Connecting Scotland - New Application round open
There are currently three application rounds open for organisations seeking additional devices and support for the people they work with. These are:
- Employability – for organisations working to remove barriers related to digital exclusion for unemployed young people and adults (aged 16+). This includes people furthest from the labour market who are not job ready but are undertaking activity to address any barriers to employment or training (e.g. confidence building, improving health or wellbeing, ESOL programmes). Applications for the first round close at 5pm on 5th July.
- Fast track – for organisations who have identified up to 10 people they are currently working with at risk of social isolation and loneliness. There is a particular focus on older people, disabled people and single parents but applications are accepted for a range of people who may be at risk of isolation. Multiple applications are allowed from the same organisation, making this route is ideal for members of your team who are providing direct support to digitally excluded people.
- Social housing fast track – for housing associations and other social housing providers to rapidly distribute up to 100 devices to tenants at risk of social isolation and loneliness.
Previous applicants to Connecting Scotland must have successfully completed the distribution of their previous devices and submitted the required monitoring information for their application to be considered in this round. If you still have outstanding information to submit on the people you support, please do this as soon as possible.
We are hosting a webinar and Q&A at 15:30 on Monday 28th June for tips on how to apply.
- Diesel prices reach record of over £1.80 a litre
- UK Global Screen Fund receives £21m extra funding for three-year extension
- Energy bills shake-up plans to avoid price shocks
- Land and Property Market Survey
- Here’s The Plan…to a realistic, affordable sustainable future
- Rental market at its ‘most competitive’ ever
- Support for fishing and coastal communities
- Public encouraged to take part in National Parks consultation
- Global Business Dinner to showcase the best of Scotland
- Travelknowhow Scotland are delighted to be able to extend their FREE consultancy support package throughout 2022/23
- It’s the people of Perth’s chance to have their say on BBC Debate Night
- New Digital Skills Academy - applications open
- Perth Festival of the Arts
- Auto Services Perth Ltd sponsor Perth Racecourse for the 2022 season
- Electric models drive second-hand car sales higher
- Morrisons rescues McColl's taking on all 16,000 staff
- Inflationary pressure poses huge risk to Scottish businesses
- Focus on tackling the cost of living in Queen's Speech
- New UK sanctions for Russia and Belarus
- UK Capital Allowance Regime - Consultation
- Additional £4 million for the Young Person’s Guarantee
- Latest FPMC funding round announced
- SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Survey Q2 2022
- Azets global SME leaders growth conference - 12th May