China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
CBBC has just confirmed the final programme for their UK-China Consumer Week which will run from 19-23 April.
The week includes a range of sessions from top level trends information to really practical sessions to doing business in China. All of the content sessions are free but there is also a paid-for matchmaking service (£800 for 4 buyer 1-2-1 meetings; £1200 for 8 meetings). NB - The Deadline for matchmaking registration has been extended to - Wed 7th April (there have been some issues with sign-up but these have now all been fixed). Please let Huishan know if you have any queries.
The programme aims to offer something for all companies regardless of what stage you’re at in targeting the China market, with dedicated days for consumer retail companies. Given that companies are not able to travel at the moment, this could be an ideal opportunity to get further information and insights into the China market right at the beginning of the new financial year and before our own programme of activity kicks off in Q2 and Q3.
CBBC’s UK-China Consumer Week (19th-23rd April) https://www.cbbc.org/uk-china-consumer-week-2021
The UK-China Consumer week is an online programme of events designed for consumer brands. This event will not only support UK consumer brands of all sizes strategize their post-pandemic China market presence, but also provide them with live opportunities to engage with e-commerce platforms, trade partners and buyers.
The week‘s programme will feature consumer content, practical guides, digital tools interactive sessions and business-to-business meetings with Chinese buyers and partners as well as a UK Superbrand Day of livestreaming e-commerce dedicated to direct communication with Chinese consumers. Sessions will take place over five consecutive days allowing brands full access to the programme – should they wish- depending on their sector and sales channels. The experience could be all immersive – if a brand joined all five days of content, digital tool interactions and matchmaking, or very targeted - focusing on specific elements of the programme as needed.
Specifically, companies may be interested in signing up for the B2B days and the UK Superbrand Day (links below) which represent great value for access to potential buyers in China. For companies already active in the market, you may benefit from some of the specific insight sessions on digital tools and how to optimise their presence.
Virtual Meet the E-commerce platform and Trade Partner (TP) Day: here
Virtual Meet the China Buyer Day – Retail Brands: here
Virtual Meet the China Buyer Day – Food and Drink: here
UK Superbrand Day – For UK brands selling in China online: here
This flagship China consumer event promises to be a great opportunity for market exploration, strategy enhancement and business development for brands new to China or those in market already looking to expand into new sales channels or augment their brand digital footprint and improve consumer communication. Sign up here!
- Cancellation of The Enchanted Forest 2021
- UK Banking Industry Commits to Access to Cash
- Self-Isolation Support Grant
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Apprentice Transition Plan - Employer Information
- Meet the Buyer - Supplier Development Programme
- Business Feedback Required - Zero Waste Scotland, Green Internship Scheme
- Inspirational Young Person Award - Applications Open
- Alan Titchmarsh backs Balhousie in Bloom
- ‘Extreme’ Social Distancing Rules Risk ‘Irreparably Damaging’ Scotland’s Arts Sector
- BBC Radio 5 Live - Media Opportunity
- Scotland's GDP Grew by 2.3% in Q4 2020
- Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
- Furlough Mistakes Could Prove Costly
- Market and Festival Attendance Fund
- Queens Award for Enterprise 2022 - Applications Open
- Call for Businesses to Support India - Covid-19 Support Campaign
- Tay Cities Food and Drink Expo 2021
- TalentScotland, Business Immigration & Visa Support Service
- Scottish Elections - Party Manifesto Summary
- Marine Fund Scotland - Open Now
- Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY