Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
Businesses and investors are being urged to get ready for changes to the UK’s national security regime which will commence fully on 4 January 2022.
The National Security and Investment Act modernises the UK government’s powers to investigate and intervene in mergers, acquisitions and other deals that could threaten the UK’s national security.
The new regime will see investors being given more efficient clearance processes for relevant acquisitions as well as more transparency about what types of deals the government could examine and the processes for doing so.
The regime also means new rules for businesses. Once the Act is commenced, the government will be able to scrutinise and intervene in certain acquisitions made by anyone, including businesses and investors, that could harm the UK’s national security, but the government say the regime will be targeted and proportionate.
Once the Act fully commences, investors planning an acquisition in one of the defined sensitive areas of the UK economy may need to get approval from the government before they can complete it.
Before the new laws are commenced on 4 January 2022 businesses and investors are encouraged to read a range of guidance published by the UK government today, to ensure they understand this new process. More guidance will follow later this year.
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us
- New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
- Smiles All Round for Perthshire's Top Business
- Star Award Scene Setters
- Star Sponsors Revealed
- Business Star Finalists 2017 Announced
- Grand Day at Gleneagles for Chamber Golf Day
- Business Star Awards 2016 - The Results!
- Business finalists selected for Star billing