Bootcamp for companies new to Trading Internationally - Perth
Are you a Scottish business who would like to start to trade internationally? Get ready to grow your business abroad with our help.
Tay Cities Partnership, Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, Business Gateway, Scottish Development International and Dundee and Angus Chamber of Commerce are hosting an introductory bootcamp in Perth on the 11th October 2018.
Learn how to reach international markets with confidence and get practical know-how on international market opportunities, routes to market and international finance, contracts and logistics. It’s the perfect primer for a company new to exporting thinking about international growth.
What are the benefits?
- How to effectively research and exploit international opportunities
- What market entry options are right for your business
- Hints and tips for effective international marketing
- How to develop your value proposition for your international customer
- How to effectively navigate some of the technical aspects of exporting including export documentation, and developing your international pricing strategy to what currency to be paid in
- Next steps for your business
You will also benefit from having the resources to develop your own online international action plan to implement into your business and have the opportunity to network with other like-minded businesses.
Where and When?
Our Bootcamp for companies new to trading internationally is run over one day and will be held at Perth and Kinross Business Gateway, Saltire House, 3 Whitefriars Cres, Perth, PH2 0PA from 9.30 to 5.00 pm.
Scottish Enterprise's Preparing to Export Programme is fully funded to Scottish companies and is part funded through the European Structural and Investment Funds (Investing in a Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Future). You should note that this support is a form of state aid, and on attendance it will count towards your overall De Minimis allowance.
Who should attend?
If you’re an ambitious company ready to take on the challenge of developing your business internationally and your export capability, then this is for you. It’s fully funded and open to all businesses, whatever size or sector, except for intermediaries or suppliers of international trade services.
9.30 to 5.00 pm
Session One: Market Analysis and Research
- The export opportunity for Scottish companies
- The decision to export, and planning for export success – opportunities and challenges including starting to prepare for Brexit and the implications
- The importance of good export market research in selecting your priority export markets, and sources of research and support available to you
Session Two: Routes to Market
- The pros and cons of the different routes to market
- Effective pricing for international markets
- 1-2-1 Action Plan Support
Session Three: International Marketing
- Developing your export market proposition
- The role of International Exhibitions and Trade Shows
- Cultural and Language considerations
Session Four: Legal and Technical Aspects of Exporting
- Agency and Distribution Agreements
- Protecting Yourself in International Markets
- Export contracts and key export documentation
- Logistics, labelling and IP considerations
- Sources of support and help
Session Five: Completion of Your Export Plan and One to One’s with an Export Adviser
- 1-2-1 Company Support and Completion of Your Export Action Plan - all attendees will be helped to prepare an Export Action Plan to help them to achieve their objectives and understand how this fits into their overall strategy for export
- Presentation of individual Export Action Plans and Feedback
How to attend:
Places are limited so sign up quickly to secure your place.
Here’s how previous attendees to recent one day export workshops benefitted:
“Mapped out all the areas; helps stop us from missing an area and minimising risk” (Edinburgh Beer Factory)
“Good coverage of exporting. Really useful to signpost all resources available. Conveyed pitfalls and risks of exporting. Excellent speaker – knowledgeable and engaging (Lessels)
Privacy - Your personal information is processed by us in accordance with our privacy notice and data protection legislation. You can find more information by visiting our privacy notice here.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, Scottish Enterprise, Scottish Government and Highlands and Islands Enterprise cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions in the information supplied, or for the content of any website that the email above may contain links to, and does not endorse any business or individual that may be referred to above.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Prince Charles launches 'earth charter' for businesses tackling nature and climate crises
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 18th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Received Friday 15
- Latest Scottish Government Daily Update Received Thursday 14th January 2021
- Charity Begins at Home
- Thorntons: Employment Law Webinar - Are you Ready for 2021?
- Scottish Government Daily Update : Wednesday 13th January 2021
- Blackadders: 7th January 2021 The Law behind the Headlines: New mother wins payout of up to £9k after she was left out of Christmas party while on maternity leave’ (Mirror online, 6 January 2021))
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Tuesday 12th January 2021
- £10m DigitalBoost Grant Now Open For Applications
- Circular Tayside: New Partnership Launches Initiative to Mobilise Natural & Cultural Heritage for Climate Action
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 11th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 8th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Thursday 7th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Travel for All Our Tomorrows £82,640 of investment secured to develop a second stage of Regenerative Tourism experiences in the new Cateran Ecomuseum
- The Malting House Dundee design studio comes of age
- Circular Tayside: Take a look at this inspiring Triple A plan from the MDG group that covers sustainability and circular economy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Wednesday 6th January 2021
- Tippermuir Books has the pleasure of being the publisher for The Black Watch & the Great War.
- Senior promotions at Thorntons Solicitors
- SCOTTISH SMEs REMAIN COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY DESPITE COVID-19
- PKC Place Management Team: FAO Independent Retailers, Restaurants and Public Facing Businesses in Perth and Kinross. 6 Jan 2021.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 5th December 2020