Grey Matters, The Company Creation Programme
Grey Matters, the company creation programme, has been designed to stimulate economic recovery and create new business opportunities using, in this instance, the skillset of Scotland’s ex-aerospace workforce.
Our company creation programme, supported by Scottish Enterprise and Renfrewshire Council, will support those with ideas, concepts, energy and drive to develop businesses with high growth potential.
The intensive 16-week programme will see successful applicants go on a journey of self-discovery. We will help shake up their thinking, expand their creativity, push boundaries, initiate new ways of thinking, introduce them to potential new colleagues and – most importantly, help them shape their own future.
The programme is more than an accelerator. It has a clear purpose to support start-ups developing solutions and create new businesses with high growth potential.
With applications due to open on 10th May 2021, we need help to identify individuals with ideas, technologies and solutions; individuals who have something to give and want to be part of something bigger and individuals looking to build teams. We will fast-track them to build national connections, networks and provide peer support - all to benefit our economy.
We are keen to engage with individuals from across Scotland’s aerospace industries who are currently not in work or looking for a new project to build their own legacy. Our aim is to create a diverse cohort, we are looking for:
- Individuals with the beginnings of an idea but need support to develop it
- Those with an idea or opportunity but need to build a team to help it succeed
- People with the desire to be part of a founding team ready to launch a successful start-up
- Businesses ready for vertical take-off
In return, they will be left with the tools and experience to discover, develop and deliver their idea to success.
Our company creation programme will run for 16-weeks, starting 16th August and finishing 25th November 2021.
Programme commitment will amount to workshop sessions four days a week – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.
In addition, members of the cohort will be involved in afternoon de-briefs, be expected to complete oine work resulting from the workshops and be required to spend time collaborating with other members of the cohort.
Teams will be formed around the top ideas – chosen by the cohort and then tested in two stage gates designed to determine how well ideas are developing, as well as what the best next step is.
At the end of the programme, participants will take part in the final Showcase event. The live event will provide each with the opportunity to present their idea to family and friends, potential funders, local ecosystem support and Elevator Partners.
The programme is fully funded powered by Elevator and in partnership with Scottish Enterprise and Renfrewshire Council.
Delivered by Elevator, Scotland’s largest provider of Accelerators and one of Scotland’s leading business support organisations, we work across the country to facilitate the start-up, acceleration, and growth of new and existing businesses.
We are unique as we understand the power in connecting with others. Throughout the 16-weeks we will work in collaboration with other support organisations and businesses to give you access to a wide range of specialist support.
Our aim is to ensure the applicant and their idea reach maximum potential.
Due to Covid-19 the programme will be delivered online using Zoom and Microsoft Teams. All participants will be encouraged to make use of appropriate social media platforms to engage across the cohort. As we ease out of lockdown restrictions, we hope there will be opportunities to meet in person.
- Online Information Session: Friday 25th June 1400 – 1600
- Applications Close: 7th July
- Programme Commences: Monday 16th August
- Showcase Event: 25th November
How to Get Involved… If you have any questions, recommendations or referrals, please contact:
Programme Manager, Karen Clark: E: firstname.lastname@example.org, M: 07824 504387
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer