Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
Crieff care home Balhousie Dalnaglar has helped the care home group achieve another milestone in its award-winning dementia practices.
The senior leadership team at Dalnaglar is the first in Balhousie Care Group to have completed an enhanced course in dementia support for residents.
The team has been busy studying using Promoting psychological wellbeing for people with dementia and their carers: an enhanced practice resource, which includes six modules covering all aspects of caring for people with dementia.
Balhousie Dalnaglar’s Care Home Manager Jorden Duffy said: “This course has strengthened our understanding of how to best support the residents in the home. It is a pleasure to work with such a fantastic team who are keen to enhance their practice to improve the care they provide. Being the first team among 25 care homes to complete this course is fantastic and shows just how dedicated they are. I can’t wait to plan our next steps together and progress even further.”
Yvonne Manson, Operations Dementia Manager at Balhousie Care Group, said: ‘The course modules include assessment of dementia, communication between caregivers and people with dementia, and psychological approaches to distressed behaviour. It was inspiring to see the senior team working together to drive forward change and celebrate good practice."
Yvonne heads up a team of 100 dementia ambassadors who operate across the group's 25 care homes, promoting good practice in dealing with people with dementia and cascading their knowledge to all staff. Yvonne is the 2018 winner of a National Care Award and RCNi Leadership Award for her work in dementia.
To find out more about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
- The Enchanted Forest featured in leading guide book series
- Are Ubers drivers considered to be workers?
- GP Sustainability Loan Fund
- The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- Brexit Update
- STAGECOACH BOOSTS PERTHSHIRE INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES BY GETTING ON BOARD WITH MI REWARDS INITIATIVE
- There’s still time to top-up your State Pension
- Government proposals to extend legal protections for pregnant women and new mothers
- Thorntons Employment Law Update
- TEMPERATURES RISE AS BUSINESSES TACKLE THE MENOPAUSE AT WORK
- ARCHIE FOUNDATION SPRING BALL TABLES AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Record £62k sum raised for Cash for Kids
- University of Dundee to provide new Graduate Apprenticeship opportunities
- POLITICAL UNCERTAINTY AND COST PRESSURES TAKING TOLL ON SCOTTISH ECONOMY
- Scone Palace going to the dogs for a day as it launches exclusive four-legged event
- Castle Water agrees new four-year finance facilities
- ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure
- Cupid’s arrow in the workplace By Donna Reynolds, Partner, Employment Law, Blackadders LLP
- Brexit Support
- Match funding available for businesses culture partnerships
- Binn Group provide mental health support for male-dominated workforce
- Judge me not for my convictions