Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 7
Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 7
It has been a week since the Prime Minister, Boris Johnston, announced the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme which will see the Government reimbursing employers 80% of the wages for any staff that they wish to furlough.
There is still a lot about this scheme that we do not yet know however further details were published by the Government last night.
Can an employee continue to work whilst also being placed on furlough leave?
How should employers select who should be placed on furlough leave?
To whom does furlough apply and how will it be calculated?
For employees whose pay varies, the employer can claim for the higher of either (a) the same month’s earnings from March 2019 or (b) the average monthly earnings from 2019-2020 tax year.
What about employees who have not yet started their employment but have accepted an offer of employment?
Can employers re-hire employees they made redundant before the Job Retention Scheme was announced?
How can employers claim to HMRC?
It is still unclear whether HMRC intends to rely on the Government’s Furlough Scheme guidance or indeed whether there will be actual legislation. However should you require any advice or assistance in the meantime, you can get in touch with the Blackadders Employment Team.
Simon Allison, Partner
- Royal Bank of Scotland Re-Launches Enterprise Programme
- Rally for Growth - Party Leader Events
- Scottish Government Daily Update 13th April 2021
- Charity works – if ever you needed proof - Barnardo’s Works
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline