Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross
Stephen Leckie BA CDir, Chairman and CEO of the Crieff Hydro Family of hotels has been appointed by Her Majesty, The Queen, as Lord-Lieutenant for Perth and Kinross.
As her Majesty’s personal representative in Perth & Kinross, Mr Leckie’s new role seeks to promote a spirit of co-operation through the encouragement of the voluntary services and benevolent organisations, and by taking an active interest in the business, industrial and social life of Perth and Kinross. The youngest Lord Lieutenant to hold the post at 54, the post is non-political.
Mr Leckie succeeds Brigadier Sir Melville Jameson KCVO CBE to the post, who retired on 17 July 2019. Stephen’s prime duty will be to uphold the dignity of the Crown. His role will involve arranging all visits by members of the Royal Family to the Perth and Kinross area and escorting Royal visitors during their visit. He will present medals and awards on behalf of Her Majesty and will participate in civic, voluntary and social activities within Perth and Kinross, in addition to liaising with local units of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Army, Royal Air Force and their associated cadet forces.
Mr Leckie heads up a family of seven hotels and is the fifth generation in his family to do so. Since taking the helm in 1994, Stephen has marshalled more than £100 million of investment to transform Crieff Hydro into the leading resort it is today whilst expanding the business to include hotels in Peebles and Glencoe.
Stephen is also chairman of the Scottish Tourism Alliance and is President of the Perthshire Chamber of Commerce. He is an active member of the industry voice UK Hospitality and chairs the Scottish Government’s Tourism Leadership Group, responsible for overseeing the delivery of the national tourism strategy Tourism Scotland 2020.
He commented: “I am absolutely delighted to have been appointed Lord-Lieutenant for Perth and Kinross by Her Majesty, The Queen. I consider it a great privilege and honour. Having held the post of Deputy Lieutenant for Perth and Kinross since 2012, I’ve learned a great deal from the excellent example of Sir Melville, who retired this month.”
Stephen’s wife, Fiona, is a Director of Crieff Hydro and Head of Projects and Interiors, who, with the family of four, share Stephen’s varied interests. These include classic cars and Land Rovers, piping, skiing, trials biking and sailing. He represented Scotland in freestyle wrestling.
- Judge me not for my convictions
- Thorntons starts 2019 with two new partner promotions
- 5 tips for successful Christmas arrangements for separated families
- Data Protection Recap & Review
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Responds to UK Budget
- SCOTTISH CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE SURVEY ILLUSTRATES ROBUST TRADING PERFORMANCE, BUT MANUFACTURING CONFIDENCE AND OVERALL INVESTMENT FALL AMID RISING MATERIAL COSTS AND UNCERTAIN POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT
- Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE IN SCOTLAND DIPS
- Bootcamp for companies new to Trading Internationally - Perth
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us
- New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
- Smiles All Round for Perthshire's Top Business
- Star Award Scene Setters
- Star Sponsors Revealed