Connecting Scotland - New Application round open
There are currently three application rounds open for organisations seeking additional devices and support for the people they work with. These are:
- Employability – for organisations working to remove barriers related to digital exclusion for unemployed young people and adults (aged 16+). This includes people furthest from the labour market who are not job ready but are undertaking activity to address any barriers to employment or training (e.g. confidence building, improving health or wellbeing, ESOL programmes). Applications for the first round close at 5pm on 5th July.
- Fast track – for organisations who have identified up to 10 people they are currently working with at risk of social isolation and loneliness. There is a particular focus on older people, disabled people and single parents but applications are accepted for a range of people who may be at risk of isolation. Multiple applications are allowed from the same organisation, making this route is ideal for members of your team who are providing direct support to digitally excluded people.
- Social housing fast track – for housing associations and other social housing providers to rapidly distribute up to 100 devices to tenants at risk of social isolation and loneliness.
Previous applicants to Connecting Scotland must have successfully completed the distribution of their previous devices and submitted the required monitoring information for their application to be considered in this round. If you still have outstanding information to submit on the people you support, please do this as soon as possible.
We are hosting a webinar and Q&A at 15:30 on Monday 28th June for tips on how to apply.
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer