Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
Crieff care home Balhousie Dalnaglar has helped the care home group achieve another milestone in its award-winning dementia practices.
The senior leadership team at Dalnaglar is the first in Balhousie Care Group to have completed an enhanced course in dementia support for residents.
The team has been busy studying using Promoting psychological wellbeing for people with dementia and their carers: an enhanced practice resource, which includes six modules covering all aspects of caring for people with dementia.
Balhousie Dalnaglar’s Care Home Manager Jorden Duffy said: “This course has strengthened our understanding of how to best support the residents in the home. It is a pleasure to work with such a fantastic team who are keen to enhance their practice to improve the care they provide. Being the first team among 25 care homes to complete this course is fantastic and shows just how dedicated they are. I can’t wait to plan our next steps together and progress even further.”
Yvonne Manson, Operations Dementia Manager at Balhousie Care Group, said: ‘The course modules include assessment of dementia, communication between caregivers and people with dementia, and psychological approaches to distressed behaviour. It was inspiring to see the senior team working together to drive forward change and celebrate good practice."
Yvonne heads up a team of 100 dementia ambassadors who operate across the group's 25 care homes, promoting good practice in dealing with people with dementia and cascading their knowledge to all staff. Yvonne is the 2018 winner of a National Care Award and RCNi Leadership Award for her work in dementia.
To find out more about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions