Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
Perthshire Open Studios are delighted to announce the Call to Artists for this year's event which will take place from 4-12 September.
The chance to visit artists in their studios and workshops, all across this beautiful part of Scotland with its inspirational landscape, is something that many visitors look forward to as an joyous annual event.
Sadly, due to the pandemic, last year's event had to be cancelled but in 2021 POS looks forward to seeing familiar faces and welcoming new friends.
Changes have had to be made to the usual format which will give visitors the maximum opportunity to meet artists in the surroundings where they work as well as in our two Showcase Exhibitions.
These exhibitions will be at The Barn Gallery, at The Bield at Blackruthven, and new for this year, Birnam Arts at Dunkeld.
Glenys Andrews, president of Perthshire Open Studios, said: “We’re thrilled to be moving forward with Perthshire Open Studios in September. Clearly it’s been a difficult year for everyone but we are very much hoping that the measures we are taking will enable us to stage a successful and safe event in 2021.”
The Showcase Exhibition in The Bield will be open from Saturday, 28 August to Sunday, 12 September. Set up in a COVID secure environment, it will provide a taster of the art and craftwork of many of our artists as well as hosting four Artists in Residence and our Featured Artist for this year, the world renowned designer and wood sculptor, Angus Ross.
Open from Friday, 3 September to Sunday, 26 September will be our new Showcase Exhibition at Birnam Arts in Dunkeld. Known as The Gateway to the Highlands, this area with its rich history and stunning scenery is the perfect location to visit, to view a sample of the art and craft of POS members and to meet working artists in situ.
There will be no printed brochure this year, but downloadable route maps and information about the artists and their venues will be publicised on the new dynamic website and visitors can be assured of a welcome from all at Perthshire Open Studios.
For more information on how to take part see the P.O.S website - perthshireopenstudios.com
- Cancellation of The Enchanted Forest 2021
- UK Banking Industry Commits to Access to Cash
- Self-Isolation Support Grant
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Apprentice Transition Plan - Employer Information
- Meet the Buyer - Supplier Development Programme
- Business Feedback Required - Zero Waste Scotland, Green Internship Scheme
- Inspirational Young Person Award - Applications Open
- Alan Titchmarsh backs Balhousie in Bloom
- ‘Extreme’ Social Distancing Rules Risk ‘Irreparably Damaging’ Scotland’s Arts Sector
- BBC Radio 5 Live - Media Opportunity
- Scotland's GDP Grew by 2.3% in Q4 2020
- Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
- Furlough Mistakes Could Prove Costly
- Market and Festival Attendance Fund
- Queens Award for Enterprise 2022 - Applications Open
- Call for Businesses to Support India - Covid-19 Support Campaign
- Tay Cities Food and Drink Expo 2021
- TalentScotland, Business Immigration & Visa Support Service
- Scottish Elections - Party Manifesto Summary
- Marine Fund Scotland - Open Now
- Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY