Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Dundee & Angus Chamber of Commerce are dellighted to announce the appointment of Vaso Makri in a new role as Circular Tayside Manager.
Driving business engagement and support across the whole region, Vaso will become a recognised face and a trusted connection between Tayside organisations, the Chambers of Commerce and Zero Waste Scotland.
Based within the Chamber of Commerce offices in Perth & Dundee, Vaso has got a strong background in circular economy and environmental activities, and studied Economic Development and Planning, Sustainable Development and Environmental Politics at various european institutions before coming to Scotland to further her career.
Vaso will work with SMEs to understand business challenges, identify the circular economy opportunities and help identify & influence business project creation and development.
She will also bring learnings from other Circular Economy success stories across Scotland and beyond to develop innovative thinking and projects from key sectors in our region, while being mindful of wider opportunities that will attract support from Zero Waste Scotland.
Vaso, along with the Chamber CEOs, will maintain close engagement with the Circular Tayside Ambassadors and ensuring everyone has up to date information about Scotland’s circular economy ambitions and opportunities.
This is a really exciting opportunity for local organisations to drive revenue growth and cost savings by adopting circular economy business principles, and by taking new products to market. The time for action has never been more appropriate as we see global, national and local demand for action to tackle climate change - our region has the chance to grasp a predicted £400 million economic benefit to Tayside by adopting a circular economy.
If you haven't yet read the Circular Tayside Opportunities report or want to find out more about the wider project, visit www.circulartayside.co.uk
Vaso can be contacted by email on email@example.com - please get in touch if you'd like to meet with her to explore a project idea or learn more about the support available.
- £4.2 million C- Voucher funding to SMEs transitioning from Linear to Circular
- FRIDAY 8TH MAY: UK to Observe a Two Minute Silence to Commemorate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day
- Property Viewings Go Virtual
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust Steps in to help 26 Community Projects, 5 May 2020
- Balhousie Care Group Media Statement, 2 May 2020
- The Enchanted Forest Announces it is to Cancel the 2020 Event
- PERTHSHIRE CHAMBER TO LAUNCH “RECOVERY AND RESILIENCE PROGRAMME” AND MEMBERSHIP PROMOTIONS TO HELP REGION'S BUSINESSES THROUGH COVID-19
- Scone Palace to launch The Scottish Garden Show
- Balhousie Care Homes join in Live Gig from Singer Kate Nicoll
- Schools, Men's Shed and Local Businesses Provide Visors for Balhouse Care Group Staff
- Virtual youth work plan for PKC young people
- UK Government: Businesses to save up to £300 million Annually thanks to Climate Change Agreement Scheme Extension, 16 April 2020
- Preparing a Will for Yourself is a Potential DIY Disaster
- TV presenter Ade Adepitan and singer Elle Exxe send a special message to Arbroath care home
- Travelknowhow Scotland: Working From Home
- "Why it's OK to keep building your brand in a crisis - and how to do it"
- Social Enterprise Scotland: #GoodNewsScot – 11am to 12pm weekdays
- Crieff care home residents receive heartwarming message from Dumfries schoolgirl as she maintains intergenerational links during Coronavirus Crisis
- Resource Efficient Scotland re-branded to Energy Efficiency Business Support Service
- How To Keep Your Zoom Meetings Safe
- Wave FM Community Hub
- The kindness of local businesses lift spirits of care home teams across Balhousie Care Group
- “Circular economy development goes digital"
- New measures introduced for Right to Work checks – including video calls and accepting scanned documents Insight from Gurjit Pall, Immigration law specialist at Thorntons