#FlushFest2021: the world’s only menopause festival!
#FlushFest2021 is going from Perth in Scotland to Perth in Australia and everywhere in between this year! A volunteer run festival which is usually held in Perth and whose aim is to inspire and educate people of all ages and genders about menopause whilst having lots of fun along the way; is going virtual on 30th April and 1st May, to allow visitors from all over to join in.
Journalist and television presenter Kirsty Wark will open the world's only menopause festival to help "break the taboo and have some fun" as it goes virtual from its home in Scotland. There will be talks by experts, stand-up comedy, creative workshops, theatre and some outstanding cabaret performances, all raising awareness of the impact of menopause on those experiencing it, their friends, family and colleagues.
Previous festivals have been a huge success and have attracted visitors from all over the country to Perth to enjoy the town, and it is because of this popularity that the Menopause Café volunteers who run the event, have committed to delivering an outstanding online offering this year.
Menopause Café Chairperson Rachel Weiss said:
“FlushFest was missed by everyone involved last year so we are delighted to be back this year. From a menopause in the workplace seminar to yoga and belly dancing classes we have something for everyone that is inspiring, educational and most of all fun. We are particularly pleased to welcome some fantastic acts for our Cabaret evening including multi-award winning Scottish musician Karine Polwart.”
Due to its online nature, #FlushFest2021 has so far attracted attendees from New Zealand, Australia and the USA as well as a whole new group of people who want to know more and share their experiences.
Find out more about the event here: http://bit.ly/flushfest2021
The event is sponsored by Lindsays Solicitors and Rowan Consultancy.
Click here to sign up to The Menopause Cafe newsletter
Please contact Karen Nichol at The Skills Collective for further information and for interviews and further quotes if required.
Telephone: 07889 743250
Menopause Cafe SC048435
- Inflation pushes UK government interest costs to May record
- Second 24-hour rail walkout after talks collapse
- British Airways Heathrow staff back summer strikes over pay
- People cut back on food shopping as price rises bite
- New £2m fund to cut environmental impact of textiles
- New £200 million to back innovative agriculture projects
- Landlord warning over making Covid eviction laws permanent
- G7 Leaders detail $600bn plan to rival China's Belt and Road initiative
- Independent report into funding for tax and welfare devolution
- Scottish councils given powers to run own bus services
- Royal Mail workers to vote on strike over pay
- Scottish film industry projected to grow to £1 billion by 2030
- Scottish Government announces £10m investment in net-zero energy
- 19 October 2023 proposed as date for second Scottish Independence Referendum
- Great Perthshire Festival 2022
- Courier Awards
- VAT annual adjustments - it's time to act to ensure claims are maximised
- How to make Health & Safety a Priority for your Business
- PoP Feature: Past of Perthshire - Perth: Scenic Setting and Evolution
- UK inflation rises at fastest rate for 40 years as food costs jump
- Scottish tourism bookings down as cost-of-living crisis bites
- Second rail strike to go ahead on Thursday as talks break down
- NFU Mutual Perth Recognised for Exceptional Service and Performance
- Jane Spiers Appointed as New Chair of the National Theatre of Scotland