Castle Water agrees new four-year finance facilities
Castle Water has agreed new financing facilities, provided by Bank of Scotland, HSBC and Santander. The facilities are for a four-year term and include working capital facilities required to pay water charges in advance to water Wholesalers including Thames Water, Scottish Water, South East Water and Portsmouth Water.
Castle Water is the UK’s largest independent water retailer, serving over 300,000 business customers across England and Scotland.
John Reynolds OBE, CEO of Castle Water, said: “This refinancing places Castle Water in a strong position to continue to expand in the UK business water market, with a competitive cost of capital enabling us to continue to offer savings for our customers.
“With financial pressures causing problems for many other utility suppliers, it is important for our customers to know that Castle Water’s financial position is stable, that we have the financial capacity to support our strategy, with a highly credible bank group comprising Bank of Scotland, HSBC and Santander.”
Iolo Morris, Chief Finance Officer, added: “The terms of the financing reflect our strong financial position now the water market has been operating for nearly two years. Castle Water has carefully managed its credit risk, with around 80% of new contracts coming from the English public sector.”
Michael Timmins of EY, whose team undertook due diligence on the transaction, expressed their delight in supporting Castle Water and its entrepreneurial management team in the next stage of its growth: “Castle Water is a great example of a Scottish business successfully leading in the UK market.”
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
- Stone of Destiny Engagement
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross