Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
Stagecoach’s bus drivers are leading the way in a prestigious global performance measurement programme for the seventh consecutive year.
- 314 Stagecoach employees across East Scotland achieved GreenRoad Fleet Elite status
- Advanced safety & telematics system continuously checks driving manoeuvres & helps improve fuel efficiency
A total of 314 Stagecoach drivers across from Stagecoach East Scotland have been awarded Fleet Elite status and a special badge, under a comprehensive driving safety measurement programme managed by GreenRoad, whose safety & telematics system serves professional drivers in the UK, Ireland, Europe, the Middle East, America, Australia and New Zealand.
Of the 314 drivers receiving an award this year, 18 were awarded Gold status, 58 were awarded Silver and 108 received a Bronze certificate.
The remaining 130 drivers achieved the prestigious Master Fleet Elite status, meaning that they have maintained the Fleet Elite rating for four or more consecutive years.
GreenRoad’s safety system has been installed on all Stagecoach vehicles and has proven to be extremely effective in helping drivers improve their skills. Using a simple traffic-light LED system on the dashboard, GreenRoad gives drivers instant feedback about their driving manoeuvres, encouraging smoother, safer, and more fuel-efficient driving.
To gain Fleet Elite status, drivers must achieve an average of five or fewer events, such as harsh braking or acceleration, per 10 hours of driving over the entire calendar year.
Stagecoach East Scotland Operations Director, David Frenz said: “To see so many of our drivers receive Master Fleet Elite status is a real testament to the quality of our team in East Scotland and their commitment to driving safely. The scheme is great for our drivers and has real benefits for the environment too.”
- Cancellation of The Enchanted Forest 2021
- UK Banking Industry Commits to Access to Cash
- Self-Isolation Support Grant
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Apprentice Transition Plan - Employer Information
- Meet the Buyer - Supplier Development Programme
- Business Feedback Required - Zero Waste Scotland, Green Internship Scheme
- Inspirational Young Person Award - Applications Open
- Alan Titchmarsh backs Balhousie in Bloom
- ‘Extreme’ Social Distancing Rules Risk ‘Irreparably Damaging’ Scotland’s Arts Sector
- BBC Radio 5 Live - Media Opportunity
- Scotland's GDP Grew by 2.3% in Q4 2020
- Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
- Furlough Mistakes Could Prove Costly
- Market and Festival Attendance Fund
- Queens Award for Enterprise 2022 - Applications Open
- Call for Businesses to Support India - Covid-19 Support Campaign
- Tay Cities Food and Drink Expo 2021
- TalentScotland, Business Immigration & Visa Support Service
- Scottish Elections - Party Manifesto Summary
- Marine Fund Scotland - Open Now
- Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY