Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery ‘goes public’ with its Secret Bar
Bookings now available for corporate guests to experience modern take on speakeasy featuring DEWAR’S® portfolio of brands
Five star visitor attraction Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery has opened the doors of its exclusive Secret Bar to corporate bookings for the first time.
Previously only open to VIP influencers, corporate visitors can now experience the Secret Bar, which is hidden in a corner of the Highland distillery’s historic warehouse space.
A shrine to Tommy Dewar, one of the company’s founding fathers, the Secret Bar is the ideal location for an incentive group seeking inspiration, fun and a unique experience. The venue is a modern take on the speakeasy, featuring concrete floors, atmospheric lighting, games and artwork inspired by the DEWAR’S story.
Typically used in conjunction with the beautifully restored Whisky Lounge in the main visitor experience, the Secret Bar enhances events when used for a short whisky tasting or cocktail workshop, with the ‘big reveal’ of the space proving a highly memorable moment.
The Secret Bar is just one facet of the growingly popular corporate and private events offering at the distillery. The unique venue, situated in the Highlands, yet within reach of Scotland’s main cities, has seen a 50% increase in corporate bookings in 2018, led by exclusive hire private dining events and day meetings. Private dining in the distillery’s unique heritage exhibition has proven an unexpected hit, with expert food provided by local caterers Season Catering and Errichel. Day meetings benefit from use of the venue’s unique ‘auditorium’, a plush, traditional cinema, for audio-visual presentations. The day is usually rounded off with a whisky tour.
Sales Events & Marketing Manager, Simon Robinson, comments: “We are thrilled that the Secret Bar at the Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery is now available for a few corporate groups. It has been one of the whisky industry’s best kept secrets for years and it’s a brilliant moment when we slide the heavy warehouse door open to reveal it to visitors! We now look forward to sharing that experience with our corporate clients as they incorporate this amazing space into their events.”
The Secret Bar is now available for corporate visitors on a limited basis. For more information or to reserve your experience, please visit www.dewarsaberfeldydistillery.com or call +44(0)1887822010.
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access