Family Reunions at Balhousie
Balhousie care home residents make the most of lockdown easing with outings and family get-togethers
Residents of Balhousie Care Group are making the most of the easing of lockdown restrictions to take trips with loved ones and have family get-togethers.
With last weekend’s change of rules around travel and socialising, the award-winning care home group trialled out-of-home visits between residents and their relatives.
One of the first to enjoy the easing of restrictions was Jeannette Henderson, a resident at Balhousie Brookfield care home in Carnoustie, Angus which ran the pilot scheme. Jeannette travelled by car to her daughter Sara’s home, also in Carnoustie, where she enjoyed an afternoon in Sara’s garden with her family.
Sara said: “The visit went really well. I think we were all a bit apprehensive because it’s been more than a year since my mum has had a trip like that. But she said she felt very comfortable coming out with us and it was a great mood enhancer for her. I can see how it will help other residents too and look forward to it being a regular thing.”
Now Balhousie Care Group will extend it to each of its 26 homes from Monday April 26, in time for Scotland’s next stage in its roadmap out of lockdown.
Sheilah Harvey, Head of Operations at Balhousie Care Group, said: “The easing of travel and socialising restrictions last weekend meant the time was right to trial out-of-home visits between residents and their relatives and friends. We’re grateful to our relatives for working with us to ensure safe and happy outings. We really hope our local communities will continue to follow Government guidelines so that all of our care home residents can confidently and safely enjoy time again outside of the homes.”
Photo caption: Sara Henderson, Balhousie Brookfield resident Jeannette Henderson (centre) and grandchildren Marc and Ana Pons Henderson enjoying their visit together in Carnoustie.
- Great Perthshire Festival 2022
- Courier Awards
- VAT annual adjustments - it's time to act to ensure claims are maximised
- How to make Health & Safety a Priority for your Business
- PoP Feature: Past of Perthshire - Perth: Scenic Setting and Evolution
- UK inflation rises at fastest rate for 40 years as food costs jump
- Scottish tourism bookings down as cost-of-living crisis bites
- Second rail strike to go ahead on Thursday as talks break down
- NFU Mutual Perth Recognised for Exceptional Service and Performance
- Jane Spiers Appointed as New Chair of the National Theatre of Scotland
- Stagecoach buses and coaches ready to keep Britain on the move during rail strikes
- Methods of Payment & Letters of Credit
- Incoterms 2020
- Bank of England Briefing
- Space Suppliers Summit Glasgow
- Commuters Switching to Cars Face Record UK Petrol Prices to Fill Up
- Spirit of the Highlands and Islands Campaign Launched
- UK Faces Biggest Rail Strike In 30 Years
- Funding Update from Invest In Perth and June Bulletin
- Bank of England, Agency for Scotland Briefing, 23rd June 2022
- The latest Perth & Kinross Economic Data summary published
- Rail strike to halt 90% of ScotRail train services
- Nicola Sturgeon unveils case for Scottish independence
- Balbeggie care home worker shows off his art skills in Channel 4 reality show