Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross
Stephen Leckie BA CDir, Chairman and CEO of the Crieff Hydro Family of hotels has been appointed by Her Majesty, The Queen, as Lord-Lieutenant for Perth and Kinross.
As her Majesty’s personal representative in Perth & Kinross, Mr Leckie’s new role seeks to promote a spirit of co-operation through the encouragement of the voluntary services and benevolent organisations, and by taking an active interest in the business, industrial and social life of Perth and Kinross. The youngest Lord Lieutenant to hold the post at 54, the post is non-political.
Mr Leckie succeeds Brigadier Sir Melville Jameson KCVO CBE to the post, who retired on 17 July 2019. Stephen’s prime duty will be to uphold the dignity of the Crown. His role will involve arranging all visits by members of the Royal Family to the Perth and Kinross area and escorting Royal visitors during their visit. He will present medals and awards on behalf of Her Majesty and will participate in civic, voluntary and social activities within Perth and Kinross, in addition to liaising with local units of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Army, Royal Air Force and their associated cadet forces.
Mr Leckie heads up a family of seven hotels and is the fifth generation in his family to do so. Since taking the helm in 1994, Stephen has marshalled more than £100 million of investment to transform Crieff Hydro into the leading resort it is today whilst expanding the business to include hotels in Peebles and Glencoe.
Stephen is also chairman of the Scottish Tourism Alliance and is President of the Perthshire Chamber of Commerce. He is an active member of the industry voice UK Hospitality and chairs the Scottish Government’s Tourism Leadership Group, responsible for overseeing the delivery of the national tourism strategy Tourism Scotland 2020.
He commented: “I am absolutely delighted to have been appointed Lord-Lieutenant for Perth and Kinross by Her Majesty, The Queen. I consider it a great privilege and honour. Having held the post of Deputy Lieutenant for Perth and Kinross since 2012, I’ve learned a great deal from the excellent example of Sir Melville, who retired this month.”
Stephen’s wife, Fiona, is a Director of Crieff Hydro and Head of Projects and Interiors, who, with the family of four, share Stephen’s varied interests. These include classic cars and Land Rovers, piping, skiing, trials biking and sailing. He represented Scotland in freestyle wrestling.
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business