GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce member, The GS Group, has acquired a long-established Big County insurance firm.
The Shore Road company officially takes over Iain and Dawn Butchart’s I and D Insurance on September 1.
“Iain and Dawn wanted to find a local home for a local business because loyalty and the personal touch was important to them,” explained managing director and former Chamber director George Stubbs.
“There will be a dedicated team here to look after their clients in Alyth and beyond.
“As the second largest independent operator in Scotland, over the years we have tended to grow organically.
“But we see this as a good fit as a local business with a strong emphasis on personal service.”
The Butcharts had a background in insurance but took a leap in the dark when they set-up I and D Insurance 25 years ago.
“I suppose it was a huge risk at the time. We had no clients, nothing at all apart from two young kids and a dog!” said Iain.
“But it worked out well and the business developed very quickly, with the emphasis on private car, household and general insurance.
“As we looked towards retirement we wanted to make sure someone of a similar mindset to us took over.
“Everything fell into place very quickly.”
Iain and Dawn play an integral role in the highly acclaimed Strathmore Golf Centre junior development programme.
“We are heavily involved in junior golf so we will probably do a bit more of that, and maybe make up for lost time on the holiday front over the winter,” said Iain.
GS Group managing director George Stubbs, Dawn and Iain Butchart and Perth branch director Anita McGregor
- Circular Tayside - Free Zero Waste Webiner
- Business Resilience, Insurance and Claims Advice
- Support for Self Employed
- Covid-19: Guidance for parents who share care of their children
- Coronavirus Pandemic – Do you still have to carry out your contracts?
- UK Government Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Perthshire school donates tablet devices to local care home to help residents keep in touch with loved ones
- Thorntons Advice for Small Businesses
- Financial Support Schemes for Businesses - Covid-19
- Free Information Sharing Opportunities with DC Thomson Media
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 7
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 6
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 5
- Employment Changes April 2020
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 4
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 2
- • Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 1
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 3
- Covid-19 Market Update 16th March 2020
- Remote Working : Covid-19 / Corona Virus
- Chamber Network Update - Coronavirus
- Absent staff showing Coronavirus symptoms should be paid full wage’ urges Scots employment lawyer
- Scone Palace & Estates appoints a new Chief Executive
- PCC: International Trade Survey 2020 Q1