Bootcamp for companies new to Trading Internationally - Perth
Are you a Scottish business who would like to start to trade internationally? Get ready to grow your business abroad with our help.
Tay Cities Partnership, Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, Business Gateway, Scottish Development International and Dundee and Angus Chamber of Commerce are hosting an introductory bootcamp in Perth on the 11th October 2018.
Learn how to reach international markets with confidence and get practical know-how on international market opportunities, routes to market and international finance, contracts and logistics. It’s the perfect primer for a company new to exporting thinking about international growth.
What are the benefits?
- How to effectively research and exploit international opportunities
- What market entry options are right for your business
- Hints and tips for effective international marketing
- How to develop your value proposition for your international customer
- How to effectively navigate some of the technical aspects of exporting including export documentation, and developing your international pricing strategy to what currency to be paid in
- Next steps for your business
You will also benefit from having the resources to develop your own online international action plan to implement into your business and have the opportunity to network with other like-minded businesses.
Where and When?
Our Bootcamp for companies new to trading internationally is run over one day and will be held at Perth and Kinross Business Gateway, Saltire House, 3 Whitefriars Cres, Perth, PH2 0PA from 9.30 to 5.00 pm.
Scottish Enterprise's Preparing to Export Programme is fully funded to Scottish companies and is part funded through the European Structural and Investment Funds (Investing in a Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Future). You should note that this support is a form of state aid, and on attendance it will count towards your overall De Minimis allowance.
Who should attend?
If you’re an ambitious company ready to take on the challenge of developing your business internationally and your export capability, then this is for you. It’s fully funded and open to all businesses, whatever size or sector, except for intermediaries or suppliers of international trade services.
9.30 to 5.00 pm
Session One: Market Analysis and Research
- The export opportunity for Scottish companies
- The decision to export, and planning for export success – opportunities and challenges including starting to prepare for Brexit and the implications
- The importance of good export market research in selecting your priority export markets, and sources of research and support available to you
Session Two: Routes to Market
- The pros and cons of the different routes to market
- Effective pricing for international markets
- 1-2-1 Action Plan Support
Session Three: International Marketing
- Developing your export market proposition
- The role of International Exhibitions and Trade Shows
- Cultural and Language considerations
Session Four: Legal and Technical Aspects of Exporting
- Agency and Distribution Agreements
- Protecting Yourself in International Markets
- Export contracts and key export documentation
- Logistics, labelling and IP considerations
- Sources of support and help
Session Five: Completion of Your Export Plan and One to One’s with an Export Adviser
- 1-2-1 Company Support and Completion of Your Export Action Plan - all attendees will be helped to prepare an Export Action Plan to help them to achieve their objectives and understand how this fits into their overall strategy for export
- Presentation of individual Export Action Plans and Feedback
How to attend:
Places are limited so sign up quickly to secure your place.
Here’s how previous attendees to recent one day export workshops benefitted:
“Mapped out all the areas; helps stop us from missing an area and minimising risk” (Edinburgh Beer Factory)
“Good coverage of exporting. Really useful to signpost all resources available. Conveyed pitfalls and risks of exporting. Excellent speaker – knowledgeable and engaging (Lessels)
Privacy - Your personal information is processed by us in accordance with our privacy notice and data protection legislation. You can find more information by visiting our privacy notice here.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, Scottish Enterprise, Scottish Government and Highlands and Islands Enterprise cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions in the information supplied, or for the content of any website that the email above may contain links to, and does not endorse any business or individual that may be referred to above.
- Stephen Leckie honoured with HIT Industry Award 2021
- Thorntons Recruit Five New Solicitors
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club
- MACNABS TRAINEE INTAKE INCREASES TO FOUR
- Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
- Perth Gym, Club 300, Win UK Active 'Club of the Year'
- Scottish Government Update on Greenports
- Thousands Pedal Across Highland Perthshire at Etape Caledonia 2021
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks