Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers - Part 5
Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 5
At 5 pm on Friday 20 March 2020, Rishi Sunak, Chancellor of the Exchequer, announced a scheme which will assist employers in paying workers’ wages. This scheme is being called the Job Retention Scheme. Under this scheme, employers will be able to access support to continue to pay employees’ salaries who would have ordinarily been made redundant during this crisis. These affected employees will be designated as “furloughed workers.”
Although there is presently very little detailed guidance from HMRC, the following can be noted.
The future challenges
As ever, employment lawyers are playing catch up with this ever-changing legislation so, if in doubt, take advice from the Blackadders Employment Team. We will update you further when we can.
Simon Allison, Partner
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions