Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
Perthshire resort "does Scotland proud", says Scotland the Best author Peter Irvine
Crieff Hydro, the Perthshire resort celebrating its 150th year in business, has won its latest family-friendly accolade - the top rating of "three ticks" in the hit travel guide Scotland the Best.
In the new edition of the bestselling book, published next week, the award-winning Crieff Hydro is lauded as "a national institution, still a family business and a truly great family hotel that moves with the times." In an exclusive extract from the book running in today's Times, author Peter Irvine says: "They strike the perfect balance between relaxation and activity (of which there is a staggering range of choice). In every way they do Scotland proud."
Crieff Hydro, now in its 150th year of business and operated by the same family which founded it, is consistently lauded as one of the U.K.'s most family-friendly resorts. These include: LateRooms.com's Simply the Guest award for family friendly hotel; Scottish Hotel Awards' Family Hotel of the Year; Winner, Family Hotel in The Sunday Times' Ultimate 100 British hotels listing; and Outstanding Contribution, Herald Scottish Family Business Awards. At the end of last year, Chief Executive Officer and owner Stephen Leckie was named Thorntons Business Leader of the Year for his contributions to the tourism sector by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce.
With 215 hotel rooms and 55 self-catering units, Crieff Hydro offers 900 acres of adventures, from off-road driving in an undulating quarry to its legendary free childcare.
Part of the Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels, Crieff Hydro is familiar to generations of Scots, who holidayed at the resort in their childhood and now return with their children and children's children. Stephen Leckie said. "Scotland the Best is as much an institution now as Crieff Hydro is, so we're truly honoured that Peter Irvine has featured us. We're proud of the fact that, for us, it all starts with family: a family-run family of seven hotels in some of the best locations in Scotland. Recognition such as this helps us with our continuous investment and hopefully keeps Crieff Hydro at the top of its game for generations to come."
Scotland the Best is published on March 21 by HarperCollins.
For more information visit www.crieffhydrofamily.com
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 10th February, 3-4 PM
- Johnston Carmichael experts reveal business predictions for 2021
- Trio of New Year appointments at Bell Ingram
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 20th January 2121
- Scottish Government Daily Update: Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Blackadders: Protecting Your Future in 2021: Wills and Powers of Attorney – Part 1
- Blackadders: Civil Court Update: Continued Operation of Scotland’s Civil Courts
- Blackadders: The First Minister announces tougher restrictions: what does it mean for office work?
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Prince Charles launches 'earth charter' for businesses tackling nature and climate crises
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 18th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Received Friday 15
- Latest Scottish Government Daily Update Received Thursday 14th January 2021
- Charity Begins at Home
- Thorntons: Employment Law Webinar - Are you Ready for 2021?
- Scottish Government Daily Update : Wednesday 13th January 2021
- Blackadders: 7th January 2021 The Law behind the Headlines: New mother wins payout of up to £9k after she was left out of Christmas party while on maternity leave’ (Mirror online, 6 January 2021))
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Tuesday 12th January 2021
- £10m DigitalBoost Grant Now Open For Applications
- Circular Tayside: New Partnership Launches Initiative to Mobilise Natural & Cultural Heritage for Climate Action
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 11th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 8th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Thursday 7th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Travel for All Our Tomorrows £82,640 of investment secured to develop a second stage of Regenerative Tourism experiences in the new Cateran Ecomuseum