Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
PERTH-based Carbon Financial are backing an eagerly anticipated event on the Tartan Pro Tour season.
The award-winning financial advisors - long-time members of Perthshire Chamber - are sponsoring the “Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters 2021,” which will see up-and-coming young Scots pros tee-up over the Rosemount and Lansdowne championship courses on September 28 and 29.
The news has been warmly welcomed by 1999 Carnoustie Open winner and former Ryder Cup star Paul Lawrie, who launched the Tartan Pro Tour last year to help provide home-grown talent with a stepping-stone to the top tier.
Lawrie said: “We are delighted to announce Carbon Financial as the presenting sponsor for the Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters 2021 as the second-half of the Tartan Pro Tour season continues.
“Carbon are already closely associated with golf development at Blairgowrie as one of the Perthshire club’s corporate supporters so it’s brilliant to have them involved with the Tartan Pro Tour as we continue to offer opportunities for aspiring male and female golfers to compete and develop, playing at some of Scotland’s best venues.
“The Tour events have been warmly welcomed the professionals to augment schedules and playing opportunities which have been impacted by uncertainty created by the pandemic because of the inability to travel and also as a result of a number of the feeder Tours shutting-down completely.
“I’d personally like to thank Carbon and managing director Gordon Wilson for their ongoing commitment to golf in Scotland and to the next generation of golfing talent.”
Blairgowrie has joined venues like Carnoustie, Muirfield, Royal Aberdeen and The Renaissance as tournament hosts on the 2021 Tour.
Carbon managing director Mr Wilson said: “Paul has done so much for Scottish golf, past present and future, and we are delighted to provide our support for the prestigious September event at Blairgowrie, where we enjoy a long-standing corporate partnership.”
Stuart Wilson, Blairgowrie managing secretary and one of Lawrie’s team of selectors for the rescheduled Junior Ryder Cup in Wisconsin, added: “We are thrilled to host the Tartan Pro Tour event.
“Given the positive feedback we have received since hosting the PGA Championships recently, I’m confident the professionals taking part will enjoy the all-round experience Blairgowrie has to offer.”
Pictured: Gordon Wilson (left), Carbon Financial managing director, and Stuart Wilson, Blairgowrie GC managing secretary, flank former Open champion Paul Lawrie
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels welcomes Drummond Arms Hotel as associated hotel
- Businesses boost Perth Show's virtual showcase
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer