Grand Day at Gleneagles for Chamber Golf Day
Guests at this year’s Perthshire Chamber of Commerce Golf Day, supported by Carbon Financial Partners, enjoyed a successful day on the fabulous Centenary Championship Golf Course at Gleneagles.
Golfers again snapped up places in record time to support this annual event.
Teeing off after lunch, players enjoyed a terrific afternoon of golf with fabulous scenery and great course conditions.
The sell-out event, sponsored by Carbon Financial Partners for the sixth year running, saw teams compete for Winning Team, Winning Individual, Orange Ball, Nearest the Pin and Longest Drive for a range of fabulous trophies and prizes.
Gordon Wilson, Managing Director of Carbon Financial Partners, said:
“The Championship Centenary Course was in excellent condition. The event organisation was first-class and the staff at Gleneagles couldn’t have been more hospitable and welcoming. The event was again superbly well supported by the local business community, there were only a couple of showers and everyone had a fantastic day. We look forward to supporting this quality event again next year.”
Chamber Chief Executive Vicki Unite added:
“The result of this partnership was, once again, a flawless event which was thoroughly enjoyable. We are delighted to confirm our partnership again with Carbon and look forward to an equally successful event next year.”
Additional support came from: Platinum Partners (Binn Group, Blackadders, Thorntons, Castle Water, Urban Union, DWK Office Solutions, Graham Environmental Services, Fairways HR Business Support & Recruitment Specialists and Perth College UHI), plus Gold Partner Crieff Hydro Hotel. Gordon Butt of Hardies Property & Construction Consultants managed the teams and scoring and prizes were generously donated by Carbon Financial Partners, Gleneagles, Crieff Golf Club, Murrayshall Hotel & Golf Courses and Victus Consultancy.
The date for next year’s event will be announced soon so please look out for that announcement.
Full team photos on Carbon Financial’s website here www.carbonfinancial.co.uk
The individual winner was James Riley who scooped the Chamber Millennium Trophy, Golf for four donated by Murrayshall House Hotel and Golf Courses and Afternoon Tea for two gifted by The Gleneagles Hotel.
The winning team, Tower Bakery, made up of David McKinnon, Tim Steele, Joe Riley and James Riley. They took home the Carbon Financial Partners Winning Team Claret Jug, beautiful Carbon individual decanters and Golf for four each donated by Crieff Golf Club.
The Orange Ball competition was won by the Carbon Financial Partners Team 2, consisting of Mark Christie, Bob Morrison, Andy Burrows and Stuart Wallace who collected the Cairncross Trophy and Gleneagles golf towels and caps.
Nearest the Pin winner Graeme Whyte went home with the Elder & Paton Quaich along with Golf Balls and a Golf Umbrella donated by Carbon Financial Partners and Afternoon Tea for Two at Heaven Scent donated by Victus Consultancy.
The Longest Drive was won by David McKinnon who won balls and a golf umbrella donated by Carbon Financial Partners.
Photos by Fraser Band
- Business Confidence dips in Scotland
- Stagecoach appoints new managing director of East Scotland bus operations
- Scone Palace opens its doors for an exciting 2019 tourist season
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- The Old Manse of Blair unveils new restaurant: The Orangery
- Dunkeld House Hotel Continues Investment
- Castle Water Reveals New Brand
- Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
- SATISFACTION AMONG STAGECOACH BUS PASSENGERS IN SCOTLAND RISES TO 92%
- The Enchanted Forest delivers £7.6million shot in the arm to Perthshire economy
- SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
- The Enchanted Forest featured in leading guide book series
- Are Ubers drivers considered to be workers?
- GP Sustainability Loan Fund
- The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- Brexit Update
- STAGECOACH BOOSTS PERTHSHIRE INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES BY GETTING ON BOARD WITH MI REWARDS INITIATIVE
- There’s still time to top-up your State Pension
- Government proposals to extend legal protections for pregnant women and new mothers
- Thorntons Employment Law Update
- TEMPERATURES RISE AS BUSINESSES TACKLE THE MENOPAUSE AT WORK
- ARCHIE FOUNDATION SPRING BALL TABLES AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Record £62k sum raised for Cash for Kids