Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross
Stephen Leckie BA CDir, Chairman and CEO of the Crieff Hydro Family of hotels has been appointed by Her Majesty, The Queen, as Lord-Lieutenant for Perth and Kinross.
As her Majesty’s personal representative in Perth & Kinross, Mr Leckie’s new role seeks to promote a spirit of co-operation through the encouragement of the voluntary services and benevolent organisations, and by taking an active interest in the business, industrial and social life of Perth and Kinross. The youngest Lord Lieutenant to hold the post at 54, the post is non-political.
Mr Leckie succeeds Brigadier Sir Melville Jameson KCVO CBE to the post, who retired on 17 July 2019. Stephen’s prime duty will be to uphold the dignity of the Crown. His role will involve arranging all visits by members of the Royal Family to the Perth and Kinross area and escorting Royal visitors during their visit. He will present medals and awards on behalf of Her Majesty and will participate in civic, voluntary and social activities within Perth and Kinross, in addition to liaising with local units of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Army, Royal Air Force and their associated cadet forces.
Mr Leckie heads up a family of seven hotels and is the fifth generation in his family to do so. Since taking the helm in 1994, Stephen has marshalled more than £100 million of investment to transform Crieff Hydro into the leading resort it is today whilst expanding the business to include hotels in Peebles and Glencoe.
Stephen is also chairman of the Scottish Tourism Alliance and is President of the Perthshire Chamber of Commerce. He is an active member of the industry voice UK Hospitality and chairs the Scottish Government’s Tourism Leadership Group, responsible for overseeing the delivery of the national tourism strategy Tourism Scotland 2020.
He commented: “I am absolutely delighted to have been appointed Lord-Lieutenant for Perth and Kinross by Her Majesty, The Queen. I consider it a great privilege and honour. Having held the post of Deputy Lieutenant for Perth and Kinross since 2012, I’ve learned a great deal from the excellent example of Sir Melville, who retired this month.”
Stephen’s wife, Fiona, is a Director of Crieff Hydro and Head of Projects and Interiors, who, with the family of four, share Stephen’s varied interests. These include classic cars and Land Rovers, piping, skiing, trials biking and sailing. He represented Scotland in freestyle wrestling.
- Sustainable Innovation Fund Round 2 is now open!
- Balhousie Care Group begins phased re-opening of homes to garden visits for loved ones
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Top Industry Awards
- Gleneagles to Welcome Guests from 15 July, 2020
- Zero Waste Scotland launches food redistribution matchmaking service
- Meet George, 98 Years Young and Still Learning
- Balhousie Care Group is #GladtoCare as national awareness week “shines a light on the care industry’s incredible work”
- Covid-19 Business Recovery: "Green Investment is the way to go" wrap-up
- Circular Tayside: Chat with Kevin Frediani, Dundee University Botanic Garden
- REMAKE in Crieff gets £57k funding to support local community
- Circular Tayside - Second Ambassador Meeting
- A new chapter for Balhousie North Inch Grove as it introduces two new managers
- Zero Waste Scotland Event - Sustainable Renovation in Practice - 22 July 2020
- Thorntons Estate Agency gears up for viewings as waiting list grows
- D C Thomson Media launches Back to Business
- Covid-19 business recovery: Green investment is the way to go by Circular Tayside
- 'Artist-in-Resident' Gordon brings his creativity to Perthshire Care Home
- Balhousie Care Group Buries Time Capsule for Future Generations to Learn About People's Experiences During Coronavirus Crisis
- Upskill with short, no cost course on Digital Marketing
- “Chat with Circular Tayside” with John Ross, Kinross Wooden Products
- Scottish Government: £20k-£80k "Designing Sustainable Plastic Solutions" Funding Competition
- Balhousie Care Group Introduce Thermal Imaging Cameras to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
- New "Chat with Circular Tayside" Series
- Perth and Kinross Residents Invited to Travel the World with Live Active Leisure