Business Star Finalists 2017 Announced
The countdown to this year’s Perthshire Chamber of Commerce Business Star Awards, supported by Binn Group, has begun in earnest as judges reveal their finalists from a record entry of local companies.
The shortlisted entrants for Perthshire’s most prestigious business awards will now be asked to “play their aces” as judges begin the task of visiting and interviewing this year’s finalists.
And Chamber chief executive Vicki Unite said the competition couldn’t be fiercer as one of the most impressive line-ups ever assembled for the Star Awards goes under the spotlight.
“It’s now up to each of those companies shortlisted to convince judges that they have real ‘Star quality’,” she said. “The standard this year is exceptional and the judges’ task will be extraordinarily difficult - any of the finalists could be our ultimate winners.
“Finalists will now meet with their judging panels to showcase themselves to match the high standard of their entry, and provide a stand-out profile of their business as they bid to secure the judges’ vote.”
But Vicki stressed that entrants who have not been shortlisted this year should not be downhearted.
“We were very impressed by the standard of entry - right across the board – and with receiving a really impressive number of entries, whittling down each category to three or four finalists has been an especially tough job,” she said. “Everyone who entered should be extremely proud of their business and what they have achieved to even make them a candidate for the awards.”
Celebrating all aspects of the local business world, the area’s premier Awards will highlight the real “stars” across leading sectors and finalists range from micro business right up to some of the area’s largest employers.
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce also recognises the value of emerging talent and individuals who have proved outstanding in their particular sector will have a chance to shine in the apprentice and employee of the year categories alongside new comer Most Inspirational Business Leader sponsored by Thorntons which will be announced on the night.
Entrants this year include regular Star Awards supporters as well as new faces, with established internationally renowned organisations sharing the shortlisted slots with emerging one man operations and an excellent representation from the whole of Perth and Kinross.
Chamber directors, sponsors and experts from the business world will help unearth the shiniest Stars in one of the country’s most robust judging procedures in the run-up to a glittering showdown at a black tie dinner at Crieff Hydro on Friday, November 24th.
“The Chamber is so proud to be able to showcase the best in the business at our awards dinner,” explained Vicki. “It really is a very exciting evening for everyone and the suspense among the finalists is tangible. Everyone joins in the celebration and acclaim for our winners and that makes for a great atmosphere.
“We’re looking forward to another outstanding celebration of Perthshire’s high achievers this year,” she added.
“As the definitive local business award, Perthshire Business Star Awards continues to attract, showcase, applaud and reward those companies and individuals who are making a real difference.
“Over the years, the PCC Business Star trophies have become much-sought-after targets for companies to achieve,” she added, “and we have rolled out hundreds of examples of business excellence in the form of our winners. This November we will undoubtedly discover some new bright shining Stars.”
This annual celebration of the best in the business world always proves a spectacular night out and tickets (£70 + VAT) can be booked in advance by contacting the Chamber office on 01738 488325 or by email to email@example.com or online at www.businessstarawards.co.uk
Our deserving finalists are:
Developing Young Workforce Perth & Kinross Award
Crieff High School and Remake Scotland
Kinross High School and WSP
Perth High School and Entier
Blackadders Employee of the Year Award
Megan McCole, Eva Lucia
Rachael Prothero, Horsecross Arts
Neil Riley, Kilmac
Perth College UHI Apprentice of the Year Award
Olivia Pardoe, ConsultingM3
Niamh Gilmartin, Perth College UHI
Steven Gardner, Vector Aerospace Component Services UK
Elevator & Business Gateway Most Promising New Business Award
Graham Environmental Services Excellence in Customer Service Award
Deja Hair and Beauty
Premier Properties Perth
Fairways Excellence in Business Innovation Award
The Learning Cauldron
Urban Union Commitment to the Community Award
Hunters of Kinross
The St. Johnstone Community Trust
The Enchanted Forest Excellence in Tourism & Leisure Award
Dewar's Aberfeldy Distillery
The Old Manse of Blair
Stagecoach Group Contribution to Sustainability Award
DWK Office Solutions Beyond Scotland Award
Johnston Carmichael Chartered Accountants Business Growth Award
Perthshire Advertiser Independent Retailer of the Year Award
The Original Chair Company
Castle Water Excellence in Food & Drink Produce Award
Allan’s Chilli Products
Good Life Farming
Farquhar & Son Employer of the Year
Louisa Clements Professional Haircare
Thorntons Most Inspirational Business Leader
To be announced on the night.
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 19th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 16th November 2020
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Thursday 12th November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 11th November 2020
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 10th November 2020
- Scot Gov COVID Update: Perth and Kinross Tier Three from Friday 13th Nov 2020