Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
Full service Scottish legal firm Thorntons has appointed Heather Auld as a Senior Solicitor and Rebecca Ellwood as Solicitor in its Land and Rural Business team.
Heather Auld, originally from Pittenweem, joins Thorntons’ team in Cupar and brings her extensive experience in property law and conveyancing.
A ski enthusiast and keen horse rider, Heather qualified in 2008. She takes great pride in helping individuals achieve their goals by guiding them through what is often a stressful period with as little legal jargon as possible.
Heather said: “Having gained experience in all aspects of residential property law, including many rural properties, and having grown up in a fishing and farming community, I decided to specialise in property law dealing with rural property, agriculture and estates. This has brought me to Thorntons and I’m looking forward to getting work underway here liaising with new clients in Cupar.”
Thorntons’ other latest recruit, Rebecca Ellwood from Perth, studied at Edinburgh University before completing her diploma at Dundee University. Following five years at Macnabs Solicitors, Rebecca joins Thorntons as a solicitor in its Perth land and rural business team.
Rebecca has a strong background in residential property and can advise clients on various aspects including purchases, sales, re-mortgages, leasing, voluntary registration, development plot sites and security work.
Susan Duff, Land and Rural Business Partner at Thorntons, said: “We’re pleased to welcome these additions to our land and rural business teams in Cupar and Perth. I’m sure they will be real assets for our clients and colleagues at both offices.”
L-R: Rebecca Ellwood, Susan Duff, Heather Auld
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross
- Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
- Balhousie Care Group takes inter-generational links to new ‘lengths’ – in the form of a unique tartan
- It's Game On as this year's Scottish Game Fair kicks off at Scone Palace
- Bank of Scotland names new head of commercial banking
- Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
- Scottish businesses struggling to grow amidst Brexit deadlock
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launches
- Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
- Castle Water wins fourth multi-million-pound deal with the public sector in England
- Amanda Sword joins Balhousie Coupar Angus as new care home manager
- Stagecoach East Scotland supports 2019 Armed Forces Day with free travel
- Miller Hendry warns against not seeking advice early doors when selling a business
- Year two of the GDPR marks the end of basic compliance
- Tickets for The Enchanted Forest 2019 go on sale today for a starry spectacle this autumn