Employment Changes April 2020
Employment law changes coming into force in April 2020.
The current focus of our recent blogs has unavoidably been on the various employment law issues stemming from the current pandemic. There are a number of changes to employment law scheduled to come into force on 6 April 2020. Note that one of these (the extension of IR35) has now been pushed back to April 2021 owing to recent events. Many of the reforms stem from the Good Work Plan (GWP) which was published by the government in December 2018.
From 6 April 2020 all agency work-seekers must be provided with a key facts statement setting out the terms under which they will undertake the work. This duty rests with the agency as opposed to the end user.
Changes to holiday pay reference period
Changes to Employment Contracts
National Minimum Wage
Parental bereavement leave and pay
The leave will be paid at the same statutory rate as other family friendly rights provided the employee has 26 weeks’ service.
Information and Consultation changes
The regulations apply to businesses with 50 or more employees in the UK, and the changes are being introduced under the GWP.
As always, the Blackadders Employment Team are on hand if you need advice on any of these changes. Thanks to Fiona Knox, our Trainee Solicitor, for input into this article.
Jack Boyle, Director
- Circular Tayside - Free Zero Waste Webiner
- Business Resilience, Insurance and Claims Advice
- Support for Self Employed
- Covid-19: Guidance for parents who share care of their children
- Coronavirus Pandemic – Do you still have to carry out your contracts?
- UK Government Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Perthshire school donates tablet devices to local care home to help residents keep in touch with loved ones
- Thorntons Advice for Small Businesses
- Financial Support Schemes for Businesses - Covid-19
- Free Information Sharing Opportunities with DC Thomson Media
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 7
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 6
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 5
- Employment Changes April 2020
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 4
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 2
- • Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 1
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 3
- Covid-19 Market Update 16th March 2020
- Remote Working : Covid-19 / Corona Virus
- Chamber Network Update - Coronavirus
- Absent staff showing Coronavirus symptoms should be paid full wage’ urges Scots employment lawyer
- Scone Palace & Estates appoints a new Chief Executive
- PCC: International Trade Survey 2020 Q1