Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
The Enchanted Forest, Scotland's premier sound and light and show, has joined forces with Pitlochry High School to donate special backpacks to children receiving Mary's Meals.
When members of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust heard that a group of pupils were collecting items to fill school bags to be sent to children in Malawi, they were quick to offer special Enchanted Forest t-shirts to be included in the donations.
The team of Primary 5 pupils from Mrs Cardew's class at the Highland Perthshire school have, with help from Den @ Heartland Kids' Club Breakfast Supervisor Judith Dingwall, sent a total of 55 complete backpacks to Mary's Meals Backpack Project.
Each backpack includes notepads, pencils and other stationery, cutlery, a toothbrush and clothing as well as various other essentials to help children get the most out of their lessons at school.
The Enchanted Forest Community Trust has been delighted to have been able to contribute to the project and support the efforts of local children to help children less fortunate get the most out of their schooling.
Ian Sim, Chairman of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust, said:
"It is difficult to imagine not having access to basic school items like such as pencils and paper, so we are proud to have been able to help Mrs Cardew's Primary 5 class at Pitlochry High School support Mary's Meals Backpack Project. We hope the backpacks will help the children they reach enjoy their school experiences to the full."
Frank Nelson, Head of Fundraising at Mary's Meals, said:
"We're so grateful to the children of Pitlochry High School and the Enchanted Forest for supporting The Backpack Project. So many of the children who receive Mary's Meals in Malawi come to school without the basic tools for learning. Giving the children a backpack full of educational items enables them to get the most out of their education."
This year's Enchanted Forest will run from October 3 - November, 2019 and tickets are now on sale.
For more information visit www.enchantedforest.org.uk
- New report from Stagecoach sets out pathway to attracting over one million new passengers to the UK's bus networks through the switch to Zero Emission Buses
- Gillespie Macandrew celebrates nine internal promotions
- Budget adds more incentives to encourage growth
- First Minister's Statement to Parliament - 30th March 2022
- Scottish Government Update - 21st March 2022
- Action plan published to identify new markets and opportunities for tech sector
- £4 million investment announced for Scotland’s islands
- Most of Scotland's Covid restrictions end
- Events Industry Support Fund 3 - Event Recovery
- Scheme opens for displaced Ukrainians
- Azets urges SMEs to access RLS and 130% tax relief before June deadline
- The First Minister's Statement to Parliament - 15th March
- UK announces new economic sanctions against Russia
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Test and Protect - transition plan
- Help to Grow Management at Strathclyde Business School
- 1.8 million adults in Scotland have seen finances worsen during pandemic
- Business leaders back apprenticeships for economic recovery
- Warning UK faces biggest income squeeze in nearly 50 years
- Higher energy bills 'almost inevitable' says Ofgem
- Outbound Travel Agents Support Fund
- Cost of filling diesel family car hits record £90
- UK to phase out Russian oil imports by the end of the year
- UK Export Academy
- Kilmac ensuring the preservation of jobs