The UK’s impending departure from the European Union will bring change for businesses of every size and sector.
While some companies are already planning for the challenges and opportunities ahead, Chambers of Commerce believe that all firms – not just those directly and immediately affected – should be undertaking a Brexit 'health check' , and a broader test of existing business plans.
Time spent thinking through the changes that Brexit may bring to your firm could yield real dividends in future. While the final settlement between the UK and the European Union is still to be negotiated, there are steps that businesses of all sizes can take now to start planning ahead. Have you / your management team devoted time to considering the potential consequences of Brexit – direct or indirect – on your businesses?
If you have one, have you consulted with your Board of Directors on Brexit – or scheduled an opportunity to do so? Have you mapped your supplier and customer base – and considered how changes in the UK-EU trade relationship could affect them?
A significant number of firms are either watching and waiting – or taking no action at all.
This guide addresses aspects for consideration and we hope you find it useful as a basis for business planning at both operational and Board level. Have you checked to see if your sector is included in the planning notices issued by the UK Government and European Commission?
These links also take you to guidance and support:
British Chambers of Commerce: https://www.britishchambers.org.uk/page/brexit/business-brexit-checklist
Your firm doesn’t have to navigate Brexit alone. Contact Perthshire Chamber of Commerce to find out how your Chamber can support you.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 26th October 2020
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 23 Oct 2020
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 22nd Oct 2020
- From Piste to Perthshire: Gleneagles launches Winter Playground Passes
- Scottish Government Daily Update 21st October
- Eight Trainees Secure Permanent Positions with Thorntons
- Tayside Mountain Rescue Funds Boosted by £10,000 Donation
- Diversifying Your Employment for an Inclusive Perth
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 20th Oct 2020
- Alm College Virtual Open Lecture Event: Basic Income - Security in a time of Pandemic
- Thorntons Charity Wills Campaign goes virtual for 2020
- Landlord Webinar: Covid19, Where are we now and what next for landlords?
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communication Update - 19th Oct 2020
- The Glenturret, Scotland’s Oldest Working Distillery launches its new range
- Gov.Scot: COVID-19 Communications Update - 16th Oct 2020
- Gov.Scot: COVID-19 Communications Update - 15th Oct 2020
- Circular Tayside Charter
- Invitation: Perth: The most sustainable small city in Europe - what will it take?
- Scottish Government Daily Evening Update 13th October 2020
- Scottish Government: (Circular) Consultation launched on banning common single-use plastic items.
- Balhousie Care Group launches new employee benefits programme
- Thorntons: Property market boom shows no signs of stopping
- BlueSky Experiences : COVID-19 As A Catalyst for Change Webinar 30 September
- Summary of the COVID measures announced today by First Minister (updated 1804)