GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce member, The GS Group, has acquired a long-established Big County insurance firm.
The Shore Road company officially takes over Iain and Dawn Butchart’s I and D Insurance on September 1.
“Iain and Dawn wanted to find a local home for a local business because loyalty and the personal touch was important to them,” explained managing director and former Chamber director George Stubbs.
“There will be a dedicated team here to look after their clients in Alyth and beyond.
“As the second largest independent operator in Scotland, over the years we have tended to grow organically.
“But we see this as a good fit as a local business with a strong emphasis on personal service.”
The Butcharts had a background in insurance but took a leap in the dark when they set-up I and D Insurance 25 years ago.
“I suppose it was a huge risk at the time. We had no clients, nothing at all apart from two young kids and a dog!” said Iain.
“But it worked out well and the business developed very quickly, with the emphasis on private car, household and general insurance.
“As we looked towards retirement we wanted to make sure someone of a similar mindset to us took over.
“Everything fell into place very quickly.”
Iain and Dawn play an integral role in the highly acclaimed Strathmore Golf Centre junior development programme.
“We are heavily involved in junior golf so we will probably do a bit more of that, and maybe make up for lost time on the holiday front over the winter,” said Iain.
GS Group managing director George Stubbs, Dawn and Iain Butchart and Perth branch director Anita McGregor
- The kindness of local businesses lift spirits of care home teams across Balhousie Care Group
- “Circular economy development goes digital"
- New measures introduced for Right to Work checks – including video calls and accepting scanned documents Insight from Gurjit Pall, Immigration law specialist at Thorntons
- How the DVLA deployed a chatbot and improved customer engagement. 3 April 2020
- Balhousie Care Group develops staff app in record time as it ramps up communication in wake of Coronavirus
- Pup-tastic News for the Enchanted Forest Community Trust
- Thorntons Legal Updates - Coronavirus Latest Articles
- D C Thomson Media - Your Guide to Working From Home like a pro!
- Coronavirus: Army of Tayside and Fife volunteers emerges as thousands rally to help neighbours
- Balhousie Care Group provides food for homeless and vulnerable as it backs Social Bite’s latest charity drive
- March sees sharp fall in Scottish Business Confidence
- Thorntons Advice for Businesses: Job Retention Scheme Update
- Circular Tayside - Free Zero Waste Webiner
- Business Resilience, Insurance and Claims Advice
- Support for Self Employed
- Covid-19: Guidance for parents who share care of their children
- Coronavirus Pandemic – Do you still have to carry out your contracts?
- UK Government Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Perthshire school donates tablet devices to local care home to help residents keep in touch with loved ones
- Thorntons Advice for Small Businesses
- Financial Support Schemes for Businesses - Covid-19
- Free Information Sharing Opportunities with DC Thomson Media
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 7
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 6