Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Dundee & Angus Chamber of Commerce are dellighted to announce the appointment of Vaso Makri in a new role as Circular Tayside Manager.
Driving business engagement and support across the whole region, Vaso will become a recognised face and a trusted connection between Tayside organisations, the Chambers of Commerce and Zero Waste Scotland.
Based within the Chamber of Commerce offices in Perth & Dundee, Vaso has got a strong background in circular economy and environmental activities, and studied Economic Development and Planning, Sustainable Development and Environmental Politics at various european institutions before coming to Scotland to further her career.
Vaso will work with SMEs to understand business challenges, identify the circular economy opportunities and help identify & influence business project creation and development.
She will also bring learnings from other Circular Economy success stories across Scotland and beyond to develop innovative thinking and projects from key sectors in our region, while being mindful of wider opportunities that will attract support from Zero Waste Scotland.
Vaso, along with the Chamber CEOs, will maintain close engagement with the Circular Tayside Ambassadors and ensuring everyone has up to date information about Scotland’s circular economy ambitions and opportunities.
This is a really exciting opportunity for local organisations to drive revenue growth and cost savings by adopting circular economy business principles, and by taking new products to market. The time for action has never been more appropriate as we see global, national and local demand for action to tackle climate change - our region has the chance to grasp a predicted £400 million economic benefit to Tayside by adopting a circular economy.
If you haven't yet read the Circular Tayside Opportunities report or want to find out more about the wider project, visit www.circulartayside.co.uk
Vaso can be contacted by email on email@example.com - please get in touch if you'd like to meet with her to explore a project idea or learn more about the support available.
- Year two of the GDPR marks the end of basic compliance
- Tickets for The Enchanted Forest 2019 go on sale today for a starry spectacle this autumn
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust announces 2019 charity partners
- Relocation: A potential financial disaster
- Power of attorney - planning our affairs
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launch date confirmed
- Packed programme announced for 31st Scottish Game Fair
- Lifetime allowance tax could trap more than a million pension savers
- Confidence among Scottish businesses dips
- GDPR Doomsday – A Year On
- Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
- PBN new committee unveils exciting programme of speakers
- Don’t confine Powers of Attorney to the elderly – businesses need them too
- Food sustainability takes centre stage at Scottish Game Fair 2019
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Have a Power of Attorney
- Scone Palace to host "spectacular" Scottish Axe Throwing Open this weekend
- Kiltwalk 2019
- Etape Caledonia Supports Lifesaving Work Of Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA)
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust makes record number of awards to a raft of worthy projects throughout Highland Perthshire
- Scottish business confidence rebounds in April
- Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery ‘goes public’ with its Secret Bar
- Brexit Amplifies Business Slowdown In Scottish Economy
- Enjoy a boat trip along the River Tay
- Menopause Festival to highlight the opportunities of 'third stage of life'