Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
Staff at Balhousie Luncarty care home are celebrating after receiving high grades for their leadership, wellbeing and staffing.
The Care Inspectorate has awarded the 29-bedroom care home with three Grade 5s, the body’s second highest rating, after an inspection praised the “warmth and respect” of staff and a team working closely to promote best practice.
“Staff were calm, compassionate, used good humour and showed a very good level of skill in every aspect of the care and support they offered to people. We saw some very good examples of warmth and respect being given which promoted positive relationships and a relaxed environment throughout the home,” said the Care Inspectorate report, published this week.
The report also praised Balhousie Luncarty’s activities and its “happy and sociable” mealtimes, as well as new menu offerings. The new menus form part of a company-wide relaunch of catering under new Hospitality Manager David Blackwood. One resident told inspectors: “It's like going to a restaurant every day - superb.”
The Grade 5s, which carry the rating “very good”, are a first for Balhousie Luncarty. They follow the appointment of Care Home Manager Lynn Phillips, who took up the post less than a year ago. Lynn, formerly deputy manager at Balhousie Glens in Angus, was lauded by the Care Inspectorate for having an open-door policy for residents and staff. Lynn has also overseen a recent refurbishment of the care home, including public rooms and the home’s bedrooms, all with input from the residents.
Lynn said: “I’m lucky to be working with such a committed, caring team here at Balhousie Luncarty, which visitors tell us is evident as soon as they step over the threshold to the home. I believe that strong relationships and involving everyone is the key to running a good care home, and that’s something we have here. I’m proud of the whole team for helping to achieve our first set of Grade 5s.”
Jill Kerr, Group Chief Executive Officer with Balhousie Care Group, said: “Lynn and her team work extremely hard to make Balhousie Luncarty a place where residents are happy, active and involved in the decision making of running the care home. That’s what we strive for across the group. I’m delighted to see that hard work rewarded with their first Grade 5s.”
To find out more about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
Lynn Phillips (centre) and staff from Balhousie Luncarty celebrate after receiving Grade 5s from the Care Inspectorate. L to R: Pamela Shaw, Meggie Townsley, Lynn Phillips, Gail Dove, Ben Haddow. Image credit: Perthshire Picture Agency/Graeme Hart
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline
- Queen's Awards Open for Entries - Perth and Kinross Businesses Urged to Enter
- All Strong Mind & Body Programme Free for Perth & Kinross Residents
- Glenalmond Pupils Trained as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Join BBC Debate Night's HEALTHCARE SPECIAL - Wednesday 7th April 2021
- Law firm reaches £500k fundraising milestone for Cash for Kids
- Scottish Government Daily Update 30th March 2021
- Updated Guardianship Practices During COVID-19: The Way Forward?
- UK Government Extends Temporary Insolvency Measures
- Food and Drink Business Training Programme
- Apprentice Employer Grant - Deadline Extended
- Perth & Kinross Council using Trackplot to safeguard lone workers
- Perth College/UHI Food Nutrition & Textiles Students Explore 'Industry Insights'
- Volpa Cements Position as one of Scotland's Leading Comms Agencies
- Better Places Green Recovery Fund Update
- Perth and Kinross Council walk around the world – and then some
- #FlushFest2021: the world’s only menopause festival!
- Operate After Brexit - How to Access Guidance, Support & Advice
- Flonix Welcomes New Apprentice
- Scottish Government Daily Update 24th March 2021
- £25 Million Announced for Scottish Tourism Recovery
- Increased Funding Announced for Young Persons Guarantee
- Scotland's Train Operator, Scotrail, to be Nationalised
- Balhousie in Bloom - Balhousie Care Group Garden Competition