Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
Scotland's pioneering sound and light show, The Enchanted Forest, is reaching for the stars this October with an exciting new installation, the Geodome, a spectacular 360° immersive experience.
The 2019 show, entitled Cosmos, takes its inspiration from the vastness and natural beauty of the skies that sit above the forest. Whilst visitors will be able to enjoy the security and familiarity of their forest surroundings, the show will encourage visitors to sense the awe and wonderment of the looking up to the sky through the tree canopy and be captivated by the cosmos.
It's in this spirit that The Enchanted Forest is introducing the Geodome. The Geodome is a 7m inflatable projection dome, accommodating approximately 60 people per showing. A completely immersive experience, it gives those within it the impression they are flying through the Cosmos. The whole experience lasts for five minutes.
Bringing this new creative feature to the show this year is Immersive Experiences, a company founded by entrepreneurs with a passion for astronomy. Immersive Experiences is a multi-award-winning provider of learning experiences across the UK's largest fleet of mobile planetariums, drones, VR and sensory rooms.
Now in its 18 year, The Enchanted Forest prides itself on trailblazing the creative bar in sound and light shows internationally with a changing theme each year and a host of new creative talent and installations. This year, in addition to Immersive Experiences, several companies will be involved in helping the team deliver another outstanding event.
Novak, a specialist in motion design, will once again be lending its expertise to the show and providing video content. EventFX will be providing pyrotechnics expertise, alongside Airstar, a world leader in designing and producing inflatable technologies. Ray Interactive and Bespoke Lighting and Video will also be involved, and Definitive Special Projects will be creating a beautiful laser show.
Set against the stunning natural backdrop of Faskally Wood, organisers The Enchanted Forest Community Trust use of some of the world's premier creative talents, many of whom are based in Scotland, to produce a world-class show. Zoë Squair has returned as creative producer, alongside Kate Bonney and Simon Hayes as lighting designers, and RJ McConnell, Jon Beales and Rachel Cullen providing sound design and composition for this year's magical event. This year visitors can expect a dynamic, contemplative walk through the wood unlike anything experienced at The Enchanted Forest before.
Ian Sim, Chairman of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust, said: "The exciting thing about The Enchanted Forest is that the theme changes every year and we are constantly raising the bar in terms of what is possible. Although this brings its own challenges, the team relish this kind of creative challenge and work collaboratively to deliver what is going to be a truly unique and, literally, an ‘out of this world' experience.
"Thirty years after man stepped on the moon for the very first time, we promise this year will be a delight, particularly for those with a fascination with space and astronomy. We are really pleased to be collaborating with Immersive Experiences for this year's show. For those returning to The Enchanted Forest show we can guarantee new and exciting experiences!"
This year's Enchanted Forest will run from 3 October - 3 November 2019.
For more information visit www.enchantedforest.org.uk
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business