Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
Perthshire resort "does Scotland proud", says Scotland the Best author Peter Irvine
Crieff Hydro, the Perthshire resort celebrating its 150th year in business, has won its latest family-friendly accolade - the top rating of "three ticks" in the hit travel guide Scotland the Best.
In the new edition of the bestselling book, published next week, the award-winning Crieff Hydro is lauded as "a national institution, still a family business and a truly great family hotel that moves with the times." In an exclusive extract from the book running in today's Times, author Peter Irvine says: "They strike the perfect balance between relaxation and activity (of which there is a staggering range of choice). In every way they do Scotland proud."
Crieff Hydro, now in its 150th year of business and operated by the same family which founded it, is consistently lauded as one of the U.K.'s most family-friendly resorts. These include: LateRooms.com's Simply the Guest award for family friendly hotel; Scottish Hotel Awards' Family Hotel of the Year; Winner, Family Hotel in The Sunday Times' Ultimate 100 British hotels listing; and Outstanding Contribution, Herald Scottish Family Business Awards. At the end of last year, Chief Executive Officer and owner Stephen Leckie was named Thorntons Business Leader of the Year for his contributions to the tourism sector by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce.
With 215 hotel rooms and 55 self-catering units, Crieff Hydro offers 900 acres of adventures, from off-road driving in an undulating quarry to its legendary free childcare.
Part of the Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels, Crieff Hydro is familiar to generations of Scots, who holidayed at the resort in their childhood and now return with their children and children's children. Stephen Leckie said. "Scotland the Best is as much an institution now as Crieff Hydro is, so we're truly honoured that Peter Irvine has featured us. We're proud of the fact that, for us, it all starts with family: a family-run family of seven hotels in some of the best locations in Scotland. Recognition such as this helps us with our continuous investment and hopefully keeps Crieff Hydro at the top of its game for generations to come."
Scotland the Best is published on March 21 by HarperCollins.
For more information visit www.crieffhydrofamily.com
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust announces 2019 charity partners
- Relocation: A potential financial disaster
- Power of attorney - planning our affairs
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launch date confirmed
- Packed programme announced for 31st Scottish Game Fair
- Lifetime allowance tax could trap more than a million pension savers
- Confidence among Scottish businesses dips
- GDPR Doomsday – A Year On
- Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
- PBN new committee unveils exciting programme of speakers
- Don’t confine Powers of Attorney to the elderly – businesses need them too
- Food sustainability takes centre stage at Scottish Game Fair 2019
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Have a Power of Attorney
- Scone Palace to host "spectacular" Scottish Axe Throwing Open this weekend
- Kiltwalk 2019
- Etape Caledonia Supports Lifesaving Work Of Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA)
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust makes record number of awards to a raft of worthy projects throughout Highland Perthshire
- Scottish business confidence rebounds in April
- Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery ‘goes public’ with its Secret Bar
- Brexit Amplifies Business Slowdown In Scottish Economy
- Enjoy a boat trip along the River Tay
- Menopause Festival to highlight the opportunities of 'third stage of life'
- Scottish Game Fair Receives "Staggering" Response from Traders
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Eleven Top Industry Awards