Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
Perthshire resort "does Scotland proud", says Scotland the Best author Peter Irvine
Crieff Hydro, the Perthshire resort celebrating its 150th year in business, has won its latest family-friendly accolade - the top rating of "three ticks" in the hit travel guide Scotland the Best.
In the new edition of the bestselling book, published next week, the award-winning Crieff Hydro is lauded as "a national institution, still a family business and a truly great family hotel that moves with the times." In an exclusive extract from the book running in today's Times, author Peter Irvine says: "They strike the perfect balance between relaxation and activity (of which there is a staggering range of choice). In every way they do Scotland proud."
Crieff Hydro, now in its 150th year of business and operated by the same family which founded it, is consistently lauded as one of the U.K.'s most family-friendly resorts. These include: LateRooms.com's Simply the Guest award for family friendly hotel; Scottish Hotel Awards' Family Hotel of the Year; Winner, Family Hotel in The Sunday Times' Ultimate 100 British hotels listing; and Outstanding Contribution, Herald Scottish Family Business Awards. At the end of last year, Chief Executive Officer and owner Stephen Leckie was named Thorntons Business Leader of the Year for his contributions to the tourism sector by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce.
With 215 hotel rooms and 55 self-catering units, Crieff Hydro offers 900 acres of adventures, from off-road driving in an undulating quarry to its legendary free childcare.
Part of the Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels, Crieff Hydro is familiar to generations of Scots, who holidayed at the resort in their childhood and now return with their children and children's children. Stephen Leckie said. "Scotland the Best is as much an institution now as Crieff Hydro is, so we're truly honoured that Peter Irvine has featured us. We're proud of the fact that, for us, it all starts with family: a family-run family of seven hotels in some of the best locations in Scotland. Recognition such as this helps us with our continuous investment and hopefully keeps Crieff Hydro at the top of its game for generations to come."
Scotland the Best is published on March 21 by HarperCollins.
For more information visit www.crieffhydrofamily.com
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline
- Queen's Awards Open for Entries - Perth and Kinross Businesses Urged to Enter
- All Strong Mind & Body Programme Free for Perth & Kinross Residents
- Glenalmond Pupils Trained as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Join BBC Debate Night's HEALTHCARE SPECIAL - Wednesday 7th April 2021