Fund to support food & drink producers and suppliers
Applications are open for a fund to support Scottish food and drink suppliers and producers to invest in future growth.
The annual Food Processing, Marketing and Cooperation Grant Scheme (FPMC) aims to enable investment across a range of projects including buildings and equipment, feasibility studies, co-operative ventures and the improvement of supply-chain efficiency.
A total of £7.3 million is available in this financial year to support initiatives that will safeguard jobs and increase sector efficiency.
Rural Affairs Secretary Mairi Gougeon said: “Our food and drink sector creates amazing produce that is enjoyed across local, national and international markets.
“As well as encouraging innovation and co-operation, this scheme will also help sustain and create employment opportunities within our rural communities which have been particularly hardly hit by the damaging impact of Brexit.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has also underlined the need for a strong food supply chain and growing consumer interest in food that is produced locally to a high standard.
“Looking to the future, this funding will help new and established businesses to move into emerging markets and ensure the long-term viability of our primary producers.”
Applicants to the scheme will be asked to demonstrate the benefits their project will provide to the local economy. This includes shortening supply chains, increased of use of local produce and markets and benefits to the wider local economy.
Businesses will also be asked to demonstrate their commitment to the principles of fair work and outline the ways their proposed projects will contribute to net zero.
Previous successful applicants include Fife-based The Buffalo farm who received funding to help diversify from buffalo meat to a range of dairy products using buffalo milk, while Crafty Maltsters Ltd secured an award of more than £144,000 towards the creation of a new maltings facility at their Auchtermuchty farm.
The deadline for applications to be received is midnight on 12 September 2021.
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Deepen Dubai Connections at Landmark Bi-lateral Chamber Exchange
- COVID-19 Booster Programme
- First Minister’s COVID-19 Omicron Variant Briefing 10:30am 29/11/2021
- 'Back for the Future' Business Star Awards
- Scottish business taking green energy message to the world
- SCC respond to Scottish Government COVID-19 update
- PEST CONTROL FIRM TEES-UP NEW ROLE
- Scotland is Open
- Stagecoach announces free travel for veterans and military personnel across the UK on Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels celebrates staff with a smile
- Perth based Carbon Financial is celebrating a landmark industry accolade
- Scottish Careers Week: 'Shape The Future' Webinar
- SCC Network - QEI Update
- Macnabs Will Aid Fundraising Event
- Pitlochry care home gets into the Autumn spirit with its own Tattie Bogle and a visit from Yarn Bombers
- KILMAC SPREADING ITS WINGS
- SCC Reaction to UK Budget 2021
- Plans for £33.8 million leisure-led development at Perthshire submitted to the Council
- Stephen Leckie honoured with HIT Industry Award 2021
- Thorntons Recruit Five New Solicitors
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club