GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce member, The GS Group, has acquired a long-established Big County insurance firm.
The Shore Road company officially takes over Iain and Dawn Butchart’s I and D Insurance on September 1.
“Iain and Dawn wanted to find a local home for a local business because loyalty and the personal touch was important to them,” explained managing director and former Chamber director George Stubbs.
“There will be a dedicated team here to look after their clients in Alyth and beyond.
“As the second largest independent operator in Scotland, over the years we have tended to grow organically.
“But we see this as a good fit as a local business with a strong emphasis on personal service.”
The Butcharts had a background in insurance but took a leap in the dark when they set-up I and D Insurance 25 years ago.
“I suppose it was a huge risk at the time. We had no clients, nothing at all apart from two young kids and a dog!” said Iain.
“But it worked out well and the business developed very quickly, with the emphasis on private car, household and general insurance.
“As we looked towards retirement we wanted to make sure someone of a similar mindset to us took over.
“Everything fell into place very quickly.”
Iain and Dawn play an integral role in the highly acclaimed Strathmore Golf Centre junior development programme.
“We are heavily involved in junior golf so we will probably do a bit more of that, and maybe make up for lost time on the holiday front over the winter,” said Iain.
GS Group managing director George Stubbs, Dawn and Iain Butchart and Perth branch director Anita McGregor
- The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.
- Continued growth after expansion for leading law firm Thorntons
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and Liquidation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency Law and the differences in regimes as between Scotland and England & Wales
- Scone Palace gets into shape with a January Jog
- Buses Are Key To Making Our Communities Cleaner And Ensuring Our High Streets Thrive As Pivotal Year Begins
- 2020 starts with a bang for Employment Law
- The Enchanted Forest opens its 2020 Community Fund for applications
- Care Home resident and former St Johnstone FC scout welcomes his home team for visit
- Local charity donation of Perth Panto tickets
- Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business