Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
Perthshire resort "does Scotland proud", says Scotland the Best author Peter Irvine
Crieff Hydro, the Perthshire resort celebrating its 150th year in business, has won its latest family-friendly accolade - the top rating of "three ticks" in the hit travel guide Scotland the Best.
In the new edition of the bestselling book, published next week, the award-winning Crieff Hydro is lauded as "a national institution, still a family business and a truly great family hotel that moves with the times." In an exclusive extract from the book running in today's Times, author Peter Irvine says: "They strike the perfect balance between relaxation and activity (of which there is a staggering range of choice). In every way they do Scotland proud."
Crieff Hydro, now in its 150th year of business and operated by the same family which founded it, is consistently lauded as one of the U.K.'s most family-friendly resorts. These include: LateRooms.com's Simply the Guest award for family friendly hotel; Scottish Hotel Awards' Family Hotel of the Year; Winner, Family Hotel in The Sunday Times' Ultimate 100 British hotels listing; and Outstanding Contribution, Herald Scottish Family Business Awards. At the end of last year, Chief Executive Officer and owner Stephen Leckie was named Thorntons Business Leader of the Year for his contributions to the tourism sector by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce.
With 215 hotel rooms and 55 self-catering units, Crieff Hydro offers 900 acres of adventures, from off-road driving in an undulating quarry to its legendary free childcare.
Part of the Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels, Crieff Hydro is familiar to generations of Scots, who holidayed at the resort in their childhood and now return with their children and children's children. Stephen Leckie said. "Scotland the Best is as much an institution now as Crieff Hydro is, so we're truly honoured that Peter Irvine has featured us. We're proud of the fact that, for us, it all starts with family: a family-run family of seven hotels in some of the best locations in Scotland. Recognition such as this helps us with our continuous investment and hopefully keeps Crieff Hydro at the top of its game for generations to come."
Scotland the Best is published on March 21 by HarperCollins.
For more information visit www.crieffhydrofamily.com
- The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.
- Continued growth after expansion for leading law firm Thorntons
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and Liquidation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency Law and the differences in regimes as between Scotland and England & Wales
- Scone Palace gets into shape with a January Jog
- Buses Are Key To Making Our Communities Cleaner And Ensuring Our High Streets Thrive As Pivotal Year Begins
- 2020 starts with a bang for Employment Law
- The Enchanted Forest opens its 2020 Community Fund for applications
- Care Home resident and former St Johnstone FC scout welcomes his home team for visit
- Local charity donation of Perth Panto tickets
- Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business