Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
Stagecoach’s bus drivers are leading the way in a prestigious global performance measurement programme for the seventh consecutive year.
- 314 Stagecoach employees across East Scotland achieved GreenRoad Fleet Elite status
- Advanced safety & telematics system continuously checks driving manoeuvres & helps improve fuel efficiency
A total of 314 Stagecoach drivers across from Stagecoach East Scotland have been awarded Fleet Elite status and a special badge, under a comprehensive driving safety measurement programme managed by GreenRoad, whose safety & telematics system serves professional drivers in the UK, Ireland, Europe, the Middle East, America, Australia and New Zealand.
Of the 314 drivers receiving an award this year, 18 were awarded Gold status, 58 were awarded Silver and 108 received a Bronze certificate.
The remaining 130 drivers achieved the prestigious Master Fleet Elite status, meaning that they have maintained the Fleet Elite rating for four or more consecutive years.
GreenRoad’s safety system has been installed on all Stagecoach vehicles and has proven to be extremely effective in helping drivers improve their skills. Using a simple traffic-light LED system on the dashboard, GreenRoad gives drivers instant feedback about their driving manoeuvres, encouraging smoother, safer, and more fuel-efficient driving.
To gain Fleet Elite status, drivers must achieve an average of five or fewer events, such as harsh braking or acceleration, per 10 hours of driving over the entire calendar year.
Stagecoach East Scotland Operations Director, David Frenz said: “To see so many of our drivers receive Master Fleet Elite status is a real testament to the quality of our team in East Scotland and their commitment to driving safely. The scheme is great for our drivers and has real benefits for the environment too.”
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Deepen Dubai Connections at Landmark Bi-lateral Chamber Exchange
- COVID-19 Booster Programme
- First Minister’s COVID-19 Omicron Variant Briefing 10:30am 29/11/2021
- 'Back for the Future' Business Star Awards
- Scottish business taking green energy message to the world
- SCC respond to Scottish Government COVID-19 update
- PEST CONTROL FIRM TEES-UP NEW ROLE
- Scotland is Open
- Stagecoach announces free travel for veterans and military personnel across the UK on Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels celebrates staff with a smile
- Perth based Carbon Financial is celebrating a landmark industry accolade
- Scottish Careers Week: 'Shape The Future' Webinar
- SCC Network - QEI Update
- Macnabs Will Aid Fundraising Event
- Pitlochry care home gets into the Autumn spirit with its own Tattie Bogle and a visit from Yarn Bombers
- KILMAC SPREADING ITS WINGS
- SCC Reaction to UK Budget 2021
- Plans for £33.8 million leisure-led development at Perthshire submitted to the Council
- Stephen Leckie honoured with HIT Industry Award 2021
- Thorntons Recruit Five New Solicitors
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club