Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
The Enchanted Forest, Scotland's premier sound and light and show, has joined forces with Pitlochry High School to donate special backpacks to children receiving Mary's Meals.
When members of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust heard that a group of pupils were collecting items to fill school bags to be sent to children in Malawi, they were quick to offer special Enchanted Forest t-shirts to be included in the donations.
The team of Primary 5 pupils from Mrs Cardew's class at the Highland Perthshire school have, with help from Den @ Heartland Kids' Club Breakfast Supervisor Judith Dingwall, sent a total of 55 complete backpacks to Mary's Meals Backpack Project.
Each backpack includes notepads, pencils and other stationery, cutlery, a toothbrush and clothing as well as various other essentials to help children get the most out of their lessons at school.
The Enchanted Forest Community Trust has been delighted to have been able to contribute to the project and support the efforts of local children to help children less fortunate get the most out of their schooling.
Ian Sim, Chairman of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust, said:
"It is difficult to imagine not having access to basic school items like such as pencils and paper, so we are proud to have been able to help Mrs Cardew's Primary 5 class at Pitlochry High School support Mary's Meals Backpack Project. We hope the backpacks will help the children they reach enjoy their school experiences to the full."
Frank Nelson, Head of Fundraising at Mary's Meals, said:
"We're so grateful to the children of Pitlochry High School and the Enchanted Forest for supporting The Backpack Project. So many of the children who receive Mary's Meals in Malawi come to school without the basic tools for learning. Giving the children a backpack full of educational items enables them to get the most out of their education."
This year's Enchanted Forest will run from October 3 - November, 2019 and tickets are now on sale.
For more information visit www.enchantedforest.org.uk
- Rental market at its ‘most competitive’ ever
- Support for fishing and coastal communities
- Public encouraged to take part in National Parks consultation
- Global Business Dinner to showcase the best of Scotland
- Travelknowhow Scotland are delighted to be able to extend their FREE consultancy support package throughout 2022/23
- It’s the people of Perth’s chance to have their say on BBC Debate Night
- New Digital Skills Academy - applications open
- Perth Festival of the Arts
- Auto Services Perth Ltd sponsor Perth Racecourse for the 2022 season
- Electric models drive second-hand car sales higher
- Morrisons rescues McColl's taking on all 16,000 staff
- Inflationary pressure poses huge risk to Scottish businesses
- Focus on tackling the cost of living in Queen's Speech
- New UK sanctions for Russia and Belarus
- UK Capital Allowance Regime - Consultation
- Additional £4 million for the Young Person’s Guarantee
- Latest FPMC funding round announced
- SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Survey Q2 2022
- Azets global SME leaders growth conference - 12th May
- SMEs likely to be hit hardest with interest rate rise
- GS Group boosts Dundee presence
- New Head of Sustainability for Bidwells
- Gillespie Macandrew bolsters planning team with the appointment of Sandy Telfer
- Scotland 5GCentre Innovation Challenge Live