Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Dundee & Angus Chamber of Commerce are dellighted to announce the appointment of Vaso Makri in a new role as Circular Tayside Manager.
Driving business engagement and support across the whole region, Vaso will become a recognised face and a trusted connection between Tayside organisations, the Chambers of Commerce and Zero Waste Scotland.
Based within the Chamber of Commerce offices in Perth & Dundee, Vaso has got a strong background in circular economy and environmental activities, and studied Economic Development and Planning, Sustainable Development and Environmental Politics at various european institutions before coming to Scotland to further her career.
Vaso will work with SMEs to understand business challenges, identify the circular economy opportunities and help identify & influence business project creation and development.
She will also bring learnings from other Circular Economy success stories across Scotland and beyond to develop innovative thinking and projects from key sectors in our region, while being mindful of wider opportunities that will attract support from Zero Waste Scotland.
Vaso, along with the Chamber CEOs, will maintain close engagement with the Circular Tayside Ambassadors and ensuring everyone has up to date information about Scotland’s circular economy ambitions and opportunities.
This is a really exciting opportunity for local organisations to drive revenue growth and cost savings by adopting circular economy business principles, and by taking new products to market. The time for action has never been more appropriate as we see global, national and local demand for action to tackle climate change - our region has the chance to grasp a predicted £400 million economic benefit to Tayside by adopting a circular economy.
If you haven't yet read the Circular Tayside Opportunities report or want to find out more about the wider project, visit www.circulartayside.co.uk
Vaso can be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org - please get in touch if you'd like to meet with her to explore a project idea or learn more about the support available.
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 2
- • Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 1
- Coronavirus: A Guide for Employers – Part 3
- Covid-19 Market Update 16th March 2020
- Remote Working : Covid-19 / Corona Virus
- Chamber Network Update - Coronavirus
- Absent staff showing Coronavirus symptoms should be paid full wage’ urges Scots employment lawyer
- Scone Palace & Estates appoints a new Chief Executive
- PCC: International Trade Survey 2020 Q1
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Aberdein Considine strengthens Tayside Private Client team with Partner appointment
- Coupar Angus residents ‘step’ back in time with new music space
- UK Gov Updated China Travel Advice
- GS Group Backing Local Talent to Drive the Business Forward
- Private parking companies and the DVLA – why it’s you that’s in the wrong in the eyes of the law.
- SCC Comment on the draft Scottish Budget for 2020 - 21
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce reacts to mixed results of Holyrood rates vote
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: everything you need to know
- SCC responds to the Prime Minister’s speech on a future trade deal with the EU
- The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.
- Continued growth after expansion for leading law firm Thorntons
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and Liquidation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency Law and the differences in regimes as between Scotland and England & Wales
- Scone Palace gets into shape with a January Jog