First direct China-Scotland container service launched
A direct container shipping service connecting China and Scotland is being launched for the first time.
The new freight route between Chinese ports and Greenock Ocean Terminal is a partnership between KC Liner Agencies, DKT Allseas and China Xpress.
KC Liner said the direct sailings would almost halve transit times, compared with services via continental Europe or other southern UK ports.
It added the move was in response to growing global supply chain pressures.
The maiden China Xpress voyage from Ningbo is scheduled to berth at Scotland's deepest container terminal in late August.
It will lead to three sailings per month in each direction.
The new service aims to cut the journey time from about 60 days to an estimated 33 by eliminating unscheduled port congestion delays in Rotterdam.
Exports from Scotland will include beer, whisky, confectionery, gin, paper, shortbread, water and machinery, while imports will include textiles, furniture, toys, fitness equipment and footwear.
FROM SCC NETWORK
- Scottish Enterprise launches digital tool to accelerate businesses towards net zero
- Britain’s ‘great unretirement’: cost of living drives older people back to work
- EXCLUSIVE: New collaboration to boost business and trade between Scotland and Turkey
- It’s time for more flex as agile working takes centre stage
- Perthshire hotel offers summer sessions with sporting professionals
- RIVER TAY SPORTS HUB LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE
- Family-run Scottish hotels recognised with business accolade
- Half of small business owners forced to increase prices, report finds
- Sizewell C nuclear plant gets go-ahead from UK government
- ScotRail announces reintroduction of timetable
- UK inflation reaches new 40-year high of 9.4%
- CGI ecosystem partner search
- First direct China-Scotland container service launched
- Eurozone raises interest rates for first time in 11 years
- UK debt interest reaches record high as inflation soars
- Recovery Loan Scheme Extended
- Balhousie Care Group bolsters senior team with appointment of leading figure in health and social care
- Scottish Law Firm Supports Charity Aiding Vulnerable People Around the World
- Big Butterfly Count and Tayside Recorders' Day Call to Action
- Businesses who import or export goods are urged to prepare for UK customs declaration system changes
- Raft of Promotions and New Talent Intake for Azets in Scotland
- Blair Castle International Horse Trials 2022
- The WM Mann Foundation Supports Glenalmond Education for Ukrainian pupil
- Binn Group Golf Day Champions Local Charities