Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
Perthshire Open Studios are delighted to announce the Call to Artists for this year's event which will take place from 4-12 September.
The chance to visit artists in their studios and workshops, all across this beautiful part of Scotland with its inspirational landscape, is something that many visitors look forward to as an joyous annual event.
Sadly, due to the pandemic, last year's event had to be cancelled but in 2021 POS looks forward to seeing familiar faces and welcoming new friends.
Changes have had to be made to the usual format which will give visitors the maximum opportunity to meet artists in the surroundings where they work as well as in our two Showcase Exhibitions.
These exhibitions will be at The Barn Gallery, at The Bield at Blackruthven, and new for this year, Birnam Arts at Dunkeld.
Glenys Andrews, president of Perthshire Open Studios, said: “We’re thrilled to be moving forward with Perthshire Open Studios in September. Clearly it’s been a difficult year for everyone but we are very much hoping that the measures we are taking will enable us to stage a successful and safe event in 2021.”
The Showcase Exhibition in The Bield will be open from Saturday, 28 August to Sunday, 12 September. Set up in a COVID secure environment, it will provide a taster of the art and craftwork of many of our artists as well as hosting four Artists in Residence and our Featured Artist for this year, the world renowned designer and wood sculptor, Angus Ross.
Open from Friday, 3 September to Sunday, 26 September will be our new Showcase Exhibition at Birnam Arts in Dunkeld. Known as The Gateway to the Highlands, this area with its rich history and stunning scenery is the perfect location to visit, to view a sample of the art and craft of POS members and to meet working artists in situ.
There will be no printed brochure this year, but downloadable route maps and information about the artists and their venues will be publicised on the new dynamic website and visitors can be assured of a welcome from all at Perthshire Open Studios.
For more information on how to take part see the P.O.S website - perthshireopenstudios.com
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club
- MACNABS TRAINEE INTAKE INCREASES TO FOUR
- Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
- Perth Gym, Club 300, Win UK Active 'Club of the Year'
- Scottish Government Update on Greenports
- Thousands Pedal Across Highland Perthshire at Etape Caledonia 2021
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax