Monday 22nd to Sunday 28th March
IMPORTANT UPDATES TO GRANT FUNDING INCLUDING NEW DEADLINES
Following the welcome news re the easing of restrictions, we have had notification from the Scottish Government around new deadlines and closing dates for specific funds. Please note that there are a number of these which now differ from the information sent to you last week. We urge you to read carefully.
The Strategic Framework Business Fund
This will close to new applications on 22nd March.
This follows the First Minister’s Statement on 16th March which provided clarity on the easing of restriction and the re-opening of the hospitality, retail and leisure sectors.
Businesses in receipt of financial support will receive their final four-weekly payment through this Fund on 22nd March.
As with previous months, this will consist:
- £2,000 for businesses with a Rateable Value up to £51,000
- £3,000 for businesses with a Rateable Value £51,001 or above
Following this, on the 19th April, all businesses that have been awarded payments via the Strategic Framework Business Fund will automatically receive a combined final two week supplement and a one-off restart grant to help them re-open
How This Will Work
The Scottish Government are replacing the pattern of recurring payments made through the SFBF with these one-off Restart Grants for business in the retail, hospitality and leisure sector specifically to support businesses in meeting the costs associated with the costs of re-opening.
All businesses currently in receipt of support through the Strategic Framework Business Fund will receive the final payment and Restart Grant.
Final Payment Breakdown
(SFBF = Strategic Framework Business Fund. RV = Rateable Value)
Retailers in receipt of SFBF will be eligible for grants as outlined below
- Properties with an RV below £51,000 will be awarded £7000
£6,000 restart grant + £1000 final SFBF payment
- Properties with an RV above £51,001 will be awarded £7500
£6000 restart grant + £1500 final SFBF payment
Hospitality and Leisure in receipt of SFBF will be eligible for grants as outlined below
- Properties with an RV of £15,000 or under will be awarded £9000
£8000 restart grant + £1000 final SFBF payment
- Properties with an RV above £15,001 and below £51,000 will be awarded £13,000
£12,000 restart grant + £1000 final SFBF payment
- Properties with an RV of £51,001 or over will be awarded £19500
£18,000 restart grant + £1500 final SFBF payment
Please do not contact us about these payments. They will be made automatically on the dates outlined to all businesses eligible. Therefore, if you have been in receipt of the four-weekly payments via the Strategic Framework Business Fund, you will receive this.
Other Fund Updates
Small Accommodation Providers Paying Council Tax Fund
- This closing date for this fund is 5pm 22nd March 2021.
Mobile and Home-Based Close Contact Service Providers
- The deadline for applications has been extended to 5pm on 23 March 2021.
Newly Self-Employed Hardship Fund
- The deadline for applications has been extended to 5pm on 23rd March 2021.
Taxi Driver Private Hire Vehicle Driver Support Fund
- The closing date for applications to this scheme has been extended to 5pm on Thursday 25 March.
Important note re Universal Credit and the Taxi Driver Private Hire Vehicle Driver Support Fund
We contacted all licensed taxi and private hire vehicle drivers in our area January to invite them to verify their eligibility for this grant. If you put off replying to the fund because you were unsure how it would affect Universal Credit payments you are receiving, please see below and act now to claim the £1500 grant.
- For those in receipt of Universal Credit, we can confirm that grants received through the Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver Support Fund this will not affect Universal Credit payments.
You will still need to declare the grant to the Department of Work and Pensions, but it will not count towards Universal Credit entitlement.
We have extended the closing date for claims to 25 March 2021.
We understand the significant pressures faced by businesses of all sizes in Perth and Kinross and currently, it is the responsibility of the entire economic development team to process grant applications and to liaise closely with Scottish and UK Governments in order to efficiently roll out new funding schemes as soon as they come on stream.
We’ll continue to produce this Business Bulletin weekly bringing you any important updates, announcements and recovery information in between. Please feel free pass this on to your contacts who can sign up to receive the email via the Invest In Perth website >