Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
PERTHSHIRE-based Graham Pest Control celebrated double success at a black-tie industry awards ceremony held at the House of Commons in London.
The Blairgowrie family firm spearheaded by brothers Ross and Stuart Graham was hailed the Syngenta 2021 UK Pest Business of the Year in the inaugural National Pest Awards.
The long-time members of Perthshire Chamber of Commerce also captured the Large Company of the Year accolade.
The event, staged by Pest magazine and backed by several leading industry organisations, showcased the best of British in the fast-expanding pest control sector.
Ross Graham, a past president of Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, was thrilled with the twin awards.
“The business was started by our late father Jimmy and mum Anna back in 1993 and he’d have been more proud than anyone to see it receiving these national awards,” he said.
“He’d have said it wasn’t bad going for a wee Blairgowrie business, even if we are now the largest independent pest control firm in Scotland.
“We’d like to thank all our staff and many customers for their part in the development of the company, especially those who have been with us for much of the journey and who stood by us during the pandemic and the challenges posed by lockdown.”
Graham Pest Control employs 65 members of staff at their Blairgowrie headquarters and satellite bases in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness, with the Graham Environmental Services Group workforce nudging towards 100.
Clients include local authorities, leading hotels and golf clubs and top flight football clubs, including St Johnstone and Dundee United.
Ross Graham of Graham Pest Control (centre) accepts the 2021 UK Pest Business of the Year award from comedian and host Justin Moorhouse and Daniel Lightfoot of sponsors Syngenta. Pic: Naomi Gabrielle Photography.
- Graham + Sibbald Open Dunfermline Office
- Why Should Companies Make the Move to Electric Cars?
- Something for Everyone at Blair Horse Trials 2022
- Blackadders LLP Employment Law Team Shortlisted for the Scottish Legal Awards
- Scotland’s Onshore GDP Decreased by 0.5% in April
- Energy Bill and Tax Rebate Scams on the Rise
- Steel import tariffs extended for two years
- MSPs Back Making Emergency Covid Powers Permanent
- Inflation pushes UK government interest costs to May record
- Second 24-hour rail walkout after talks collapse
- British Airways Heathrow staff back summer strikes over pay
- People cut back on food shopping as price rises bite
- New £2m fund to cut environmental impact of textiles
- New £200 million to back innovative agriculture projects
- Landlord warning over making Covid eviction laws permanent
- G7 Leaders detail $600bn plan to rival China's Belt and Road initiative
- Independent report into funding for tax and welfare devolution
- Scottish councils given powers to run own bus services
- Royal Mail workers to vote on strike over pay
- Scottish film industry projected to grow to £1 billion by 2030
- Scottish Government announces £10m investment in net-zero energy
- 19 October 2023 proposed as date for second Scottish Independence Referendum
- Great Perthshire Festival 2022
- Courier Awards