Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
The Barrie Douglas Foundation has been boosted by a near £1000 donation from the Perthshire Chamber of Commerce.
The locally-based charity was chosen to benefit from the Carbon-backed 2019 Chamber Golf Day held at Pitlochry Golf Club over the summer.
The Fair City finance firm has supported the sell-out event for the last eight years.
Chamber chief executive Vicki Unite said: “We are delighted to support the Barrie Douglas Foundation, which is doing so much good work nurturing young sporting talent.”
The Foundation was set-up in memory of the 69-year-old Perth businessman who died two years ago after taking ill while captaining Scottish Golf’s European Boys at the Team Championship in La Manga.
The aim was to ensure he was remembered fondly through support for youth sport.
Vicki said: “Barrie was well-known in the business community and a regular at Chamber events down the years.”
Carbon managing director Gordon Wilson added: “It seemed entirely appropriate that the annual Perthshire Chamber Golf Day should support the Foundation.
“Barrie was a hugely influential figure in Scottish youth golf and we have been proud to support many of the events and fundraisers put together by the trustees in his memory.”
Passionate in promoting junior golf, the one-time Scottish boys international and champion at Blairgowrie and Craigie Hill golf clubs, also served with Perth and Kinross County and as a GB&I selector for the R&A.
“The business community in Perth and Kinross and beyond has been incredibly supportive and we are thrilled to have been singled out for backing from Perthshire Chamber and Carbon,” said trustee Jennifer Davidson.
Gordon Wilson, Carbon managing director, presents a cheque to Barrie Douglas Foundation trustee Jennifer Davidson at the Business Star Awards held at Crieff Hydro. The charity was selected to benefit from the Chamber's annual Golf Day. Also pictured (from left) are trustees
Spencer Henderson, Scottish U18 national boys golf coach, Charlie Gallagher, Vicki Unite (Chamber chief executive) and Alan Cargill. Pic: PPA
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access
- New recruitment drive for tourism and hospitality sectors
- Visit Scotland launch summer staycation campaign
- Latest SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Results
- Archie's Appeal For Summer: Enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
- New LNER Timetable Consultation
- Lindsays: Scottish employee ownership deals set to double
- Thorntons: Achievements recognised with firm’s biggest wave of legal promotions