Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Dundee & Angus Chamber of Commerce are dellighted to announce the appointment of Vaso Makri in a new role as Circular Tayside Manager.
Driving business engagement and support across the whole region, Vaso will become a recognised face and a trusted connection between Tayside organisations, the Chambers of Commerce and Zero Waste Scotland.
Based within the Chamber of Commerce offices in Perth & Dundee, Vaso has got a strong background in circular economy and environmental activities, and studied Economic Development and Planning, Sustainable Development and Environmental Politics at various european institutions before coming to Scotland to further her career.
Vaso will work with SMEs to understand business challenges, identify the circular economy opportunities and help identify & influence business project creation and development.
She will also bring learnings from other Circular Economy success stories across Scotland and beyond to develop innovative thinking and projects from key sectors in our region, while being mindful of wider opportunities that will attract support from Zero Waste Scotland.
Vaso, along with the Chamber CEOs, will maintain close engagement with the Circular Tayside Ambassadors and ensuring everyone has up to date information about Scotland’s circular economy ambitions and opportunities.
This is a really exciting opportunity for local organisations to drive revenue growth and cost savings by adopting circular economy business principles, and by taking new products to market. The time for action has never been more appropriate as we see global, national and local demand for action to tackle climate change - our region has the chance to grasp a predicted £400 million economic benefit to Tayside by adopting a circular economy.
If you haven't yet read the Circular Tayside Opportunities report or want to find out more about the wider project, visit www.circulartayside.co.uk
Vaso can be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org - please get in touch if you'd like to meet with her to explore a project idea or learn more about the support available.
- Apple donation from Crieff care home “means the world” to local wildlife centre
- Janey Godley’s special boost to Balhousie carers
- Innovation workshop with Circular Tayside and Zero Waste Scotland – 1st October
- Making the circular economy work- Insights and successes from Tayside, Cornwall and the Netherlands
- Perthshire Advertiser #IAMOPEN Campaign
- From career changers to university students, carers honoured for their hard work
- Blackadders LLP: Giving evidence at a virtual Employment Tribunal Hearing
- Scottish care home group in drive to recruit specialist nurses for range of care needs
- Save your organisation money and food waste with free, tailored Zero Waste
- 2nd September 2020 Scottish Government Daily Briefing
- Attention all food businesses: Free Zero Waste Scotland e-module helps your business fight food waste and increase efficiency
- The future of furniture: Circular Solutions for a post Covid world- 22.09.2020
- My Reflections on Home Working, by Jack Boyle, Director, Blackadders
- Please take part in the Perth and Kinross Business Barometer Survey - Closes 3rd September 2020
- Perthshire Care Home Welcomes the 'Incredible' Circus to Entertain Residents
- URGENT update from NHS Tayside about a COVID-19 Outbreak at 2Sisters in Coupar Angus
- Upcoming Webinar by Thorntons: Business Resilience
- Global ‘socially-inclusive’ circular economy ‘Action Hub’ launched
- Waste sector grants offered for Covid-19 adaptations- Up to £10,000 per site
- Tayside welcomes brand new Tayside Upcycling & Crafts Centre on the A90
- Parklands Pub & Beer Garden : Bringing a laid back vibe to your weekend
- GWCT Scottish Game Fair announces it is to cancel 2020 event
- Balhouse Care Food Chef's Photos Go Viral as he busts the myths over Care Home catering
- Circular Tayside Newsletter: The Hybrid State - Which side are you on?