Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
The Enchanted Forest, Scotland's premier sound and light and show, has joined forces with Pitlochry High School to donate special backpacks to children receiving Mary's Meals.
When members of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust heard that a group of pupils were collecting items to fill school bags to be sent to children in Malawi, they were quick to offer special Enchanted Forest t-shirts to be included in the donations.
The team of Primary 5 pupils from Mrs Cardew's class at the Highland Perthshire school have, with help from Den @ Heartland Kids' Club Breakfast Supervisor Judith Dingwall, sent a total of 55 complete backpacks to Mary's Meals Backpack Project.
Each backpack includes notepads, pencils and other stationery, cutlery, a toothbrush and clothing as well as various other essentials to help children get the most out of their lessons at school.
The Enchanted Forest Community Trust has been delighted to have been able to contribute to the project and support the efforts of local children to help children less fortunate get the most out of their schooling.
Ian Sim, Chairman of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust, said:
"It is difficult to imagine not having access to basic school items like such as pencils and paper, so we are proud to have been able to help Mrs Cardew's Primary 5 class at Pitlochry High School support Mary's Meals Backpack Project. We hope the backpacks will help the children they reach enjoy their school experiences to the full."
Frank Nelson, Head of Fundraising at Mary's Meals, said:
"We're so grateful to the children of Pitlochry High School and the Enchanted Forest for supporting The Backpack Project. So many of the children who receive Mary's Meals in Malawi come to school without the basic tools for learning. Giving the children a backpack full of educational items enables them to get the most out of their education."
This year's Enchanted Forest will run from October 3 - November, 2019 and tickets are now on sale.
For more information visit www.enchantedforest.org.uk
- Outbound Travel Agents Support Fund
- Cost of filling diesel family car hits record £90
- UK to phase out Russian oil imports by the end of the year
- UK Export Academy
- Kilmac ensuring the preservation of jobs
- ACS Aviation Pilot Careers and Flight Training Semimar
- Spirit of Perthshire
- Developer and operator appointed for Perthshire Energy from Waste facility
- Graduate Apprentice Christian Williams from Perth is spearheading his employer's drive to Net Zero and helping its clients achieve their sustainability ambitions
- SCC Network Update - Trade with Ukraine, Russia & Belarus
- PERTH businessman John Bryden has won his appeal to the Scottish Government to access Nightclub Closure Fund support
- End of landlord restrictions on unpaid rent could trigger commercial tenant failures
- Scotland's National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Inflation sends UK debt interest payments higher
- All legal restrictions to end on 21 March in Scotland
- Scottish Apprenticeship Week 2022 - Webinars
- Menopause Q&A Session
- The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant in Crieff, Scotland, Awarded a Michelin Star
- Scottish Government – Strategic Framework Update - and SCC comment
- Keep Scotland Beautiful
- Digital Boost Development Grant - further funding available
- Scottish Chamber of Commerce comment on Workplace Parking Levy
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 08 February 2022
- EU Citizens in Scotland campaign