CO2 Utilisation Challenge Fund launched
A new fund to help develop emerging CO2 utilisation technology has been launched.
The CO2 Utilisation Challenge Fund aims to help businesses and organisations develop and commercialise the technology, which involves harnessing and converting CO2 – the biggest contributor to climate change emissions – and using it to produce valuable products such as synthetic fuels and proteins for use in aquaculture.
The CO2 Utilisation Challenge Fund will be administered by Scottish Enterprise and match-funded by industry, meaning over £10 million could be invested in the initiative over its two-year lifetime.
The CO2 Utilisation Fund is a Programme for Government commitment 2020/21.
More details are available on the Scottish Enterprise website .
- Perthshire Classic Car Tour gets the Royal treatment
- Businesses urged to consider Queen's awards for competitive edge
- New Brexit rules caused major shock to UK-EU trade
- Ukraine war to cause biggest price shock in 50 years
- Government borrowing halves as Covid costs fall
- People reliant on cash risk being cut adrift, Which? Says
- Shoppers could face £271 rise in annual food bills
- Scotland 5GCentre Innovation Challenge Live
- First full-size driverless bus trials to begin in Scotland
- Price rises trigger shift from saving to borrowing
- Airlines should be fined for refund delays, MPs say
- Aberdeen to host second UK trade meeting with United States
- Call to Restore, Recover & Reform as Council candidates in Perth and Kinross urged to back local businesses
- Balhousie Care Group Chairman shortlisted in Scottish Ex-Forces in Business Awards
- Stagecoach confirms new fares for passengers in the east of Scotland
- Stagecoach takes major step towards the opening of new Perth customer contact centre as Scottish customers start to use the new service
- Chamber Golf Day Open for Bookings and Backed by Carbon
- Tayside and Strathearn Help for Ukraine
- Annual Golf Day: Friday 16th September 2022 at Strathmore Golf Centre
- Binn Group installs repurposed materials artwork to promote international Earth Day
- Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme
- Digital apprenticeship development
- Retail sales fall as rising cost of living bites
- Nearly one in five Scottish employers are likely to make redundancies in the year ahead