Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery ‘goes public’ with its Secret Bar
Bookings now available for corporate guests to experience modern take on speakeasy featuring DEWAR’S® portfolio of brands
Five star visitor attraction Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery has opened the doors of its exclusive Secret Bar to corporate bookings for the first time.
Previously only open to VIP influencers, corporate visitors can now experience the Secret Bar, which is hidden in a corner of the Highland distillery’s historic warehouse space.
A shrine to Tommy Dewar, one of the company’s founding fathers, the Secret Bar is the ideal location for an incentive group seeking inspiration, fun and a unique experience. The venue is a modern take on the speakeasy, featuring concrete floors, atmospheric lighting, games and artwork inspired by the DEWAR’S story.
Typically used in conjunction with the beautifully restored Whisky Lounge in the main visitor experience, the Secret Bar enhances events when used for a short whisky tasting or cocktail workshop, with the ‘big reveal’ of the space proving a highly memorable moment.
The Secret Bar is just one facet of the growingly popular corporate and private events offering at the distillery. The unique venue, situated in the Highlands, yet within reach of Scotland’s main cities, has seen a 50% increase in corporate bookings in 2018, led by exclusive hire private dining events and day meetings. Private dining in the distillery’s unique heritage exhibition has proven an unexpected hit, with expert food provided by local caterers Season Catering and Errichel. Day meetings benefit from use of the venue’s unique ‘auditorium’, a plush, traditional cinema, for audio-visual presentations. The day is usually rounded off with a whisky tour.
Sales Events & Marketing Manager, Simon Robinson, comments: “We are thrilled that the Secret Bar at the Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery is now available for a few corporate groups. It has been one of the whisky industry’s best kept secrets for years and it’s a brilliant moment when we slide the heavy warehouse door open to reveal it to visitors! We now look forward to sharing that experience with our corporate clients as they incorporate this amazing space into their events.”
The Secret Bar is now available for corporate visitors on a limited basis. For more information or to reserve your experience, please visit www.dewarsaberfeldydistillery.com or call +44(0)1887822010.
- Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
- Balhousie Care Group takes inter-generational links to new ‘lengths’ – in the form of a unique tartan
- It's Game On as this year's Scottish Game Fair kicks off at Scone Palace
- Bank of Scotland names new head of commercial banking
- Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
- Scottish businesses struggling to grow amidst Brexit deadlock
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launches
- Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
- Castle Water wins fourth multi-million-pound deal with the public sector in England
- Amanda Sword joins Balhousie Coupar Angus as new care home manager
- Stagecoach East Scotland supports 2019 Armed Forces Day with free travel
- Miller Hendry warns against not seeking advice early doors when selling a business
- Year two of the GDPR marks the end of basic compliance
- Tickets for The Enchanted Forest 2019 go on sale today for a starry spectacle this autumn
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust announces 2019 charity partners
- Relocation: A potential financial disaster
- Power of attorney - planning our affairs
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launch date confirmed
- Packed programme announced for 31st Scottish Game Fair
- Lifetime allowance tax could trap more than a million pension savers
- Confidence among Scottish businesses dips
- GDPR Doomsday – A Year On
- Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
- PBN new committee unveils exciting programme of speakers