Grey Matters, The Company Creation Programme
Grey Matters, the company creation programme, has been designed to stimulate economic recovery and create new business opportunities using, in this instance, the skillset of Scotland’s ex-aerospace workforce.
Our company creation programme, supported by Scottish Enterprise and Renfrewshire Council, will support those with ideas, concepts, energy and drive to develop businesses with high growth potential.
The intensive 16-week programme will see successful applicants go on a journey of self-discovery. We will help shake up their thinking, expand their creativity, push boundaries, initiate new ways of thinking, introduce them to potential new colleagues and – most importantly, help them shape their own future.
The programme is more than an accelerator. It has a clear purpose to support start-ups developing solutions and create new businesses with high growth potential.
With applications due to open on 10th May 2021, we need help to identify individuals with ideas, technologies and solutions; individuals who have something to give and want to be part of something bigger and individuals looking to build teams. We will fast-track them to build national connections, networks and provide peer support - all to benefit our economy.
We are keen to engage with individuals from across Scotland’s aerospace industries who are currently not in work or looking for a new project to build their own legacy. Our aim is to create a diverse cohort, we are looking for:
- Individuals with the beginnings of an idea but need support to develop it
- Those with an idea or opportunity but need to build a team to help it succeed
- People with the desire to be part of a founding team ready to launch a successful start-up
- Businesses ready for vertical take-off
In return, they will be left with the tools and experience to discover, develop and deliver their idea to success.
Our company creation programme will run for 16-weeks, starting 16th August and finishing 25th November 2021.
Programme commitment will amount to workshop sessions four days a week – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.
In addition, members of the cohort will be involved in afternoon de-briefs, be expected to complete oine work resulting from the workshops and be required to spend time collaborating with other members of the cohort.
Teams will be formed around the top ideas – chosen by the cohort and then tested in two stage gates designed to determine how well ideas are developing, as well as what the best next step is.
At the end of the programme, participants will take part in the final Showcase event. The live event will provide each with the opportunity to present their idea to family and friends, potential funders, local ecosystem support and Elevator Partners.
The programme is fully funded powered by Elevator and in partnership with Scottish Enterprise and Renfrewshire Council.
Delivered by Elevator, Scotland’s largest provider of Accelerators and one of Scotland’s leading business support organisations, we work across the country to facilitate the start-up, acceleration, and growth of new and existing businesses.
We are unique as we understand the power in connecting with others. Throughout the 16-weeks we will work in collaboration with other support organisations and businesses to give you access to a wide range of specialist support.
Our aim is to ensure the applicant and their idea reach maximum potential.
Due to Covid-19 the programme will be delivered online using Zoom and Microsoft Teams. All participants will be encouraged to make use of appropriate social media platforms to engage across the cohort. As we ease out of lockdown restrictions, we hope there will be opportunities to meet in person.
- Online Information Session: Friday 25th June 1400 – 1600
- Applications Close: 7th July
- Programme Commences: Monday 16th August
- Showcase Event: 25th November
How to Get Involved… If you have any questions, recommendations or referrals, please contact:
Programme Manager, Karen Clark: E: firstname.lastname@example.org, M: 07824 504387
- Circular Tayside: Survey highlights Perth and Kinross residents’ concerns over single-use plastics
- Perth College UHI: New Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) allows SMEs to access up to £5,000 worth of training
- Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust - A Valuable Local Asset for All
- Circular Tayside : November 2020 Newsletter
- Circular Tayside: Check out this inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s!
- Inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s
- Salutation Hotel Festive Lunch & Dinner Specials
- PRI Cheque Presentation in Memory of Businessman Jim Graham
- Meet Artist Gerard Burns Invitation from Carbon
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Baseline Employment Analysis and Skills Pathways for the Circular Economy in Scotland.
- STAGECOACH EAST SCOTLAND NAMED ‘PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPERATOR’ OF THE YEAR FOR THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING
- Online event: 17 Nov, 1100-1200. Organised by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Circular Tayside. Circular Tayside organisations: adapting to COVID-19 Restrictions.