Employment Changes April 2020
Employment law changes coming into force in April 2020.
The current focus of our recent blogs has unavoidably been on the various employment law issues stemming from the current pandemic. There are a number of changes to employment law scheduled to come into force on 6 April 2020. Note that one of these (the extension of IR35) has now been pushed back to April 2021 owing to recent events. Many of the reforms stem from the Good Work Plan (GWP) which was published by the government in December 2018.
From 6 April 2020 all agency work-seekers must be provided with a key facts statement setting out the terms under which they will undertake the work. This duty rests with the agency as opposed to the end user.
Changes to holiday pay reference period
Changes to Employment Contracts
National Minimum Wage
Parental bereavement leave and pay
The leave will be paid at the same statutory rate as other family friendly rights provided the employee has 26 weeks’ service.
Information and Consultation changes
The regulations apply to businesses with 50 or more employees in the UK, and the changes are being introduced under the GWP.
As always, the Blackadders Employment Team are on hand if you need advice on any of these changes. Thanks to Fiona Knox, our Trainee Solicitor, for input into this article.
Jack Boyle, Director
- Sustainable Innovation Fund Round 2 is now open!
- Balhousie Care Group begins phased re-opening of homes to garden visits for loved ones
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Top Industry Awards
- Gleneagles to Welcome Guests from 15 July, 2020
- Zero Waste Scotland launches food redistribution matchmaking service
- Meet George, 98 Years Young and Still Learning
- Balhousie Care Group is #GladtoCare as national awareness week “shines a light on the care industry’s incredible work”
- Covid-19 Business Recovery: "Green Investment is the way to go" wrap-up
- Circular Tayside: Chat with Kevin Frediani, Dundee University Botanic Garden
- REMAKE in Crieff gets £57k funding to support local community
- Circular Tayside - Second Ambassador Meeting
- A new chapter for Balhousie North Inch Grove as it introduces two new managers
- Zero Waste Scotland Event - Sustainable Renovation in Practice - 22 July 2020
- Thorntons Estate Agency gears up for viewings as waiting list grows
- D C Thomson Media launches Back to Business
- Covid-19 business recovery: Green investment is the way to go by Circular Tayside
- 'Artist-in-Resident' Gordon brings his creativity to Perthshire Care Home
- Balhousie Care Group Buries Time Capsule for Future Generations to Learn About People's Experiences During Coronavirus Crisis
- Upskill with short, no cost course on Digital Marketing
- “Chat with Circular Tayside” with John Ross, Kinross Wooden Products
- Scottish Government: £20k-£80k "Designing Sustainable Plastic Solutions" Funding Competition
- Balhousie Care Group Introduce Thermal Imaging Cameras to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
- New "Chat with Circular Tayside" Series
- Perth and Kinross Residents Invited to Travel the World with Live Active Leisure