Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
Perthshire resort "does Scotland proud", says Scotland the Best author Peter Irvine
Crieff Hydro, the Perthshire resort celebrating its 150th year in business, has won its latest family-friendly accolade - the top rating of "three ticks" in the hit travel guide Scotland the Best.
In the new edition of the bestselling book, published next week, the award-winning Crieff Hydro is lauded as "a national institution, still a family business and a truly great family hotel that moves with the times." In an exclusive extract from the book running in today's Times, author Peter Irvine says: "They strike the perfect balance between relaxation and activity (of which there is a staggering range of choice). In every way they do Scotland proud."
Crieff Hydro, now in its 150th year of business and operated by the same family which founded it, is consistently lauded as one of the U.K.'s most family-friendly resorts. These include: LateRooms.com's Simply the Guest award for family friendly hotel; Scottish Hotel Awards' Family Hotel of the Year; Winner, Family Hotel in The Sunday Times' Ultimate 100 British hotels listing; and Outstanding Contribution, Herald Scottish Family Business Awards. At the end of last year, Chief Executive Officer and owner Stephen Leckie was named Thorntons Business Leader of the Year for his contributions to the tourism sector by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce.
With 215 hotel rooms and 55 self-catering units, Crieff Hydro offers 900 acres of adventures, from off-road driving in an undulating quarry to its legendary free childcare.
Part of the Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels, Crieff Hydro is familiar to generations of Scots, who holidayed at the resort in their childhood and now return with their children and children's children. Stephen Leckie said. "Scotland the Best is as much an institution now as Crieff Hydro is, so we're truly honoured that Peter Irvine has featured us. We're proud of the fact that, for us, it all starts with family: a family-run family of seven hotels in some of the best locations in Scotland. Recognition such as this helps us with our continuous investment and hopefully keeps Crieff Hydro at the top of its game for generations to come."
Scotland the Best is published on March 21 by HarperCollins.
For more information visit www.crieffhydrofamily.com
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access