GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce member, The GS Group, has acquired a long-established Big County insurance firm.
The Shore Road company officially takes over Iain and Dawn Butchart’s I and D Insurance on September 1.
“Iain and Dawn wanted to find a local home for a local business because loyalty and the personal touch was important to them,” explained managing director and former Chamber director George Stubbs.
“There will be a dedicated team here to look after their clients in Alyth and beyond.
“As the second largest independent operator in Scotland, over the years we have tended to grow organically.
“But we see this as a good fit as a local business with a strong emphasis on personal service.”
The Butcharts had a background in insurance but took a leap in the dark when they set-up I and D Insurance 25 years ago.
“I suppose it was a huge risk at the time. We had no clients, nothing at all apart from two young kids and a dog!” said Iain.
“But it worked out well and the business developed very quickly, with the emphasis on private car, household and general insurance.
“As we looked towards retirement we wanted to make sure someone of a similar mindset to us took over.
“Everything fell into place very quickly.”
Iain and Dawn play an integral role in the highly acclaimed Strathmore Golf Centre junior development programme.
“We are heavily involved in junior golf so we will probably do a bit more of that, and maybe make up for lost time on the holiday front over the winter,” said Iain.
GS Group managing director George Stubbs, Dawn and Iain Butchart and Perth branch director Anita McGregor
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"