Bank of Scotland names new head of commercial banking
Bank of Scotland has appointed a new Head of Commercial Banking, responsible for all the Bank’s business clients in Scotland.
Alasdair Gardner is returning to Bank of Scotland after a successful three-year secondment with Lloyds Banking Group as its Head of Global Corporates in North America.
Prior to that he had enjoyed a career lasting almost 30 years with Bank of Scotland.
Alasdair has also been named Head of Industrials, reporting into Scott Barton, Managing Director Large Corporates, where he will use the wealth of experience he has earned to support Lloyds Banking Group’s large corporate clients in the industrials sector.
Alasdair said: “Scotland’s business community has an exceptional international reputation, rooted in heritage and driven by an innovative outlook. I fully intend to use what I’ve learned during a rewarding secondment in North America to support the ambitious firms that underpin this reputation.
“We’ve pledged to lend £1.6bn to Scottish firms during 2019 so that they can take advantage of the opportunities that emerge as we continue to navigate through a dynamic political and economic environment.
“Scottish businesses are increasingly confident about their prospects and the Bank has a vital role to play in ensuring they achieve their full potential, creating jobs and helping Scotland prosper.
“I’m looking forward to meeting with our customers up and down the country to learn more about their ambitions and how the bank can continue to support them as effectively as possible.”
Dundee-schooled Alasdair joined Bank of Scotland as a graduate trainee in 1987 and has held a variety of senior positions, including heading up the oil and gas industry team and the Bank’s acquisition finance offering.
Alasdair is also a member of the Bank of Scotland Executive Committee and a trustee of the Bank of Scotland Foundation.
Philip Grant, chairman of Lloyds Banking Group's Scottish Executive Committee, said: “We warmly welcome Alasdair back to home turf following a successful secondment to the group’s North American business. I’m confident he’ll use his considerable expertise and experience to excel in a new leadership role within the Commercial Bank.
“His reputation in this market is second to none. He is committed to championing and supporting Scottish businesses of all sizes, with an unparalleled understanding of the nation’s business landscape.”
- Balhousie Care Group Introduce Thermal Imaging Cameras to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
- New "Chat with Circular Tayside" Series
- Perth and Kinross Residents Invited to Travel the World with Live Active Leisure
- Coronavirus in Care Homes: Balhousie Care Group reveals three months of mixed messages
- Scottish Government: Bee Disease confirmed in Perthshire, 28 May 2020
- Scottish Firms' Confidence Rises but Remains Near Record Low
- Online Arabic Language Course Starts 1 June - 20% discount offered to Perthshire Chamber Members
- Deposit Returns Scheme
- Exercises to Practice When Working
- Scottish Government: BREXIT, 19 May 2020
- Balhousie Care Group provides jobs for former Michelin factory workers in latest example of community partnership
- Perthshire Care Home 'hugely touched' by community donations
- Buy Local, Eat Local : How to shop with your local food and drink businesses during lockdown
- £4.2 million C- Voucher funding to SMEs transitioning from Linear to Circular
- FRIDAY 8TH MAY: UK to Observe a Two Minute Silence to Commemorate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day
- Property Viewings Go Virtual
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust Steps in to help 26 Community Projects, 5 May 2020
- Balhousie Care Group Media Statement, 2 May 2020
- The Enchanted Forest Announces it is to Cancel the 2020 Event
- PERTHSHIRE CHAMBER TO LAUNCH “RECOVERY AND RESILIENCE PROGRAMME” AND MEMBERSHIP PROMOTIONS TO HELP REGION'S BUSINESSES THROUGH COVID-19
- Scone Palace to launch The Scottish Garden Show
- Balhousie Care Homes join in Live Gig from Singer Kate Nicoll
- Schools, Men's Shed and Local Businesses Provide Visors for Balhouse Care Group Staff
- Virtual youth work plan for PKC young people