Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
Crieff care home Balhousie Dalnaglar has helped the care home group achieve another milestone in its award-winning dementia practices.
The senior leadership team at Dalnaglar is the first in Balhousie Care Group to have completed an enhanced course in dementia support for residents.
The team has been busy studying using Promoting psychological wellbeing for people with dementia and their carers: an enhanced practice resource, which includes six modules covering all aspects of caring for people with dementia.
Balhousie Dalnaglar’s Care Home Manager Jorden Duffy said: “This course has strengthened our understanding of how to best support the residents in the home. It is a pleasure to work with such a fantastic team who are keen to enhance their practice to improve the care they provide. Being the first team among 25 care homes to complete this course is fantastic and shows just how dedicated they are. I can’t wait to plan our next steps together and progress even further.”
Yvonne Manson, Operations Dementia Manager at Balhousie Care Group, said: ‘The course modules include assessment of dementia, communication between caregivers and people with dementia, and psychological approaches to distressed behaviour. It was inspiring to see the senior team working together to drive forward change and celebrate good practice."
Yvonne heads up a team of 100 dementia ambassadors who operate across the group's 25 care homes, promoting good practice in dealing with people with dementia and cascading their knowledge to all staff. Yvonne is the 2018 winner of a National Care Award and RCNi Leadership Award for her work in dementia.
To find out more about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- Balhousie Care Group Introduce Thermal Imaging Cameras to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
- New "Chat with Circular Tayside" Series
- Perth and Kinross Residents Invited to Travel the World with Live Active Leisure
- Coronavirus in Care Homes: Balhousie Care Group reveals three months of mixed messages
- Scottish Government: Bee Disease confirmed in Perthshire, 28 May 2020
- Scottish Firms' Confidence Rises but Remains Near Record Low
- Online Arabic Language Course Starts 1 June - 20% discount offered to Perthshire Chamber Members
- Deposit Returns Scheme
- Exercises to Practice When Working
- Scottish Government: BREXIT, 19 May 2020
- Balhousie Care Group provides jobs for former Michelin factory workers in latest example of community partnership
- Perthshire Care Home 'hugely touched' by community donations
- Buy Local, Eat Local : How to shop with your local food and drink businesses during lockdown
- £4.2 million C- Voucher funding to SMEs transitioning from Linear to Circular
- FRIDAY 8TH MAY: UK to Observe a Two Minute Silence to Commemorate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day
- Property Viewings Go Virtual
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust Steps in to help 26 Community Projects, 5 May 2020
- Balhousie Care Group Media Statement, 2 May 2020
- The Enchanted Forest Announces it is to Cancel the 2020 Event
- PERTHSHIRE CHAMBER TO LAUNCH “RECOVERY AND RESILIENCE PROGRAMME” AND MEMBERSHIP PROMOTIONS TO HELP REGION'S BUSINESSES THROUGH COVID-19
- Scone Palace to launch The Scottish Garden Show
- Balhousie Care Homes join in Live Gig from Singer Kate Nicoll
- Schools, Men's Shed and Local Businesses Provide Visors for Balhouse Care Group Staff
- Virtual youth work plan for PKC young people