GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce member, The GS Group, has acquired a long-established Big County insurance firm.
The Shore Road company officially takes over Iain and Dawn Butchart’s I and D Insurance on September 1.
“Iain and Dawn wanted to find a local home for a local business because loyalty and the personal touch was important to them,” explained managing director and former Chamber director George Stubbs.
“There will be a dedicated team here to look after their clients in Alyth and beyond.
“As the second largest independent operator in Scotland, over the years we have tended to grow organically.
“But we see this as a good fit as a local business with a strong emphasis on personal service.”
The Butcharts had a background in insurance but took a leap in the dark when they set-up I and D Insurance 25 years ago.
“I suppose it was a huge risk at the time. We had no clients, nothing at all apart from two young kids and a dog!” said Iain.
“But it worked out well and the business developed very quickly, with the emphasis on private car, household and general insurance.
“As we looked towards retirement we wanted to make sure someone of a similar mindset to us took over.
“Everything fell into place very quickly.”
Iain and Dawn play an integral role in the highly acclaimed Strathmore Golf Centre junior development programme.
“We are heavily involved in junior golf so we will probably do a bit more of that, and maybe make up for lost time on the holiday front over the winter,” said Iain.
GS Group managing director George Stubbs, Dawn and Iain Butchart and Perth branch director Anita McGregor
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions