Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
Perthshire Open Studios are delighted to announce the Call to Artists for this year's event which will take place from 4-12 September.
The chance to visit artists in their studios and workshops, all across this beautiful part of Scotland with its inspirational landscape, is something that many visitors look forward to as an joyous annual event.
Sadly, due to the pandemic, last year's event had to be cancelled but in 2021 POS looks forward to seeing familiar faces and welcoming new friends.
Changes have had to be made to the usual format which will give visitors the maximum opportunity to meet artists in the surroundings where they work as well as in our two Showcase Exhibitions.
These exhibitions will be at The Barn Gallery, at The Bield at Blackruthven, and new for this year, Birnam Arts at Dunkeld.
Glenys Andrews, president of Perthshire Open Studios, said: “We’re thrilled to be moving forward with Perthshire Open Studios in September. Clearly it’s been a difficult year for everyone but we are very much hoping that the measures we are taking will enable us to stage a successful and safe event in 2021.”
The Showcase Exhibition in The Bield will be open from Saturday, 28 August to Sunday, 12 September. Set up in a COVID secure environment, it will provide a taster of the art and craftwork of many of our artists as well as hosting four Artists in Residence and our Featured Artist for this year, the world renowned designer and wood sculptor, Angus Ross.
Open from Friday, 3 September to Sunday, 26 September will be our new Showcase Exhibition at Birnam Arts in Dunkeld. Known as The Gateway to the Highlands, this area with its rich history and stunning scenery is the perfect location to visit, to view a sample of the art and craft of POS members and to meet working artists in situ.
There will be no printed brochure this year, but downloadable route maps and information about the artists and their venues will be publicised on the new dynamic website and visitors can be assured of a welcome from all at Perthshire Open Studios.
For more information on how to take part see the P.O.S website - perthshireopenstudios.com
- Gillespie Macandrew appoints legal heavyweight Michael Shaw as chair
- Hydropower Insight
- SCC Annual Business Address - 15th September 2022
- Bin workers at 15 Scottish councils to strike in pay dispute
- Ministers to meet energy giants over cost of living
- RECESSIONARY WINDS AFFLICT CONSTRUCTION SECTOR
- Bank of England to Host Webinar 18 August
- Scottish hotel group renews support for unpaid carers through Respitality initiative
- Honours in Perth and Kinross
- Blackadders LLP Announces Leadership Changes
- Binn Group recognised as Real Living Wage employer
- Bidwells leading the charge with four senior Renewable Energy hires
- Cash withdrawals in the UK soar as people grapple with the rising cost of living
- Firms urge Tory rivals Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss to act now to protect Scots jobs
- ScottishPower to build £150m green hydrogen plant at Port of Felixstowe
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce & Business Groups back youngsters ahead of results day
- Rosebank projected to provide £6.3 billion of investment to the UK
- Breaking: Felixstowe port workers to strike for eight days from August
- Bank of England warns the UK will fall into recession this year
- UK new car sales fell 9% in July as supply chain problems continue
- Energy bills to change every three months to avoid price shocks
- Liz Cameron: Next Prime Minister must put UK economic growth at heart of agenda
- UK interest rates see biggest rise in 27 years
- Training to help safeguard organisations from cyber attacks