Family Reunions at Balhousie
Balhousie care home residents make the most of lockdown easing with outings and family get-togethers
Residents of Balhousie Care Group are making the most of the easing of lockdown restrictions to take trips with loved ones and have family get-togethers.
With last weekend’s change of rules around travel and socialising, the award-winning care home group trialled out-of-home visits between residents and their relatives.
One of the first to enjoy the easing of restrictions was Jeannette Henderson, a resident at Balhousie Brookfield care home in Carnoustie, Angus which ran the pilot scheme. Jeannette travelled by car to her daughter Sara’s home, also in Carnoustie, where she enjoyed an afternoon in Sara’s garden with her family.
Sara said: “The visit went really well. I think we were all a bit apprehensive because it’s been more than a year since my mum has had a trip like that. But she said she felt very comfortable coming out with us and it was a great mood enhancer for her. I can see how it will help other residents too and look forward to it being a regular thing.”
Now Balhousie Care Group will extend it to each of its 26 homes from Monday April 26, in time for Scotland’s next stage in its roadmap out of lockdown.
Sheilah Harvey, Head of Operations at Balhousie Care Group, said: “The easing of travel and socialising restrictions last weekend meant the time was right to trial out-of-home visits between residents and their relatives and friends. We’re grateful to our relatives for working with us to ensure safe and happy outings. We really hope our local communities will continue to follow Government guidelines so that all of our care home residents can confidently and safely enjoy time again outside of the homes.”
Photo caption: Sara Henderson, Balhousie Brookfield resident Jeannette Henderson (centre) and grandchildren Marc and Ana Pons Henderson enjoying their visit together in Carnoustie.
- Cancellation of The Enchanted Forest 2021
- UK Banking Industry Commits to Access to Cash
- Self-Isolation Support Grant
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Apprentice Transition Plan - Employer Information
- Meet the Buyer - Supplier Development Programme
- Business Feedback Required - Zero Waste Scotland, Green Internship Scheme
- Inspirational Young Person Award - Applications Open
- Alan Titchmarsh backs Balhousie in Bloom
- ‘Extreme’ Social Distancing Rules Risk ‘Irreparably Damaging’ Scotland’s Arts Sector
- BBC Radio 5 Live - Media Opportunity
- Scotland's GDP Grew by 2.3% in Q4 2020
- Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
- Furlough Mistakes Could Prove Costly
- Market and Festival Attendance Fund
- Queens Award for Enterprise 2022 - Applications Open
- Call for Businesses to Support India - Covid-19 Support Campaign
- Tay Cities Food and Drink Expo 2021
- TalentScotland, Business Immigration & Visa Support Service
- Scottish Elections - Party Manifesto Summary
- Marine Fund Scotland - Open Now
- Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY