Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
The Enchanted Forest, Scotland's premier sound and light and show, has joined forces with Pitlochry High School to donate special backpacks to children receiving Mary's Meals.
When members of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust heard that a group of pupils were collecting items to fill school bags to be sent to children in Malawi, they were quick to offer special Enchanted Forest t-shirts to be included in the donations.
The team of Primary 5 pupils from Mrs Cardew's class at the Highland Perthshire school have, with help from Den @ Heartland Kids' Club Breakfast Supervisor Judith Dingwall, sent a total of 55 complete backpacks to Mary's Meals Backpack Project.
Each backpack includes notepads, pencils and other stationery, cutlery, a toothbrush and clothing as well as various other essentials to help children get the most out of their lessons at school.
The Enchanted Forest Community Trust has been delighted to have been able to contribute to the project and support the efforts of local children to help children less fortunate get the most out of their schooling.
Ian Sim, Chairman of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust, said:
"It is difficult to imagine not having access to basic school items like such as pencils and paper, so we are proud to have been able to help Mrs Cardew's Primary 5 class at Pitlochry High School support Mary's Meals Backpack Project. We hope the backpacks will help the children they reach enjoy their school experiences to the full."
Frank Nelson, Head of Fundraising at Mary's Meals, said:
"We're so grateful to the children of Pitlochry High School and the Enchanted Forest for supporting The Backpack Project. So many of the children who receive Mary's Meals in Malawi come to school without the basic tools for learning. Giving the children a backpack full of educational items enables them to get the most out of their education."
This year's Enchanted Forest will run from October 3 - November, 2019 and tickets are now on sale.
For more information visit www.enchantedforest.org.uk
- Kickstart for Aaron
- Hotel Group Partners With Respitality Scotland
- Bank of Scotland Academy Has Launched
- Grey Matters, The Company Creation Programme
- Aircraft Decommissioning Pathway
- New Managing Partner at Thorntons
- UK set for stronger post-Covid recovery, says OECD
- Deadline to Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme - 30th June
- VisitScotland Destination and Sector Marketing Fund - Applications Open
- Macnabs Will Aid Initiative Raises over £8000 for Charity
- First Minister Sets Out Priorities For Government
- Open for Business Fund - Perth & Kinross Council
- UK Government announces £167 million green technologies boost
- Phased Return to Non-Essential Offices - Draft Guidance
- Space launches from UK to start in 2022
- £3.75 million to improve rural connectivity
- Scotland’s response to the COVID-19 crisis in India
- Charity Trustees Should Not Be Afraid of Acting in Good Faith
- Coronavirus: Discretionary fund - closing soon!
- New Micro Enterprise Fund
- Macnabs: Loving you to the moon and back means making a Will and protecting those who depend on you financially
- New fund to tackle poverty and trauma in Scotland
- Cancellation of The Enchanted Forest 2021
- UK Banking Industry Commits to Access to Cash