Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
PERTH-based Carbon Financial are backing an eagerly anticipated event on the Tartan Pro Tour season.
The award-winning financial advisors - long-time members of Perthshire Chamber - are sponsoring the “Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters 2021,” which will see up-and-coming young Scots pros tee-up over the Rosemount and Lansdowne championship courses on September 28 and 29.
The news has been warmly welcomed by 1999 Carnoustie Open winner and former Ryder Cup star Paul Lawrie, who launched the Tartan Pro Tour last year to help provide home-grown talent with a stepping-stone to the top tier.
Lawrie said: “We are delighted to announce Carbon Financial as the presenting sponsor for the Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters 2021 as the second-half of the Tartan Pro Tour season continues.
“Carbon are already closely associated with golf development at Blairgowrie as one of the Perthshire club’s corporate supporters so it’s brilliant to have them involved with the Tartan Pro Tour as we continue to offer opportunities for aspiring male and female golfers to compete and develop, playing at some of Scotland’s best venues.
“The Tour events have been warmly welcomed the professionals to augment schedules and playing opportunities which have been impacted by uncertainty created by the pandemic because of the inability to travel and also as a result of a number of the feeder Tours shutting-down completely.
“I’d personally like to thank Carbon and managing director Gordon Wilson for their ongoing commitment to golf in Scotland and to the next generation of golfing talent.”
Blairgowrie has joined venues like Carnoustie, Muirfield, Royal Aberdeen and The Renaissance as tournament hosts on the 2021 Tour.
Carbon managing director Mr Wilson said: “Paul has done so much for Scottish golf, past present and future, and we are delighted to provide our support for the prestigious September event at Blairgowrie, where we enjoy a long-standing corporate partnership.”
Stuart Wilson, Blairgowrie managing secretary and one of Lawrie’s team of selectors for the rescheduled Junior Ryder Cup in Wisconsin, added: “We are thrilled to host the Tartan Pro Tour event.
“Given the positive feedback we have received since hosting the PGA Championships recently, I’m confident the professionals taking part will enjoy the all-round experience Blairgowrie has to offer.”
Pictured: Gordon Wilson (left), Carbon Financial managing director, and Stuart Wilson, Blairgowrie GC managing secretary, flank former Open champion Paul Lawrie
- Diesel prices reach record of over £1.80 a litre
- UK Global Screen Fund receives £21m extra funding for three-year extension
- Energy bills shake-up plans to avoid price shocks
- Land and Property Market Survey
- Here’s The Plan…to a realistic, affordable sustainable future
- Rental market at its ‘most competitive’ ever
- Support for fishing and coastal communities
- Public encouraged to take part in National Parks consultation
- Global Business Dinner to showcase the best of Scotland
- Travelknowhow Scotland are delighted to be able to extend their FREE consultancy support package throughout 2022/23
- It’s the people of Perth’s chance to have their say on BBC Debate Night
- New Digital Skills Academy - applications open
- Perth Festival of the Arts
- Auto Services Perth Ltd sponsor Perth Racecourse for the 2022 season
- Electric models drive second-hand car sales higher
- Morrisons rescues McColl's taking on all 16,000 staff
- Inflationary pressure poses huge risk to Scottish businesses
- Focus on tackling the cost of living in Queen's Speech
- New UK sanctions for Russia and Belarus
- UK Capital Allowance Regime - Consultation
- Additional £4 million for the Young Person’s Guarantee
- Latest FPMC funding round announced
- SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Survey Q2 2022
- Azets global SME leaders growth conference - 12th May