Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
Crieff care home Balhousie Dalnaglar has helped the care home group achieve another milestone in its award-winning dementia practices.
The senior leadership team at Dalnaglar is the first in Balhousie Care Group to have completed an enhanced course in dementia support for residents.
The team has been busy studying using Promoting psychological wellbeing for people with dementia and their carers: an enhanced practice resource, which includes six modules covering all aspects of caring for people with dementia.
Balhousie Dalnaglar’s Care Home Manager Jorden Duffy said: “This course has strengthened our understanding of how to best support the residents in the home. It is a pleasure to work with such a fantastic team who are keen to enhance their practice to improve the care they provide. Being the first team among 25 care homes to complete this course is fantastic and shows just how dedicated they are. I can’t wait to plan our next steps together and progress even further.”
Yvonne Manson, Operations Dementia Manager at Balhousie Care Group, said: ‘The course modules include assessment of dementia, communication between caregivers and people with dementia, and psychological approaches to distressed behaviour. It was inspiring to see the senior team working together to drive forward change and celebrate good practice."
Yvonne heads up a team of 100 dementia ambassadors who operate across the group's 25 care homes, promoting good practice in dealing with people with dementia and cascading their knowledge to all staff. Yvonne is the 2018 winner of a National Care Award and RCNi Leadership Award for her work in dementia.
To find out more about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 10th February, 3-4 PM
- Johnston Carmichael experts reveal business predictions for 2021
- Trio of New Year appointments at Bell Ingram
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 20th January 2121
- Scottish Government Daily Update: Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Blackadders: Protecting Your Future in 2021: Wills and Powers of Attorney – Part 1
- Blackadders: Civil Court Update: Continued Operation of Scotland’s Civil Courts
- Blackadders: The First Minister announces tougher restrictions: what does it mean for office work?
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Prince Charles launches 'earth charter' for businesses tackling nature and climate crises
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 18th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Received Friday 15
- Latest Scottish Government Daily Update Received Thursday 14th January 2021
- Charity Begins at Home
- Thorntons: Employment Law Webinar - Are you Ready for 2021?
- Scottish Government Daily Update : Wednesday 13th January 2021
- Blackadders: 7th January 2021 The Law behind the Headlines: New mother wins payout of up to £9k after she was left out of Christmas party while on maternity leave’ (Mirror online, 6 January 2021))
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Tuesday 12th January 2021
- £10m DigitalBoost Grant Now Open For Applications
- Circular Tayside: New Partnership Launches Initiative to Mobilise Natural & Cultural Heritage for Climate Action
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 11th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 8th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Thursday 7th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Travel for All Our Tomorrows £82,640 of investment secured to develop a second stage of Regenerative Tourism experiences in the new Cateran Ecomuseum