GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce member, The GS Group, has acquired a long-established Big County insurance firm.
The Shore Road company officially takes over Iain and Dawn Butchart’s I and D Insurance on September 1.
“Iain and Dawn wanted to find a local home for a local business because loyalty and the personal touch was important to them,” explained managing director and former Chamber director George Stubbs.
“There will be a dedicated team here to look after their clients in Alyth and beyond.
“As the second largest independent operator in Scotland, over the years we have tended to grow organically.
“But we see this as a good fit as a local business with a strong emphasis on personal service.”
The Butcharts had a background in insurance but took a leap in the dark when they set-up I and D Insurance 25 years ago.
“I suppose it was a huge risk at the time. We had no clients, nothing at all apart from two young kids and a dog!” said Iain.
“But it worked out well and the business developed very quickly, with the emphasis on private car, household and general insurance.
“As we looked towards retirement we wanted to make sure someone of a similar mindset to us took over.
“Everything fell into place very quickly.”
Iain and Dawn play an integral role in the highly acclaimed Strathmore Golf Centre junior development programme.
“We are heavily involved in junior golf so we will probably do a bit more of that, and maybe make up for lost time on the holiday front over the winter,” said Iain.
GS Group managing director George Stubbs, Dawn and Iain Butchart and Perth branch director Anita McGregor
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline
- Queen's Awards Open for Entries - Perth and Kinross Businesses Urged to Enter
- All Strong Mind & Body Programme Free for Perth & Kinross Residents
- Glenalmond Pupils Trained as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Join BBC Debate Night's HEALTHCARE SPECIAL - Wednesday 7th April 2021