GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce member, The GS Group, has acquired a long-established Big County insurance firm.
The Shore Road company officially takes over Iain and Dawn Butchart’s I and D Insurance on September 1.
“Iain and Dawn wanted to find a local home for a local business because loyalty and the personal touch was important to them,” explained managing director and former Chamber director George Stubbs.
“There will be a dedicated team here to look after their clients in Alyth and beyond.
“As the second largest independent operator in Scotland, over the years we have tended to grow organically.
“But we see this as a good fit as a local business with a strong emphasis on personal service.”
The Butcharts had a background in insurance but took a leap in the dark when they set-up I and D Insurance 25 years ago.
“I suppose it was a huge risk at the time. We had no clients, nothing at all apart from two young kids and a dog!” said Iain.
“But it worked out well and the business developed very quickly, with the emphasis on private car, household and general insurance.
“As we looked towards retirement we wanted to make sure someone of a similar mindset to us took over.
“Everything fell into place very quickly.”
Iain and Dawn play an integral role in the highly acclaimed Strathmore Golf Centre junior development programme.
“We are heavily involved in junior golf so we will probably do a bit more of that, and maybe make up for lost time on the holiday front over the winter,” said Iain.
GS Group managing director George Stubbs, Dawn and Iain Butchart and Perth branch director Anita McGregor
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 7th December 2020
- The Magic of Christmas from Pitlochry Festival Theatre
- Circular Tayside: How to make your own reusable face covering – live workshop from Zero Waste Scotland
- Circular Tayside: Rural jobs Scotland: Report predicts thousands of roles could be created in green economy boost
- Circular Tayside: Survey highlights Perth and Kinross residents’ concerns over single-use plastics
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 4th December 2020
- Perth College UHI: New Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) allows SMEs to access up to £5,000 worth of training
- Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust - A Valuable Local Asset for All
- Circular Tayside : November 2020 Newsletter
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Circular Tayside: Check out this inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s!
- Scottish Government Daily Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Scottish Government Daily Monday 30th December 2020
- Inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s
- Salutation Hotel Festive Lunch & Dinner Specials
- PRI Cheque Presentation in Memory of Businessman Jim Graham
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 26th Nov 2020
- Meet Artist Gerard Burns Invitation from Carbon
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Wednesday 25th November 2020
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar