Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
Full service Scottish legal firm Thorntons has appointed Heather Auld as a Senior Solicitor and Rebecca Ellwood as Solicitor in its Land and Rural Business team.
Heather Auld, originally from Pittenweem, joins Thorntons’ team in Cupar and brings her extensive experience in property law and conveyancing.
A ski enthusiast and keen horse rider, Heather qualified in 2008. She takes great pride in helping individuals achieve their goals by guiding them through what is often a stressful period with as little legal jargon as possible.
Heather said: “Having gained experience in all aspects of residential property law, including many rural properties, and having grown up in a fishing and farming community, I decided to specialise in property law dealing with rural property, agriculture and estates. This has brought me to Thorntons and I’m looking forward to getting work underway here liaising with new clients in Cupar.”
Thorntons’ other latest recruit, Rebecca Ellwood from Perth, studied at Edinburgh University before completing her diploma at Dundee University. Following five years at Macnabs Solicitors, Rebecca joins Thorntons as a solicitor in its Perth land and rural business team.
Rebecca has a strong background in residential property and can advise clients on various aspects including purchases, sales, re-mortgages, leasing, voluntary registration, development plot sites and security work.
Susan Duff, Land and Rural Business Partner at Thorntons, said: “We’re pleased to welcome these additions to our land and rural business teams in Cupar and Perth. I’m sure they will be real assets for our clients and colleagues at both offices.”
L-R: Rebecca Ellwood, Susan Duff, Heather Auld
- SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
- The Enchanted Forest featured in leading guide book series
- Are Ubers drivers considered to be workers?
- GP Sustainability Loan Fund
- The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- Brexit Update
- STAGECOACH BOOSTS PERTHSHIRE INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES BY GETTING ON BOARD WITH MI REWARDS INITIATIVE
- There’s still time to top-up your State Pension
- Government proposals to extend legal protections for pregnant women and new mothers
- Thorntons Employment Law Update
- TEMPERATURES RISE AS BUSINESSES TACKLE THE MENOPAUSE AT WORK
- ARCHIE FOUNDATION SPRING BALL TABLES AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Record £62k sum raised for Cash for Kids
- University of Dundee to provide new Graduate Apprenticeship opportunities
- POLITICAL UNCERTAINTY AND COST PRESSURES TAKING TOLL ON SCOTTISH ECONOMY
- Scone Palace going to the dogs for a day as it launches exclusive four-legged event
- Castle Water agrees new four-year finance facilities
- ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure
- Cupid’s arrow in the workplace By Donna Reynolds, Partner, Employment Law, Blackadders LLP
- Brexit Support
- Match funding available for businesses culture partnerships
- Binn Group provide mental health support for male-dominated workforce
- Judge me not for my convictions