Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
Crieff care home Balhousie Dalnaglar has helped the care home group achieve another milestone in its award-winning dementia practices.
The senior leadership team at Dalnaglar is the first in Balhousie Care Group to have completed an enhanced course in dementia support for residents.
The team has been busy studying using Promoting psychological wellbeing for people with dementia and their carers: an enhanced practice resource, which includes six modules covering all aspects of caring for people with dementia.
Balhousie Dalnaglar’s Care Home Manager Jorden Duffy said: “This course has strengthened our understanding of how to best support the residents in the home. It is a pleasure to work with such a fantastic team who are keen to enhance their practice to improve the care they provide. Being the first team among 25 care homes to complete this course is fantastic and shows just how dedicated they are. I can’t wait to plan our next steps together and progress even further.”
Yvonne Manson, Operations Dementia Manager at Balhousie Care Group, said: ‘The course modules include assessment of dementia, communication between caregivers and people with dementia, and psychological approaches to distressed behaviour. It was inspiring to see the senior team working together to drive forward change and celebrate good practice."
Yvonne heads up a team of 100 dementia ambassadors who operate across the group's 25 care homes, promoting good practice in dealing with people with dementia and cascading their knowledge to all staff. Yvonne is the 2018 winner of a National Care Award and RCNi Leadership Award for her work in dementia.
To find out more about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- Relocation: A potential financial disaster
- Power of attorney - planning our affairs
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launch date confirmed
- Packed programme announced for 31st Scottish Game Fair
- Lifetime allowance tax could trap more than a million pension savers
- Confidence among Scottish businesses dips
- GDPR Doomsday – A Year On
- Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
- PBN new committee unveils exciting programme of speakers
- Don’t confine Powers of Attorney to the elderly – businesses need them too
- Food sustainability takes centre stage at Scottish Game Fair 2019
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Have a Power of Attorney
- Scone Palace to host "spectacular" Scottish Axe Throwing Open this weekend
- Kiltwalk 2019
- Etape Caledonia Supports Lifesaving Work Of Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA)
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust makes record number of awards to a raft of worthy projects throughout Highland Perthshire
- Scottish business confidence rebounds in April
- Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery ‘goes public’ with its Secret Bar
- Brexit Amplifies Business Slowdown In Scottish Economy
- Enjoy a boat trip along the River Tay
- Menopause Festival to highlight the opportunities of 'third stage of life'
- Scottish Game Fair Receives "Staggering" Response from Traders
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Eleven Top Industry Awards
- Business Confidence dips in Scotland