Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
The Enchanted Forest, Scotland's premier sound and light and show, has joined forces with Pitlochry High School to donate special backpacks to children receiving Mary's Meals.
When members of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust heard that a group of pupils were collecting items to fill school bags to be sent to children in Malawi, they were quick to offer special Enchanted Forest t-shirts to be included in the donations.
The team of Primary 5 pupils from Mrs Cardew's class at the Highland Perthshire school have, with help from Den @ Heartland Kids' Club Breakfast Supervisor Judith Dingwall, sent a total of 55 complete backpacks to Mary's Meals Backpack Project.
Each backpack includes notepads, pencils and other stationery, cutlery, a toothbrush and clothing as well as various other essentials to help children get the most out of their lessons at school.
The Enchanted Forest Community Trust has been delighted to have been able to contribute to the project and support the efforts of local children to help children less fortunate get the most out of their schooling.
Ian Sim, Chairman of The Enchanted Forest Community Trust, said:
"It is difficult to imagine not having access to basic school items like such as pencils and paper, so we are proud to have been able to help Mrs Cardew's Primary 5 class at Pitlochry High School support Mary's Meals Backpack Project. We hope the backpacks will help the children they reach enjoy their school experiences to the full."
Frank Nelson, Head of Fundraising at Mary's Meals, said:
"We're so grateful to the children of Pitlochry High School and the Enchanted Forest for supporting The Backpack Project. So many of the children who receive Mary's Meals in Malawi come to school without the basic tools for learning. Giving the children a backpack full of educational items enables them to get the most out of their education."
This year's Enchanted Forest will run from October 3 - November, 2019 and tickets are now on sale.
For more information visit www.enchantedforest.org.uk
- Removal of pre-departure test requirement for travel to Scotland
- Scottish Self-isolation Period Cut to Seven Days
- Electric car sales soar, but chip shortage hits market
- HMRC: Self-Assessment taxpayers given more time to ease COVID-19 pressures
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 06 January 2022
- The Guildry Incorporation of Perth Support Potential
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 05 January 2022
- December and January Business Support Top Up
- Additional funds for organisations and freelancers
- Perth Published Book "If Rivers Could Sing" Shortlisted for National Award
- Minister visits Perth College UHI
- Possible Estate Agent Scoops UK Award
- First Minister's Covid-19 update - 21.12.2021 - Key points, and the SCC response
- Covid: Chancellor announces £1bn fund for businesses
- Charity Trustee Opportunity with PKCT
- COVID-19 update by the First Minister to the Scottish Parliament
- New Bidwells' Senior and Deputy Senior Partners taking the reins after record year of investment
- Latest COVID-19 guidance outlined by the First Minister
- Strategic Development Plan Perth College UHI
- SCC Respond to the Scottish Budget for 2022-23
- £50,000 to boost business-academic inward investment
- SCC call for the Scottish Government to deliver a Budget for Business Growth
- Balhousie Care Group partners with award-winning social enterprise to boost its activities programme
- Elizabeth continues her baking and cooking skills at Blairgowrie care home