Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery ‘goes public’ with its Secret Bar
Bookings now available for corporate guests to experience modern take on speakeasy featuring DEWAR’S® portfolio of brands
Five star visitor attraction Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery has opened the doors of its exclusive Secret Bar to corporate bookings for the first time.
Previously only open to VIP influencers, corporate visitors can now experience the Secret Bar, which is hidden in a corner of the Highland distillery’s historic warehouse space.
A shrine to Tommy Dewar, one of the company’s founding fathers, the Secret Bar is the ideal location for an incentive group seeking inspiration, fun and a unique experience. The venue is a modern take on the speakeasy, featuring concrete floors, atmospheric lighting, games and artwork inspired by the DEWAR’S story.
Typically used in conjunction with the beautifully restored Whisky Lounge in the main visitor experience, the Secret Bar enhances events when used for a short whisky tasting or cocktail workshop, with the ‘big reveal’ of the space proving a highly memorable moment.
The Secret Bar is just one facet of the growingly popular corporate and private events offering at the distillery. The unique venue, situated in the Highlands, yet within reach of Scotland’s main cities, has seen a 50% increase in corporate bookings in 2018, led by exclusive hire private dining events and day meetings. Private dining in the distillery’s unique heritage exhibition has proven an unexpected hit, with expert food provided by local caterers Season Catering and Errichel. Day meetings benefit from use of the venue’s unique ‘auditorium’, a plush, traditional cinema, for audio-visual presentations. The day is usually rounded off with a whisky tour.
Sales Events & Marketing Manager, Simon Robinson, comments: “We are thrilled that the Secret Bar at the Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery is now available for a few corporate groups. It has been one of the whisky industry’s best kept secrets for years and it’s a brilliant moment when we slide the heavy warehouse door open to reveal it to visitors! We now look forward to sharing that experience with our corporate clients as they incorporate this amazing space into their events.”
The Secret Bar is now available for corporate visitors on a limited basis. For more information or to reserve your experience, please visit www.dewarsaberfeldydistillery.com or call +44(0)1887822010.
- PCC: International Trade Survey 2020 Q1
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Aberdein Considine strengthens Tayside Private Client team with Partner appointment
- Coupar Angus residents ‘step’ back in time with new music space
- UK Gov Updated China Travel Advice
- GS Group Backing Local Talent to Drive the Business Forward
- Private parking companies and the DVLA – why it’s you that’s in the wrong in the eyes of the law.
- SCC Comment on the draft Scottish Budget for 2020 - 21
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce reacts to mixed results of Holyrood rates vote
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: everything you need to know
- SCC responds to the Prime Minister’s speech on a future trade deal with the EU
- The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.
- Continued growth after expansion for leading law firm Thorntons
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and Liquidation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency Law and the differences in regimes as between Scotland and England & Wales
- Scone Palace gets into shape with a January Jog
- Buses Are Key To Making Our Communities Cleaner And Ensuring Our High Streets Thrive As Pivotal Year Begins
- 2020 starts with a bang for Employment Law
- The Enchanted Forest opens its 2020 Community Fund for applications
- Care Home resident and former St Johnstone FC scout welcomes his home team for visit
- Local charity donation of Perth Panto tickets
- Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers