Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 7
Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 7
It has been a week since the Prime Minister, Boris Johnston, announced the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme which will see the Government reimbursing employers 80% of the wages for any staff that they wish to furlough.
There is still a lot about this scheme that we do not yet know however further details were published by the Government last night.
Can an employee continue to work whilst also being placed on furlough leave?
How should employers select who should be placed on furlough leave?
To whom does furlough apply and how will it be calculated?
For employees whose pay varies, the employer can claim for the higher of either (a) the same month’s earnings from March 2019 or (b) the average monthly earnings from 2019-2020 tax year.
What about employees who have not yet started their employment but have accepted an offer of employment?
Can employers re-hire employees they made redundant before the Job Retention Scheme was announced?
How can employers claim to HMRC?
It is still unclear whether HMRC intends to rely on the Government’s Furlough Scheme guidance or indeed whether there will be actual legislation. However should you require any advice or assistance in the meantime, you can get in touch with the Blackadders Employment Team.
Simon Allison, Partner
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access