Business Star Finalists 2017 Announced
The countdown to this year’s Perthshire Chamber of Commerce Business Star Awards, supported by Binn Group, has begun in earnest as judges reveal their finalists from a record entry of local companies.
The shortlisted entrants for Perthshire’s most prestigious business awards will now be asked to “play their aces” as judges begin the task of visiting and interviewing this year’s finalists.
And Chamber chief executive Vicki Unite said the competition couldn’t be fiercer as one of the most impressive line-ups ever assembled for the Star Awards goes under the spotlight.
“It’s now up to each of those companies shortlisted to convince judges that they have real ‘Star quality’,” she said. “The standard this year is exceptional and the judges’ task will be extraordinarily difficult - any of the finalists could be our ultimate winners.
“Finalists will now meet with their judging panels to showcase themselves to match the high standard of their entry, and provide a stand-out profile of their business as they bid to secure the judges’ vote.”
But Vicki stressed that entrants who have not been shortlisted this year should not be downhearted.
“We were very impressed by the standard of entry - right across the board – and with receiving a really impressive number of entries, whittling down each category to three or four finalists has been an especially tough job,” she said. “Everyone who entered should be extremely proud of their business and what they have achieved to even make them a candidate for the awards.”
Celebrating all aspects of the local business world, the area’s premier Awards will highlight the real “stars” across leading sectors and finalists range from micro business right up to some of the area’s largest employers.
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce also recognises the value of emerging talent and individuals who have proved outstanding in their particular sector will have a chance to shine in the apprentice and employee of the year categories alongside new comer Most Inspirational Business Leader sponsored by Thorntons which will be announced on the night.
Entrants this year include regular Star Awards supporters as well as new faces, with established internationally renowned organisations sharing the shortlisted slots with emerging one man operations and an excellent representation from the whole of Perth and Kinross.
Chamber directors, sponsors and experts from the business world will help unearth the shiniest Stars in one of the country’s most robust judging procedures in the run-up to a glittering showdown at a black tie dinner at Crieff Hydro on Friday, November 24th.
“The Chamber is so proud to be able to showcase the best in the business at our awards dinner,” explained Vicki. “It really is a very exciting evening for everyone and the suspense among the finalists is tangible. Everyone joins in the celebration and acclaim for our winners and that makes for a great atmosphere.
“We’re looking forward to another outstanding celebration of Perthshire’s high achievers this year,” she added.
“As the definitive local business award, Perthshire Business Star Awards continues to attract, showcase, applaud and reward those companies and individuals who are making a real difference.
“Over the years, the PCC Business Star trophies have become much-sought-after targets for companies to achieve,” she added, “and we have rolled out hundreds of examples of business excellence in the form of our winners. This November we will undoubtedly discover some new bright shining Stars.”
This annual celebration of the best in the business world always proves a spectacular night out and tickets (£70 + VAT) can be booked in advance by contacting the Chamber office on 01738 488325 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.businessstarawards.co.uk
Our deserving finalists are:
Developing Young Workforce Perth & Kinross Award
Crieff High School and Remake Scotland
Kinross High School and WSP
Perth High School and Entier
Blackadders Employee of the Year Award
Megan McCole, Eva Lucia
Rachael Prothero, Horsecross Arts
Neil Riley, Kilmac
Perth College UHI Apprentice of the Year Award
Olivia Pardoe, ConsultingM3
Niamh Gilmartin, Perth College UHI
Steven Gardner, Vector Aerospace Component Services UK
Elevator & Business Gateway Most Promising New Business Award
Graham Environmental Services Excellence in Customer Service Award
Deja Hair and Beauty
Premier Properties Perth
Fairways Excellence in Business Innovation Award
The Learning Cauldron
Urban Union Commitment to the Community Award
Hunters of Kinross
The St. Johnstone Community Trust
The Enchanted Forest Excellence in Tourism & Leisure Award
Dewar's Aberfeldy Distillery
The Old Manse of Blair
Stagecoach Group Contribution to Sustainability Award
DWK Office Solutions Beyond Scotland Award
Johnston Carmichael Chartered Accountants Business Growth Award
Perthshire Advertiser Independent Retailer of the Year Award
The Original Chair Company
Castle Water Excellence in Food & Drink Produce Award
Allan’s Chilli Products
Good Life Farming
Farquhar & Son Employer of the Year
Louisa Clements Professional Haircare
Thorntons Most Inspirational Business Leader
To be announced on the night.
- Data Protection Recap & Review
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Responds to UK Budget
- SCOTTISH CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE SURVEY ILLUSTRATES ROBUST TRADING PERFORMANCE, BUT MANUFACTURING CONFIDENCE AND OVERALL INVESTMENT FALL AMID RISING MATERIAL COSTS AND UNCERTAIN POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT
- Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE IN SCOTLAND DIPS
- Bootcamp for companies new to Trading Internationally - Perth
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us
- New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
- Smiles All Round for Perthshire's Top Business
- Star Award Scene Setters
- Star Sponsors Revealed
- Business Star Finalists 2017 Announced
- Grand Day at Gleneagles for Chamber Golf Day
- Business Star Awards 2016 - The Results!