Family Reunions at Balhousie
Balhousie care home residents make the most of lockdown easing with outings and family get-togethers
Residents of Balhousie Care Group are making the most of the easing of lockdown restrictions to take trips with loved ones and have family get-togethers.
With last weekend’s change of rules around travel and socialising, the award-winning care home group trialled out-of-home visits between residents and their relatives.
One of the first to enjoy the easing of restrictions was Jeannette Henderson, a resident at Balhousie Brookfield care home in Carnoustie, Angus which ran the pilot scheme. Jeannette travelled by car to her daughter Sara’s home, also in Carnoustie, where she enjoyed an afternoon in Sara’s garden with her family.
Sara said: “The visit went really well. I think we were all a bit apprehensive because it’s been more than a year since my mum has had a trip like that. But she said she felt very comfortable coming out with us and it was a great mood enhancer for her. I can see how it will help other residents too and look forward to it being a regular thing.”
Now Balhousie Care Group will extend it to each of its 26 homes from Monday April 26, in time for Scotland’s next stage in its roadmap out of lockdown.
Sheilah Harvey, Head of Operations at Balhousie Care Group, said: “The easing of travel and socialising restrictions last weekend meant the time was right to trial out-of-home visits between residents and their relatives and friends. We’re grateful to our relatives for working with us to ensure safe and happy outings. We really hope our local communities will continue to follow Government guidelines so that all of our care home residents can confidently and safely enjoy time again outside of the homes.”
Photo caption: Sara Henderson, Balhousie Brookfield resident Jeannette Henderson (centre) and grandchildren Marc and Ana Pons Henderson enjoying their visit together in Carnoustie.
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions