Binn Group Golf Day Champions Local Charities
Perthshire-based resource management company Binn Group teed up the perfect round of fundraising for local charities when they staged their Charity Golf Day.
Children's Hospices Across Scotland (CHAS) at Rachel House in Kinross and Cornhill Macmillan Centre at Perth Royal Infirmary each received almost £5,000 following a day of competition over the championship Rosemount Course at Blairgowrie Golf Club.
Eighteen teams of staff, suppliers, customers and local businesses took part in the event to support Binn Group's charity causes.
Emerging victorious as the four ball champions were Breeden.
The day's fundraising was bolstered by a Beat The Pro competition, raffle and charity auction with prizes donated by a raft of supportive businesses and organisations.
Presenting cheques to both charities, Binn Group Commercial Director Jim Brown said he was hugely grateful to all those who contributed to making the day such a success.
"Everyone who took part or donated has allowed us to support both Rachel House and Cornhill Macmillan Centre carry out their incredible work, supporting people and their families at the hardest point in their lives.
"It's good to know that the money raised will help them continue to provide these essential services."
Receiving the donation from Binn Group, a grateful Angharad Low, Corporate Partnerships Manager at CHAS, said:
"Binn Group's generous donation will allow us to continue providing a range of support services at Rachel House in Kinross, including the hydrotherapy room, as well as memory experiences, respite care and bereavement support.
"This will help us ensure the time families spend together is filled with happiness and fun, no matter how short it may be."
Karen Thomson, Voluntary Services Manager at Cornhill Macmillan Centre where they provide bespoke specialist palliative care services for patients and those who support them,, echoed that gratitude.
"Like many charities, we found fundraising and donations were drastically reduced during the pandemic," she said.
"Binn Group's donation will make all the difference to the help and support we can offer, including providing wheelchair accessible taxis and offering complementary therapies at home when people are too unwell to travel."
- Gillespie Macandrew appoints legal heavyweight Michael Shaw as chair
- Hydropower Insight
- SCC Annual Business Address - 15th September 2022
- Bin workers at 15 Scottish councils to strike in pay dispute
- Ministers to meet energy giants over cost of living
- RECESSIONARY WINDS AFFLICT CONSTRUCTION SECTOR
- Bank of England to Host Webinar 18 August
- Scottish hotel group renews support for unpaid carers through Respitality initiative
- Honours in Perth and Kinross
- Blackadders LLP Announces Leadership Changes
- Binn Group recognised as Real Living Wage employer
- Bidwells leading the charge with four senior Renewable Energy hires
- Cash withdrawals in the UK soar as people grapple with the rising cost of living
- Firms urge Tory rivals Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss to act now to protect Scots jobs
- ScottishPower to build £150m green hydrogen plant at Port of Felixstowe
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce & Business Groups back youngsters ahead of results day
- Rosebank projected to provide £6.3 billion of investment to the UK
- Breaking: Felixstowe port workers to strike for eight days from August
- Bank of England warns the UK will fall into recession this year
- UK new car sales fell 9% in July as supply chain problems continue
- Energy bills to change every three months to avoid price shocks
- Liz Cameron: Next Prime Minister must put UK economic growth at heart of agenda
- UK interest rates see biggest rise in 27 years
- Training to help safeguard organisations from cyber attacks