Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
Scotland's pioneering sound and light show, The Enchanted Forest, is reaching for the stars this October with an exciting new installation, the Geodome, a spectacular 360° immersive experience.
The 2019 show, entitled Cosmos, takes its inspiration from the vastness and natural beauty of the skies that sit above the forest. Whilst visitors will be able to enjoy the security and familiarity of their forest surroundings, the show will encourage visitors to sense the awe and wonderment of the looking up to the sky through the tree canopy and be captivated by the cosmos.
It's in this spirit that The Enchanted Forest is introducing the Geodome. The Geodome is a 7m inflatable projection dome, accommodating approximately 60 people per showing. A completely immersive experience, it gives those within it the impression they are flying through the Cosmos. The whole experience lasts for five minutes.
Bringing this new creative feature to the show this year is Immersive Experiences, a company founded by entrepreneurs with a passion for astronomy. Immersive Experiences is a multi-award-winning provider of learning experiences across the UK's largest fleet of mobile planetariums, drones, VR and sensory rooms.
Now in its 18 year, The Enchanted Forest prides itself on trailblazing the creative bar in sound and light shows internationally with a changing theme each year and a host of new creative talent and installations. This year, in addition to Immersive Experiences, several companies will be involved in helping the team deliver another outstanding event.
Novak, a specialist in motion design, will once again be lending its expertise to the show and providing video content. EventFX will be providing pyrotechnics expertise, alongside Airstar, a world leader in designing and producing inflatable technologies. Ray Interactive and Bespoke Lighting and Video will also be involved, and Definitive Special Projects will be creating a beautiful laser show.
Set against the stunning natural backdrop of Faskally Wood, organisers The Enchanted Forest Community Trust use of some of the world's premier creative talents, many of whom are based in Scotland, to produce a world-class show. Zoë Squair has returned as creative producer, alongside Kate Bonney and Simon Hayes as lighting designers, and RJ McConnell, Jon Beales and Rachel Cullen providing sound design and composition for this year's magical event. This year visitors can expect a dynamic, contemplative walk through the wood unlike anything experienced at The Enchanted Forest before.
Ian Sim, Chairman of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust, said: "The exciting thing about The Enchanted Forest is that the theme changes every year and we are constantly raising the bar in terms of what is possible. Although this brings its own challenges, the team relish this kind of creative challenge and work collaboratively to deliver what is going to be a truly unique and, literally, an ‘out of this world' experience.
"Thirty years after man stepped on the moon for the very first time, we promise this year will be a delight, particularly for those with a fascination with space and astronomy. We are really pleased to be collaborating with Immersive Experiences for this year's show. For those returning to The Enchanted Forest show we can guarantee new and exciting experiences!"
This year's Enchanted Forest will run from 3 October - 3 November 2019.
For more information visit www.enchantedforest.org.uk
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions