Employment Changes April 2020
Employment law changes coming into force in April 2020.
The current focus of our recent blogs has unavoidably been on the various employment law issues stemming from the current pandemic. There are a number of changes to employment law scheduled to come into force on 6 April 2020. Note that one of these (the extension of IR35) has now been pushed back to April 2021 owing to recent events. Many of the reforms stem from the Good Work Plan (GWP) which was published by the government in December 2018.
From 6 April 2020 all agency work-seekers must be provided with a key facts statement setting out the terms under which they will undertake the work. This duty rests with the agency as opposed to the end user.
Changes to holiday pay reference period
Changes to Employment Contracts
National Minimum Wage
Parental bereavement leave and pay
The leave will be paid at the same statutory rate as other family friendly rights provided the employee has 26 weeks’ service.
Information and Consultation changes
The regulations apply to businesses with 50 or more employees in the UK, and the changes are being introduced under the GWP.
As always, the Blackadders Employment Team are on hand if you need advice on any of these changes. Thanks to Fiona Knox, our Trainee Solicitor, for input into this article.
Jack Boyle, Director
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 4th December 2020
- Perth College UHI: New Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) allows SMEs to access up to £5,000 worth of training
- Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust - A Valuable Local Asset for All
- Circular Tayside : November 2020 Newsletter
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Circular Tayside: Check out this inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s!
- Scottish Government Daily Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Scottish Government Daily Monday 30th December 2020
- Inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s
- Salutation Hotel Festive Lunch & Dinner Specials
- PRI Cheque Presentation in Memory of Businessman Jim Graham
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 26th Nov 2020
- Meet Artist Gerard Burns Invitation from Carbon
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Wednesday 25th November 2020
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards