Bank of Scotland names new head of commercial banking
Bank of Scotland has appointed a new Head of Commercial Banking, responsible for all the Bank’s business clients in Scotland.
Alasdair Gardner is returning to Bank of Scotland after a successful three-year secondment with Lloyds Banking Group as its Head of Global Corporates in North America.
Prior to that he had enjoyed a career lasting almost 30 years with Bank of Scotland.
Alasdair has also been named Head of Industrials, reporting into Scott Barton, Managing Director Large Corporates, where he will use the wealth of experience he has earned to support Lloyds Banking Group’s large corporate clients in the industrials sector.
Alasdair said: “Scotland’s business community has an exceptional international reputation, rooted in heritage and driven by an innovative outlook. I fully intend to use what I’ve learned during a rewarding secondment in North America to support the ambitious firms that underpin this reputation.
“We’ve pledged to lend £1.6bn to Scottish firms during 2019 so that they can take advantage of the opportunities that emerge as we continue to navigate through a dynamic political and economic environment.
“Scottish businesses are increasingly confident about their prospects and the Bank has a vital role to play in ensuring they achieve their full potential, creating jobs and helping Scotland prosper.
“I’m looking forward to meeting with our customers up and down the country to learn more about their ambitions and how the bank can continue to support them as effectively as possible.”
Dundee-schooled Alasdair joined Bank of Scotland as a graduate trainee in 1987 and has held a variety of senior positions, including heading up the oil and gas industry team and the Bank’s acquisition finance offering.
Alasdair is also a member of the Bank of Scotland Executive Committee and a trustee of the Bank of Scotland Foundation.
Philip Grant, chairman of Lloyds Banking Group's Scottish Executive Committee, said: “We warmly welcome Alasdair back to home turf following a successful secondment to the group’s North American business. I’m confident he’ll use his considerable expertise and experience to excel in a new leadership role within the Commercial Bank.
“His reputation in this market is second to none. He is committed to championing and supporting Scottish businesses of all sizes, with an unparalleled understanding of the nation’s business landscape.”
- Save your organisation money and food waste with free, tailored Zero Waste
- 2nd September 2020 Scottish Government Daily Briefing
- Attention all food businesses: Free Zero Waste Scotland e-module helps your business fight food waste and increase efficiency
- The future of furniture: Circular Solutions for a post Covid world- 22.09.2020
- My Reflections on Home Working, by Jack Boyle, Director, Blackadders
- Please take part in the Perth and Kinross Business Barometer Survey - Closes 3rd September 2020
- Perthshire Care Home Welcomes the 'Incredible' Circus to Entertain Residents
- URGENT update from NHS Tayside about a COVID-19 Outbreak at 2Sisters in Coupar Angus
- Upcoming Webinar by Thorntons: Business Resilience
- Global ‘socially-inclusive’ circular economy ‘Action Hub’ launched
- Waste sector grants offered for Covid-19 adaptations- Up to £10,000 per site
- Tayside welcomes brand new Tayside Upcycling & Crafts Centre on the A90
- Parklands Pub & Beer Garden : Bringing a laid back vibe to your weekend
- GWCT Scottish Game Fair announces it is to cancel 2020 event
- Balhouse Care Food Chef's Photos Go Viral as he busts the myths over Care Home catering
- Circular Tayside Newsletter: The Hybrid State - Which side are you on?
- Circular Tayside Workshop: Circular by Design - How to make your business more resource efficient
- Sustainable Innovation Fund Round 2 is now open!
- Balhousie Care Group begins phased re-opening of homes to garden visits for loved ones
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Top Industry Awards
- Gleneagles to Welcome Guests from 15 July, 2020
- Zero Waste Scotland launches food redistribution matchmaking service
- Meet George, 98 Years Young and Still Learning
- Balhousie Care Group is #GladtoCare as national awareness week “shines a light on the care industry’s incredible work”