Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
PERTHSHIRE-based Graham Pest Control celebrated double success at a black-tie industry awards ceremony held at the House of Commons in London.
The Blairgowrie family firm spearheaded by brothers Ross and Stuart Graham was hailed the Syngenta 2021 UK Pest Business of the Year in the inaugural National Pest Awards.
The long-time members of Perthshire Chamber of Commerce also captured the Large Company of the Year accolade.
The event, staged by Pest magazine and backed by several leading industry organisations, showcased the best of British in the fast-expanding pest control sector.
Ross Graham, a past president of Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, was thrilled with the twin awards.
“The business was started by our late father Jimmy and mum Anna back in 1993 and he’d have been more proud than anyone to see it receiving these national awards,” he said.
“He’d have said it wasn’t bad going for a wee Blairgowrie business, even if we are now the largest independent pest control firm in Scotland.
“We’d like to thank all our staff and many customers for their part in the development of the company, especially those who have been with us for much of the journey and who stood by us during the pandemic and the challenges posed by lockdown.”
Graham Pest Control employs 65 members of staff at their Blairgowrie headquarters and satellite bases in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness, with the Graham Environmental Services Group workforce nudging towards 100.
Clients include local authorities, leading hotels and golf clubs and top flight football clubs, including St Johnstone and Dundee United.
Ross Graham of Graham Pest Control (centre) accepts the 2021 UK Pest Business of the Year award from comedian and host Justin Moorhouse and Daniel Lightfoot of sponsors Syngenta. Pic: Naomi Gabrielle Photography.
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club
- MACNABS TRAINEE INTAKE INCREASES TO FOUR
- Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
- Perth Gym, Club 300, Win UK Active 'Club of the Year'
- Scottish Government Update on Greenports
- Thousands Pedal Across Highland Perthshire at Etape Caledonia 2021
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax