Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
Full service Scottish legal firm Thorntons has appointed Heather Auld as a Senior Solicitor and Rebecca Ellwood as Solicitor in its Land and Rural Business team.
Heather Auld, originally from Pittenweem, joins Thorntons’ team in Cupar and brings her extensive experience in property law and conveyancing.
A ski enthusiast and keen horse rider, Heather qualified in 2008. She takes great pride in helping individuals achieve their goals by guiding them through what is often a stressful period with as little legal jargon as possible.
Heather said: “Having gained experience in all aspects of residential property law, including many rural properties, and having grown up in a fishing and farming community, I decided to specialise in property law dealing with rural property, agriculture and estates. This has brought me to Thorntons and I’m looking forward to getting work underway here liaising with new clients in Cupar.”
Thorntons’ other latest recruit, Rebecca Ellwood from Perth, studied at Edinburgh University before completing her diploma at Dundee University. Following five years at Macnabs Solicitors, Rebecca joins Thorntons as a solicitor in its Perth land and rural business team.
Rebecca has a strong background in residential property and can advise clients on various aspects including purchases, sales, re-mortgages, leasing, voluntary registration, development plot sites and security work.
Susan Duff, Land and Rural Business Partner at Thorntons, said: “We’re pleased to welcome these additions to our land and rural business teams in Cupar and Perth. I’m sure they will be real assets for our clients and colleagues at both offices.”
L-R: Rebecca Ellwood, Susan Duff, Heather Auld
- Rowan Consultancy fundraising news
- Latest VisitScotland/Business Gateway Digital Webinars
- Sustainable sleeping: Crieff Hydro introduces new eco bedding
- Catering to Celebrancy via Covid
- Guildry Want to Get Behind Local Apprenticeships
- Microsoft Office Excel: Intermediate Level Full Details and Booking
- Strategic Transport Projects Review or STPR2 - Scottish Government Recommendations
- Unlocking tax savings through capital allowances
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 18 January 2022
- Professional sport allocated £2.55 million of COVID support
- France to relax travel rules from the UK
- Covid self-isolation in England being cut to five full days
- Scottish business leaders target USA for first in-person trade missions since pandemic began
- Google will spend £730m to 'reinvigorate' its UK offices
- UK economy above pre-Covid levels in November
- COVID 19 Business Support and Continuity Tourism Fund
- SCC: Economic recovery at risk as COVID concerns curtail business growth
- Taxi and Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund 2022
- Nightclub Closure Fund
- Crowd restrictions lifted for outdoor events
- ScotWind offshore auction raises £700m
- Introduction to Excel Full Details and Booking
- The DigitalBoost Development Grant has reopened
- Perth event is designed to support the recovery of tourism businesses