Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Dundee & Angus Chamber of Commerce are dellighted to announce the appointment of Vaso Makri in a new role as Circular Tayside Manager.
Driving business engagement and support across the whole region, Vaso will become a recognised face and a trusted connection between Tayside organisations, the Chambers of Commerce and Zero Waste Scotland.
Based within the Chamber of Commerce offices in Perth & Dundee, Vaso has got a strong background in circular economy and environmental activities, and studied Economic Development and Planning, Sustainable Development and Environmental Politics at various european institutions before coming to Scotland to further her career.
Vaso will work with SMEs to understand business challenges, identify the circular economy opportunities and help identify & influence business project creation and development.
She will also bring learnings from other Circular Economy success stories across Scotland and beyond to develop innovative thinking and projects from key sectors in our region, while being mindful of wider opportunities that will attract support from Zero Waste Scotland.
Vaso, along with the Chamber CEOs, will maintain close engagement with the Circular Tayside Ambassadors and ensuring everyone has up to date information about Scotland’s circular economy ambitions and opportunities.
This is a really exciting opportunity for local organisations to drive revenue growth and cost savings by adopting circular economy business principles, and by taking new products to market. The time for action has never been more appropriate as we see global, national and local demand for action to tackle climate change - our region has the chance to grasp a predicted £400 million economic benefit to Tayside by adopting a circular economy.
If you haven't yet read the Circular Tayside Opportunities report or want to find out more about the wider project, visit www.circulartayside.co.uk
Vaso can be contacted by email on email@example.com - please get in touch if you'd like to meet with her to explore a project idea or learn more about the support available.
- ARCHIE FOUNDATION SPRING BALL TABLES AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Record £62k sum raised for Cash for Kids
- University of Dundee to provide new Graduate Apprenticeship opportunities
- POLITICAL UNCERTAINTY AND COST PRESSURES TAKING TOLL ON SCOTTISH ECONOMY
- Scone Palace going to the dogs for a day as it launches exclusive four-legged event
- Castle Water agrees new four-year finance facilities
- ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure
- Cupid’s arrow in the workplace By Donna Reynolds, Partner, Employment Law, Blackadders LLP
- Brexit Support
- Match funding available for businesses culture partnerships
- Binn Group provide mental health support for male-dominated workforce
- Judge me not for my convictions
- Thorntons starts 2019 with two new partner promotions
- 5 tips for successful Christmas arrangements for separated families
- Data Protection Recap & Review
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Responds to UK Budget
- SCOTTISH CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE SURVEY ILLUSTRATES ROBUST TRADING PERFORMANCE, BUT MANUFACTURING CONFIDENCE AND OVERALL INVESTMENT FALL AMID RISING MATERIAL COSTS AND UNCERTAIN POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT
- Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE IN SCOTLAND DIPS
- Bootcamp for companies new to Trading Internationally - Perth
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS