Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
Full service Scottish legal firm Thorntons has appointed Heather Auld as a Senior Solicitor and Rebecca Ellwood as Solicitor in its Land and Rural Business team.
Heather Auld, originally from Pittenweem, joins Thorntons’ team in Cupar and brings her extensive experience in property law and conveyancing.
A ski enthusiast and keen horse rider, Heather qualified in 2008. She takes great pride in helping individuals achieve their goals by guiding them through what is often a stressful period with as little legal jargon as possible.
Heather said: “Having gained experience in all aspects of residential property law, including many rural properties, and having grown up in a fishing and farming community, I decided to specialise in property law dealing with rural property, agriculture and estates. This has brought me to Thorntons and I’m looking forward to getting work underway here liaising with new clients in Cupar.”
Thorntons’ other latest recruit, Rebecca Ellwood from Perth, studied at Edinburgh University before completing her diploma at Dundee University. Following five years at Macnabs Solicitors, Rebecca joins Thorntons as a solicitor in its Perth land and rural business team.
Rebecca has a strong background in residential property and can advise clients on various aspects including purchases, sales, re-mortgages, leasing, voluntary registration, development plot sites and security work.
Susan Duff, Land and Rural Business Partner at Thorntons, said: “We’re pleased to welcome these additions to our land and rural business teams in Cupar and Perth. I’m sure they will be real assets for our clients and colleagues at both offices.”
L-R: Rebecca Ellwood, Susan Duff, Heather Auld
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions