Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
Full service Scottish legal firm Thorntons has appointed Heather Auld as a Senior Solicitor and Rebecca Ellwood as Solicitor in its Land and Rural Business team.
Heather Auld, originally from Pittenweem, joins Thorntons’ team in Cupar and brings her extensive experience in property law and conveyancing.
A ski enthusiast and keen horse rider, Heather qualified in 2008. She takes great pride in helping individuals achieve their goals by guiding them through what is often a stressful period with as little legal jargon as possible.
Heather said: “Having gained experience in all aspects of residential property law, including many rural properties, and having grown up in a fishing and farming community, I decided to specialise in property law dealing with rural property, agriculture and estates. This has brought me to Thorntons and I’m looking forward to getting work underway here liaising with new clients in Cupar.”
Thorntons’ other latest recruit, Rebecca Ellwood from Perth, studied at Edinburgh University before completing her diploma at Dundee University. Following five years at Macnabs Solicitors, Rebecca joins Thorntons as a solicitor in its Perth land and rural business team.
Rebecca has a strong background in residential property and can advise clients on various aspects including purchases, sales, re-mortgages, leasing, voluntary registration, development plot sites and security work.
Susan Duff, Land and Rural Business Partner at Thorntons, said: “We’re pleased to welcome these additions to our land and rural business teams in Cupar and Perth. I’m sure they will be real assets for our clients and colleagues at both offices.”
L-R: Rebecca Ellwood, Susan Duff, Heather Auld
- Gillespie Macandrew appoints legal heavyweight Michael Shaw as chair
- Hydropower Insight
- SCC Annual Business Address - 15th September 2022
- Bin workers at 15 Scottish councils to strike in pay dispute
- Ministers to meet energy giants over cost of living
- RECESSIONARY WINDS AFFLICT CONSTRUCTION SECTOR
- Bank of England to Host Webinar 18 August
- Scottish hotel group renews support for unpaid carers through Respitality initiative
- Honours in Perth and Kinross
- Blackadders LLP Announces Leadership Changes
- Binn Group recognised as Real Living Wage employer
- Bidwells leading the charge with four senior Renewable Energy hires
- Cash withdrawals in the UK soar as people grapple with the rising cost of living
- Firms urge Tory rivals Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss to act now to protect Scots jobs
- ScottishPower to build £150m green hydrogen plant at Port of Felixstowe
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce & Business Groups back youngsters ahead of results day
- Rosebank projected to provide £6.3 billion of investment to the UK
- Breaking: Felixstowe port workers to strike for eight days from August
- Bank of England warns the UK will fall into recession this year
- UK new car sales fell 9% in July as supply chain problems continue
- Energy bills to change every three months to avoid price shocks
- Liz Cameron: Next Prime Minister must put UK economic growth at heart of agenda
- UK interest rates see biggest rise in 27 years
- Training to help safeguard organisations from cyber attacks