Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 7
Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 7
It has been a week since the Prime Minister, Boris Johnston, announced the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme which will see the Government reimbursing employers 80% of the wages for any staff that they wish to furlough.
There is still a lot about this scheme that we do not yet know however further details were published by the Government last night.
Can an employee continue to work whilst also being placed on furlough leave?
How should employers select who should be placed on furlough leave?
To whom does furlough apply and how will it be calculated?
For employees whose pay varies, the employer can claim for the higher of either (a) the same month’s earnings from March 2019 or (b) the average monthly earnings from 2019-2020 tax year.
What about employees who have not yet started their employment but have accepted an offer of employment?
Can employers re-hire employees they made redundant before the Job Retention Scheme was announced?
How can employers claim to HMRC?
It is still unclear whether HMRC intends to rely on the Government’s Furlough Scheme guidance or indeed whether there will be actual legislation. However should you require any advice or assistance in the meantime, you can get in touch with the Blackadders Employment Team.
Simon Allison, Partner
- Scottish Government Daily Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Scottish Government Daily Monday 30th December 2020
- Inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s
- Salutation Hotel Festive Lunch & Dinner Specials
- PRI Cheque Presentation in Memory of Businessman Jim Graham
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 26th Nov 2020
- Meet Artist Gerard Burns Invitation from Carbon
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Wednesday 25th November 2020
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 19th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 16th November 2020