Family Reunions at Balhousie
Balhousie care home residents make the most of lockdown easing with outings and family get-togethers
Residents of Balhousie Care Group are making the most of the easing of lockdown restrictions to take trips with loved ones and have family get-togethers.
With last weekend’s change of rules around travel and socialising, the award-winning care home group trialled out-of-home visits between residents and their relatives.
One of the first to enjoy the easing of restrictions was Jeannette Henderson, a resident at Balhousie Brookfield care home in Carnoustie, Angus which ran the pilot scheme. Jeannette travelled by car to her daughter Sara’s home, also in Carnoustie, where she enjoyed an afternoon in Sara’s garden with her family.
Sara said: “The visit went really well. I think we were all a bit apprehensive because it’s been more than a year since my mum has had a trip like that. But she said she felt very comfortable coming out with us and it was a great mood enhancer for her. I can see how it will help other residents too and look forward to it being a regular thing.”
Now Balhousie Care Group will extend it to each of its 26 homes from Monday April 26, in time for Scotland’s next stage in its roadmap out of lockdown.
Sheilah Harvey, Head of Operations at Balhousie Care Group, said: “The easing of travel and socialising restrictions last weekend meant the time was right to trial out-of-home visits between residents and their relatives and friends. We’re grateful to our relatives for working with us to ensure safe and happy outings. We really hope our local communities will continue to follow Government guidelines so that all of our care home residents can confidently and safely enjoy time again outside of the homes.”
Photo caption: Sara Henderson, Balhousie Brookfield resident Jeannette Henderson (centre) and grandchildren Marc and Ana Pons Henderson enjoying their visit together in Carnoustie.
- The Enchanted Forest opens its 2020 Community Fund for applications
- Care Home resident and former St Johnstone FC scout welcomes his home team for visit
- Local charity donation of Perth Panto tickets
- Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.