Charity photography competition launched on World Photography day
One of Scotland’s leading hotel groups, Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels, is creating a calendar of images taken by guests with all proceeds being donated to charity.
The family is calling on guests who have stayed at one of their hotels in the last few years to share scenic photos from their visits. 12 of these images will be shortlisted and featured in a 2022 calendar to be produced and sold in aid of Children’s Hospices Across Scotland (CHAS).
The search began on National Photography Day, Thursday 19 August 2021, and guests who have photos showcasing the stunning scenery at any of the eight hotels in the Crieff Hydro Family are invited to submit them to be part of the limited-edition calendar, which will be available to purchase in all hotels later this year.
The eight hotels within the family are all set in iconic and picturesque Scottish locations with rich histories, making them the perfect backdrop to capture memories for a lifetime.
To kick start the search, owners the Leckie family have shared an image of their own featuring Stephen, his wife and four children against the backdrop of the beautiful scenery at Kingshouse Hotel in Glencoe.
Nic Oldham, Head of Customer and Commercial at Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels, said: “A picture really can speak a thousand words and with many families visiting our hotels for generations, we love to see the memories they capture during their stays.
“The calendar will celebrate the best of Scottish scenery and we know that our guests have captured some stunning landscape shots over the years which we can’t wait to see.
“With a collection of hotels that stretches across Scotland we’re proud to be partnering with CHAS and all proceeds of the calendar will be donated to supporting children and families using its hospices and services across the country.”
Angharad Low, Corporate Partnerships Manager at CHAS said: “We’re so grateful to Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels for choosing to support CHAS with this exciting project! Every penny raised will support families caring for a child with a life-shortening condition right across Scotland, keeping joy alive even in the hardest times.”
Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels is welcoming digital photo submissions now until 3rd September which should be submitted online at https://www.crieffhydrofamily.com/world-photography-day, with details of where and when the photo was taken, which hotel the photographer visited, their name, and any special memories attached to the photo.
- Diesel prices reach record of over £1.80 a litre
- UK Global Screen Fund receives £21m extra funding for three-year extension
- Energy bills shake-up plans to avoid price shocks
- Land and Property Market Survey
- Here’s The Plan…to a realistic, affordable sustainable future
- Rental market at its ‘most competitive’ ever
- Support for fishing and coastal communities
- Public encouraged to take part in National Parks consultation
- Global Business Dinner to showcase the best of Scotland
- Travelknowhow Scotland are delighted to be able to extend their FREE consultancy support package throughout 2022/23
- It’s the people of Perth’s chance to have their say on BBC Debate Night
- New Digital Skills Academy - applications open
- Perth Festival of the Arts
- Auto Services Perth Ltd sponsor Perth Racecourse for the 2022 season
- Electric models drive second-hand car sales higher
- Morrisons rescues McColl's taking on all 16,000 staff
- Inflationary pressure poses huge risk to Scottish businesses
- Focus on tackling the cost of living in Queen's Speech
- New UK sanctions for Russia and Belarus
- UK Capital Allowance Regime - Consultation
- Additional £4 million for the Young Person’s Guarantee
- Latest FPMC funding round announced
- SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Survey Q2 2022
- Azets global SME leaders growth conference - 12th May